Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

On 2/16/2022 at 12:17 AM, betsey said:

Just returned from a wonderful trip on the Quest today. There were 213 guests onboard, and no reported Covid cases.  From what I heard, more than 10% of the guests opted to stay on for the next cruise this morning.  (We were tempted to, but had other commitments).  The Destination Celebration was wonderful, so was the White Night (now called that again, instead of Bright Night). We celebrated my husband's birthday aboard, and once the staff heard it was his birthday, a cake appeared, as well as decor and a lovely card in the room.  My only disappointments were the low number of guests meant some of the shore excursions and a special dinner that we had signed up for were cancelled due to lack of participation.  The service and food was better than we had remembered it to be.

I was in fir the Barbados cruise. I am still on the Azamara evening in board as far better this cruise. Would not do the Barbaados one again,

I missed that special Spanish dinner too. I had saved OBC fir that.

yet the Valentines dinner with live music was great.

On 2/18/2022 at 2:33 PM, silkismom said:

Les, how did you hear that SS Tokyo to Seaward is canceled? We are on Mar 25 RT Tokyo.

I didn't want to answer you at the time as it was "keep quiet" info and hadn't thought anyone would pick up on my comment here and my reason for making this booking as a replacement to Japan. No high up contact or anything like that - but after Sth America and looking to book another, I was eventually told that its gone and official emails would be sent out this week. I'm gutted as I know I'm going to be screwed over what I will get back as a refund or FCC. Anyway, apologies if it looked like I was ignoring. At least you know its accurate now.

Captain Jonas Lyddby onboard now and will replace Johannes for the next cruise.  He played Chopin for us at the top cruiser party.  Much concern onboard for the Ukrainian crew members and families. 

Food quality excellent although only Discoveries and Prime C (with dual menus) have been open for dinner.  Italian and French Chef's Tables and a Spanish Explorer's Table being served.  About half of 200+ passengers in suites so Prime C gets crowded.

Seas somewhat rough Miami to St. Thomas.  New singers/dancers start next cruise.  No mention of any virus issues.  Ryszard to leave before the crossing.  Usual Azamara service and vibe.  Amanda does her show tonight.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, marinaro44 said:

Captain Jonas Lyddby onboard now and will replace Johannes for the next cruise.  He played Chopin for us at the top cruiser party.  Much concern onboard for the Ukrainian crew members and families. 

Food quality excellent although only Discoveries and Prime C (with dual menus) have been open for dinner.  Italian and French Chef's Tables and a Spanish Explorer's Table being served.  About half of 200+ passengers in suites so Prime C gets crowded.

Seas somewhat rough Miami to St. Thomas.  New singers/dancers start next cruise.  No mention of any virus issues.  Ryszard to leave before the crossing.  Usual Azamara service and vibe.  Amanda does her show tonight.

Thanks for the update. Windows not open?

4 hours ago, marinaro44 said:

Captain Jonas Lyddby onboard now and will replace Johannes for the next cruise.  He played Chopin for us at the top cruiser party. 

Johannes posted a video from the evening on the "book of faces"

Jonas is a talented musician!

1 hour ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Hmm, was open for dinner on my Christmas cruise.

Probably depends on number of passengers.... I was on Christmas cruise and MANY more than 200.  Suspect on the Mar 17 crossing and following Euripesn cruises there will be more passengers

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Thanks for the update. Windows not open?

Been on three weeks only for Indian and that was to be served on patio. And it rained and moved inside.

the menus need TLC..order off menu a lot. Best was fresh salmon served in Prime C with a stir fried rice.

• Like 3

On 2/25/2022 at 6:52 PM, silkismom said:

Is Valentyna still in the Den playing piano? She is from Ukraine, worried about her.

Yes, Valentyna is playing nightly in the Den. She briefly said her family is doing okay. I really enjoy her performances. I do wish there was live music somewhere on the ship during the day. Everything is bunched up in the evening. 

Bill

• Like 3