Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

40 minutes ago, govanguy said:

I spoke with Tony during the Discoverers VIP event. He's enjoying his new position and looks forward to taking on the task again as Hotel Manager on Beyond . His wife, Christine was leaving Journey yesterday to return home.

Thank you for this govanguy, appreciated.  We’re on the Journey in June and was looking forward to seeing him.  Pleased to know his enjoying his new role, quite a transition.

Been having great difficulty in posting last few weeks, even to just make a “like” contribution.  Anyway, gremlin’s appear to have gone, now for Covid!

Regards

Captain Filip of the Journey did not mention the cancelled cruises or anything unusual about the ship.  Perhaps he didn't want to put a damper on the evening.  Today there was another large AIDA ship berthed at Fuerteventura when we got up this AM so I don't think it has anything to do with the Canaries............. tomorrow to Madeira and we'll see how things are there.

Our cruise, 12/10, Quest,…..Dominica ….we had only one shorex available to book prior to boarding.  There were several more available  once we got onboard.  But we could not go ashore independently.  I hope you will post once onboard to keep us all posted! 

2 hours ago, silkismom said:

Thanks, I'll look.

16 hours ago, silkismom said:

Will look forward to hearing people who get on the Quest tomorrow. We're the cruise after that one. Guadaloupe has been changed to Dominica, but haven't seen any shore exc. listed for there yet.  

We went river tubing in Dominica. It was fun, but most of the time the river wasn’t running very fast and we had to be dragged along by the guides 😂

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, silkismom said:

Will look forward to hearing people who get on the Quest tomorrow. We're the cruise after that one. Guadaloupe has been changed to Dominica, but haven't seen any shore exc. listed for there yet.  

We are also on the Feb 3 sailing, just noticed yesterday that shore excursions are now available for the new port of Dominica online.

2 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

We went river tubing in Dominica. It was fun, but most of the time the river wasn’t running very fast and we had to be dragged along by the guides 😂

Thank you, we had been looking at that--back to the drawing board. Was hoping for a snorkel trip.

• Like 1

Journey docked in La Estaca, El Hierro.

Burns Day today. Congrats to all Scottish on here. 

Fair fa' your honest, sonsie face, Great chieftain o' the pudding-race! Aboon them a' ye tak your place, Painch, tripe, or thairm : Weel are ye wordy o'a grace As lang's my arm.

😀

20220125_102002.jpg

20220125_095920.jpg

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, oddjob16 said:

Fair fa' your honest, sonsie face, Great chieftain o' the pudding-race! Aboon them a' ye tak your place, Painch, tripe, or thairm : Weel are ye wordy o'a grace As lang's my arm.

😀

20220125_102002.jpg

20220125_095920.jpg

Thank you Odd for remembering our special day

• Like 4

2 hours ago, oddjob16 said:

😀

20220125_102002.jpg

20220125_095920.jpg

• Like 1

Boarded Quest on January 23 for Caribbean Sunsets cruise.  162 onboard including approximately 10 guest lecturers and performers .  Testing at the port was very efficient.  No additional testing planned for passengers unless required to return home.  Captain said all crew members have exited quarantine.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, cruiservirginia said:

Boarded Quest on January 23 for Caribbean Sunsets cruise.  162 onboard including approximately 10 guest lecturers and performers .  Testing at the port was very efficient.  No additional testing planned for passengers unless required to return home.  Captain said all crew members have exited quarantine.

Have a fantastic time and keep us posted!

I wonder if anyone on this thread is able to comment on any information or experience with covid quarantine on recent Azamara cruises. I realize there is already a thread on this subject, but only one passenger has shared her experience.

Although quarantine by definition is restrictive and certainly no picnic,  the treatment  she describes in her post seems especially harsh and generally sounded very unlike Azamara's typical regard for passengers.