Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

We are on Quest at the mo. Only 160 passengers and we are all having a fantastic time. First Azamara cruise for us and we are loving it. I was very worried about coming but am so glad we did. Everyone is complying with the mask rules and we feel safe. Entertainment is still running, food delicious, staff so helpful and the cocktails yummy! Couldn't dock in Cartagena and Dom Republic but Captain quickly organised alternative ports of Bonaire, BVI and Antigua . He has reported of a handful of crew members quarantined but haven't heard of any guests (hope that hasn't jinxed it!) 

Come and have a great time.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Today, January 14, Captain reported that two Quest crew tested positive, but they had  already been in isolation (due to a previous close contact), so they have had no contact with current pax.   Tomorrow we head to Aruba, and I have not heard when our mid cruise Covid test will be. Many crew are in isolation and slowly coming out when they test negative.  Only evening dining is Prime C and Discoveries, but with the low number of Pax, that is not an issue. Supposedly back "Window" deck is reserved for crew dining.   I love the new suite breakfast in Aquilina.  You are right...I am having a great time. Booked three cruises today!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, Leo_On_Geo said:

Today, January 14, Captain reported that two Quest crew tested positive, but they had  already been in isolation (due to a previous close contact), so they have had no contact with current pax.   Tomorrow we head to Aruba, and I have not heard when our mid cruise Covid test will be. Many crew are in isolation and slowly coming out when they test negative.  Only evening dining is Prime C and Discoveries, but with the low number of Pax, that is not an issue. Supposedly back "Window" deck is reserved for crew dining.   I love the new suite breakfast in Aquilina.  You are right...I am having a great time. Booked three cruises today!

Agreed about Aqualina. We really enjoyed breakfasts there too. The perk was that in the day we disembarked, they opened at 7:30 and we took our carry ons and had breakfast there and then left the ship at a leisurely pace.    You can order pretty much anything.  But there is a set menu.  They bring around pastries. You can get fresh squeezed OJ, the ginger shot,  fruit, omelette, pancakes, quiche, oatmeal, many other dishes.    

• Like 2

Bright night tonight on Journey in Madeira. Wow! What a night! No food but entertainment team were superb . Moving on from Covid... it's with us ..we just have to live with it and live our lives and enjoy. 

Free Covid testing is available at almost every street corner in Funchal. Compliance is Green. Book now...

• Like 10

On 1/6/2022 at 5:41 PM, JWayne60 said:

@uktog as usual you are spot on. Two of your points were important for us, no flights since we live in Florida, and it was time to get away for a change. Although weather wasn’t drastically different than Tampa, I must say it was fantastic weather throughout.  It was definitely a “different” cruise for us, but we enjoyed it and are glad we did it. Of course, we had the added “insurance” of knowing that Captain Johannes would be at the helm, and that he and Azamara would make the best of things… job done. No refund necessary.

Regarding the Quest Caribbean Holiday Cruise (23-Dec to 7-Jan), in true Azamara style, my wife and I have both received the attached email from Azamara, offering us a “gift” of On Board Credit ($300 - $500 p/p) towards a new future booking, as a result of the Covid complications that were experienced. Wow. I assume we are not alone. Totally unexpected, truly Azamazing. 

856BBA63-A2C1-4FA1-8CAD-55D6F6EF5C98.png

• Like 8

We were also on the Dec 23 Holiday cruise and got the same email.   I want to again commend Capt Johannes and the crew on their communications with the passessengers ( us!) about the onboard situation ... I see on this CC board that that continues.   Once back home I read a lot of press reports about other cruise lines hemming and hawing about cases... denying the truth.   It was so comforting that Azamara was straight with us! Once again, our hearts go out to the crew who are infected or quartentined, as they serve us... since they can't leave the ship, we are the ones who infected them!

We thouroughly enjoyed our time away and on the ship.   We went to be away, and to be cared for, not to visit a specific Carribean island ( Most of which we have been to before).   SO... we have no complaints about our trip, and are surprised and gratefull by the unexpected offer of OBC.   We already have about 9 cruises booked, but will surely book more! 

• Like 8

On 1/14/2022 at 2:47 PM, Leo_On_Geo said:

Is it true that the windows deck is closed for crew only dining?

Today is Jan 17,  the Quest in in Bonaire and the Captain reported that another 160 crew tested and there were no cases.  That is Zero positives three days in a row.  Good news, and not suprising as all crew are double masked and do not go ashore.  The bad news is that there will be no passenger testing.  Passengers are not double masked and some are very careless with their masking with flimsy fabric masks, especially onshore.  I am fairly confident that there are asymptomatic cases, but we will never know.  

Windows and Sunset Bar are closed most evenings.  I have been told that crew are eating there, but have not seen. Captain says all bridge crew eat in their cabins or on the bridge.

On the Quest, there is one show every evening at 9 PM with about 60  passengers attending.  Last night was White night and very fun. I ate in Discoveries with about 20 others, but went up for the show.

• Like 1

Today on the Quest the Captain announced we have had 3 consecutive days of no positive tests. So far no guests have tested positive. Our voyage continues to be fantastic. Last night was White Night - fab. Don't feel worried about cruising. We are all having a wonderful time.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Leo_On_Geo said:

Today is Jan 17,  the Quest in in Bonaire and the Captain reported that another 160 crew tested and there were no cases.  That is Zero positives three days in a row.  Good news, and not suprising as all crew are double masked and do not go ashore.  The bad news is that there will be no passenger testing.  Passengers are not double masked and some are very careless with their masking with flimsy fabric masks, especially onshore.  I am fairly confident that there are asymptomatic cases, but we will never know.  

Windows and Sunset Bar are closed most evenings.  I have been told that crew are eating there, but have not seen. Captain says all bridge crew eat in their cabins or on the bridge.

On the Quest, there is one show every evening at 9 PM with about 60  passengers attending.  Last night was White night and very fun. I ate in Discoveries with about 20 others, but went up for the show.

Is the Patio open in the evening as an option?

55 minutes ago, Leo_On_Geo said:

Why is there no passenger testing?  I thought that was part of Azamara's protocols to test all passengers mid-cruise??