Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

4 hours ago, marinaro44 said:

Russ may have spent more money but it looks like it was money Crystal didn't have.  Don't think Russ wants a four-months-on, two-months-off situation. 

I didn’t mean to imply that the entertainment spending was excessive. Crystal passengers have high expectations of the on board experience. Just very unfortunate what has happened and I hope all the Crystal crew are able to transition appropriately. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Killin Time said:

I didn’t mean to imply that the entertainment spending was excessive. Crystal passengers have high expectations of the on board experience. Just very unfortunate what has happened and I hope all the Crystal crew are able to transition appropriately. 

You didn't imply that at all.  Crystal--and Russ--were doing what Crystal does.  But they were going belly up while doing it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from a wonderful trip on the Quest today. There were 213 guests onboard, and no reported Covid cases.  From what I heard, more than 10% of the guests opted to stay on for the next cruise this morning.  (We were tempted to, but had other commitments).  The Destination Celebration was wonderful, so was the White Night (now called that again, instead of Bright Night). We celebrated my husband's birthday aboard, and once the staff heard it was his birthday, a cake appeared, as well as decor and a lovely card in the room.  My only disappointments were the low number of guests meant some of the shore excursions and a special dinner that we had signed up for were cancelled due to lack of participation.  The service and food was better than we had remembered it to be.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

I agree with Betsy, great cruise. Capt Johannes and Ryzard were around a lot and eager to talk. All the crew were so friendly with greetings and eager to help carry plates in Windows, many addressed us by name every day. Hard to get off, but our kitty sitter had other jobs lined up.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, betsey said:

Just returned from a wonderful trip on the Quest today. There were 213 guests onboard, and no reported Covid cases.  From what I heard, more than 10% of the guests opted to stay on for the next cruise this morning.  (We were tempted to, but had other commitments).  The Destination Celebration was wonderful, so was the White Night (now called that again, instead of Bright Night). We celebrated my husband's birthday aboard, and once the staff heard it was his birthday, a cake appeared, as well as decor and a lovely card in the room.  My only disappointments were the low number of guests meant some of the shore excursions and a special dinner that we had signed up for were cancelled due to lack of participation.  The service and food was better than we had remembered it to be.

We had the same wonderful experience on Azamara Journey in December 2021 from Civitavecchia to Lisbon and we are counting the days to board Quest in May in Civitavecchia for our next Mediterranen cruise. The service, the crew and the cuisine are the reasons why we have been sailing with Azamara for years. 

• Like 6

First, thanks to all who post on this board.   We were on Quest over Christmas/New Years and got a lot of info from our fellow passengers, and I belive it provided good info to those who were about to board.  We are getting back on in March for the TA ( Mar 17) and two subsequent cruises.  I've found the posts since we got off in January helpful as we prepare for the March cruises.   So, thanks again, and Keep Posting!

• Like 4

On 2/16/2022 at 5:17 AM, betsey said:

Just returned from a wonderful trip on the Quest today. There were 213 guests onboard, and no reported Covid cases.  From what I heard, more than 10% of the guests opted to stay on for the next cruise this morning.  (We were tempted to, but had other commitments). 

I assume at a very advantageous cost? Any idea? I am about to book my first (I just learned my Silversea Tokyo to Seaward for May is being pulled this week, so looking for a filler for late Spring Early Summer and the Current Azamara deals look very tempting.)

On Quest now. Captain just announced they are going to masks optional indoors effective immediately. A not insignificant number of passengers feel a bit betrayed. I understand changing the rules effective next cruise but many committed  to this cruise because of the indoor masking requirement and now feel the rug was pulled out from them without warning or option to cancel. They should have waited three days until back in Miami. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, postnobills said:

On Quest now. Captain just announced they are going to masks optional indoors effective immediately. A not insignificant number of passengers feel a bit betrayed. I understand changing the rules effective next cruise but many committed  to this cruise because of the indoor masking requirement and now feel the rug was pulled out from them without warning or option to cancel. They should have waited three days until back in Miami. 

