Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

22 hours ago, cruiservirginia said:

Thank you so much for the very helpful posting from onboard!  My husband and I are booked on the Quest January 23, 2022 sailing and are struggling to decide whether to go or cancel.

My wife and I are doing the same thing.  And Azamara are not making things easy.  There is an almost identical cruise on March 6th and they have made it almost impossible to switch to a suite on that cruise.  Why?  I haven't the foggiest but there is tons of suites unsold.  They say the can't process it for 40 days?  Have they lost their computers?   The new owners are falling down on the job.

25 minutes ago, Rotenmutts said:

My wife and I are doing the same thing.  And Azamara are not making things easy.  There is an almost identical cruise on March 6th and they have made it almost impossible to switch to a suite on that cruise.  Why?  I haven't the foggiest but there is tons of suites unsold.  They say the can't process it for 40 days?  Have they lost their computers?   The new owners are falling down on the job.

Same on the Jan 7 cruise, but in the end I got the suite upgrade three days before.  Some suites are reserved for newly arriving staff that have to quarentine for two weeks.  That may be the issue, they are not clear on inventory, or virus status, until closer to departure.

• Like 1

Currently on Journey. All good. Excellent adherence to gagging up. Entertainment superb. With the significant  reduction of passenger numbers, attentiveness of staff is excellent. Currently floating around at 8 knots on the Atlantic on our way to La Gomera. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Rotenmutts said:

The large suites have  been sold out for weeks.  There are still club continents available so your TA should be able to get you moved.  If you’re trying to just upgrade, yes you’ll have to be patient as guests are still booking 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, laurieb said:

The large suites have  been sold out for weeks.  There are still club continents available so your TA should be able to get you moved.  If you’re trying to just upgrade, yes you’ll have to be patient as guests are still booking 

I'm already in a N2 on the 23rd.  But Azamara is giving my TA a song and dance.  They want me to pay another $7000 while holding on to my original $7000.  That will never happen.  This isn't the policy that was around when Azamara was owned by RCCL.  Cruise with Confidence isn't what it seems.

4 hours ago, govanguy said:

Currently on Journey. All good. Excellent adherence to gagging up. Entertainment superb. With the significant  reduction of passenger numbers, attentiveness of staff is excellent. Currently floating around at 8 knots on the Atlantic on our way to La Gomera. 

Thank you for that update!!  We're getting on when you get off!  Report of conditions aboard sound good and we won't cancel.  Looking forward to seeing the Canaries, not looking forward to the long plane ride, Miami to Madrid.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rotenmutts said:

I'm already in a N2 on the 23rd.  But Azamara is giving my TA a song and dance.  They want me to pay another $7000 while holding on to my original $7000.  That will never happen.  This isn't the policy that was around when Azamara was owned by RCCL.  Cruise with Confidence isn't what it seems.

so you're wanting to move from an N2 on the January 23rd sailing to an N2 on the March 6 sailing?  I guess I'm confused by your post

Edited by laurieb

19 hours ago, Rotenmutts said:

I also wanted to change a cruise and thought it would be simple however my understanding now of the Cruise with Confidence is that you get a Future Cruise Credit, which can take over a month to process so in the meantime if you want to book another cruise you would need to pay again then you will receive the FCC after (alternatively you take a chance and wait for the FCC to arrive then book)

I ended up cancelling for voucher and repaying as I have my eye on other cruises this year so know I will use the FCC.....I have had a revised invoice showing  amount paid and 100% non-refundable and now waiting to see how long the FCC takes to appear

• Like 2

Another fine day on Journey. No reported Covid issues. Discovery dining has been superb. Everyone onboard going above and beyond to make this an exceptional experience and succeeding at every turn. So much energy displayed by the entertainment team. It's great to be cruising again

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Scots Caz said:

I also wanted to change a cruise and thought it would be simple however my understanding now of the Cruise with Confidence is that you get a Future Cruise Credit, which can take over a month to process so in the meantime if you want to book another cruise you would need to pay again then you will receive the FCC after (alternatively you take a chance and wait for the FCC to arrive then book)

I ended up cancelling for voucher and repaying as I have my eye on other cruises this year so know I will use the FCC.....I have had a revised invoice showing  amount paid and 100% non-refundable and now waiting to see how long the FCC takes to appear

I will probably do the same thing.  January 20th is the last day we can cancel before we lose our money.  Trouble is some cruise lines are not cancelling their cruises until the day before the cruise.  They are totally disrespecting their passengers at that point.  

4 hours ago, govanguy said:

Another fine day on Journey. No reported Covid issues. Discovery dining has been superb. Everyone onboard going above and beyond to make this an exceptional experience and succeeding at every turn. So much energy displayed by the entertainment team. It's great to be cruising again

Thanks for the encouragement!  We can't wait to get aboard.  Now all we need to do is get there and pass the test!!  I'll keep the chain going for others when we are aboard.

• Like 4

Compliance with masking up has been 100 % onboard Journey. In most of the Spanish ports, masks are in the majority. My only concern was in Los Christianos, a popular holiday resort where there were an abundance of tourists not wearing.  Otherwise, great trip so far. No issues.

Common sense prevails.

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, govanguy said:

Compliance with masking up has been 100 % onboard Journey. In most of the Spanish ports, masks are in the majority. My only concern was in Los Christianos, a popular holiday resort where there were an abundance of tourists not wearing.  Otherwise, great trip so far. No issues.

Common sense prevails.

We found the same thing on the mainland Spanish resorts.  Heard lots of English being spoken  spoken through unmasked lips. 😷

Onboard Quest, the compliance was pretty good but that was before the Omicron wave.  Not surprised to see that is 100% on Journey now.  As you said, common sense prevails.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ECCruise said:

We found the same thing on the mainland Spanish resorts.  Heard lots of English being spoken  spoken through unmasked lips. 😷

Onboard Quest, the compliance was pretty good but that was before the Omicron wave.  Not surprised to see that is 100% on Journey now.  As you said, common sense prevails.

English people not wearing masks outside may be because in the UK there has never been any requirement, or even guidance, to wear masks outside, only inside in public indoor spaces such as shops etc.

3 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

English people not wearing masks outside may be because in the UK there has never been any requirement, or even guidance, to wear masks outside, only inside in public indoor spaces such as shops etc.

True. 

But 2 things.  First, it was not just outside.  Inside also.  And second, they were not all English (meaning UK) accents.  

• Like 1

Another fine day. Today, La Palma. I feel very safe onboard and generally onshore. Testing tomorrow as we temporarily leave Spain for Madeira. There appears to be a Eurofins team onboard. Tomorrow night is bright night in Madeira. Strangely, destination celebration is on night before disembark. However, I say, go with the flow. 

I have no reason to complain. Having a fantastic time...at last

• Like 4

Just returned to my stateroom following an amazing show Inthe cabaret lounge. 

The cabaret lounge has a great vibe every night with almost all onboard turning up for each show. An appreciative audience each evening. As far as testing goes tomorrow, nothing in stateroom  or in Insider to say who, where , what or when. It appears to me that testing will not take place and normal service will resume. 

So far, I say anyone considering cancelling this cruise, don't. Similarly, any hesitation, for get it. Like me, you'll have a great time.

• Like 6

On 1/10/2022 at 8:39 PM, laurieb said:

Laurie, there were none in my cruises, I lucked out as guests did want ir could not fly from canada

2 hours ago, Travels with Lisa said:

My apologies, I'm sure this has been discussed before.  How often are you tested once on board?  

TIA

Liz

I'll copy and paste from an earlier discussion:   On Quest on the Dec 10 to 23rd cruise  out of  MIami - ALL passengers have to test negative at the pier to board the ship.  Azamara provides the testing.    Then there is a mid cruise test - in our case it was on day 4 since negative tests were needed to visit Barbados which was 3 days away.   Then , toward the end of the trip, anyone who needed a test for a flight to re-renter their country, either a PCR or rapid test - which ever was required - was provided free of charge.   
The cruise after us was the same.     Someone on board now can tell you what is happening now.  

Edited by PAtravelbug

11 minutes ago, PAtravelbug said:

I'll copy and paste from an earlier discussion:   On Quest on the Dec 10 to 23rd cruise  out of  MIami - ALL passengers have to test negative at the pier to board the ship.  Azamara provides the testing.    Then there is a mid cruise test - in our case it was on day 4 since negative tests were needed to visit Barbados which was 3 days away.   Then , toward the end of the trip, anyone who needed a test for a flight to re-renter their country, either a PCR or rapid test - which ever was required - was provided free of charge.   
The cruise after us was the same.     Someone on board now can tell you what is happening now.  

Actually, just one difference on the Quest Dec 23 - Jan 7 cruise (also in a previous post), because Tortola, a last minute port change, required a negative test result to participate in the bubble tours there (only Azamara excursions allowed onshore).  So the test was optional (and free) and only needed if you purchased one of those excursions. 

Anyone on the Quest currently? We are scheduled for the next Caribbean cruise leaving on the 23rd. Wondering about Covid cases on board and how it is going in general. We have cruised on both Azamara and Windstar previously.  Just got an email from Windstar stating they have canceled all of their cruises except Tahiti (but including Caribbean) until Jan 28th because of Covid and port uncertainty. Hard to know what to do.

1 hour ago, Ag cruiser said:

Anyone on the Quest currently? We are scheduled for the next Caribbean cruise leaving on the 23rd. Wondering about Covid cases on board and how it is going in general. We have cruised on both Azamara and Windstar previously.  Just got an email from Windstar stating they have canceled all of their cruises except Tahiti (but including Caribbean) until Jan 28th because of Covid and port uncertainty. Hard to know what to do.

Understand your concern. We did the Holiday cruise on Quest and had a good time despite the Covid related challenges.  I believe @mihusker and @Leo_On_Geo are onboard Quest and provided some good updates on this thread a few days ago. They must be having a good time 😎🚢.  (Or maybe internet connection is sub-optimal.)

Also @Leo_On_Geo posted an update earlier today on the regular Roll Call thread named “Azamara Quest - January 7, 2022” (I can’t get the URL to paste here)… see their post #169 there.  Happy travels and best of luck, whatever you decide to do. 

Edited by JWayne60
  • Like 1