People boarding next Tuesday may feel "betrayed," as well.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, postnobills said:

19 minutes ago, tango9 said:

Hmmm. Just got an email from Azamara stating that masks will be required onboard inside for my Quest sailing in late March.

CDC changed the rules Feb. 18 to make masking optional on well-vaccinated ships.  But Press reports so far only mention Carnival (all brands), NCL (all brands, reconfirming), and Royal (all brands) signing on to the new voluntary regime.  Since Azamara is independent, they shouldn't be governed by Royal's decision.  It will be interesting to see how this apparent discrepancy is resolved:  did Azamara jump the gun on the current cruise, or is the email re March just an obsolete message that wasn't caught? 

I

Face Masks and Physical Distancing

• Following the Vaccination Standard of Excellence guidelines as per the CDC's COVID-19 Voluntary Program, indoor mask wearing although optional, is recommended. Masks might be required in the ports of call we visit.

I am boarding on the 22/02/2022 have just received and email  from Azamara today 19/02/2022 stating the above 

4 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

CDC changed the rules Feb. 18 to make masking optional on well-vaccinated ships.  But Press reports so far only mention Carnival (all brands), NCL (all brands, reconfirming), and Royal (all brands) signing on to the new voluntary regime.  Since Azamara is independent, they shouldn't be governed by Royal's decision.  It will be interesting to see how this apparent discrepancy is resolved:  did Azamara jump the gun on the current cruise, or is the email re March just an obsolete message that wasn't caught? 

Personally I don't think it's a bad thing. It didn't impact me on the 5 saillings I've made since last summer.

I'm not fearful of catching COVID, but know first hand if you are unfortunate, the effects it has on your cruise and journey home are devastating.

I've no idea if tests are required to board or disembark, but expect temperature tests are done and tests where anyone has a raised temperature?

We got caught out in South America because we decided to do personal independent tests every other day Then when my wife with zero symptoms tested positive, handed ourselves in. She spent 10 full days in quarantine on the ship, leaving eventually in full hazmat. I spent 2 days in isolation as a close contact. (It was meant to be 1 but they messed up. I was not impressed!!). We missed our planned disembarkation point in Ecuador. Silversea let us stay on, else she would have after spending 6 days already, had a further 14 days in "jail" in Ecuador. They also sorted out return flights from Santiago Chile. (They did look after us completely and really gratel.) We look back now (this was only a month ago) and view as an adventure - but it was anything but that at the time. The unknown can be scary, especially when you know there is nothing you can do about it.

Wearing a mask inside is child's play compared to the potential consequences..

Edited by les37b
  • Like 6

I’m on the Quest now. Haven’t heard anything official about masking, but it’s early. Personally, I’d be thrilled to lose the mask mandate, but then I’m from Texas 🙂

There are about 210 guests onboard. White Night was outside last night. All venues are open I believe, except for Aqualina in the evenings. Prime C has both menus and has been a lovely spot for dinner. Breakfast for suite guests in Aqualina is a great perk. 

I’m enjoying my first Azamara cruise.  The crew has been wonderful. 

Bill

• Like 5

It appears that  soon to sail guests from UK got a different email from Azamara than  soon to sail guests from USA.  My email outlined all the COVID -19 safety precautions, including wearing masks indoors except for when eating or drinking.  I know that CDC changed guidelines on mask wearing the same day I received the email, so Azamara USA may  change that directive.  I trust onboard the Quest that the crew  and guests

will follow whatever guidelines exist at that time

1 hour ago, big stretch said:

Are they serving any draft beer on the Quest now?   On a prior Azamara cruise I remember a keg was tapped at the pool bar....pouring Newcastle Brown Ale.  What is on tap now?  Just wondering in case I get thirsty....

We are on Quest now and had Newcastle with lunch!

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, BK55 said:

Off topic but - has anyone heard anything about the Onward - we are booked for its first 3 cruises - wonder if the pandemic labor/supply issues have hindered the refurbishing of this ship

There’s quite a lot of information on this thread: