Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

Well, that's all folks. 10 nights on Journey. No trauma. 207 guests onboard and no Covid traumas. 2 crew members for every passenger. You couldn't ask for a better time. Service, entertainment,food, all first class. Big change of crew after this cruise ends tomorrow. They are boarding tonight but must quarantine before released to serve. To sum up...I don't want to get off to travel home tomorrow... 

Just book it!! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We are to be on the Quest this Feb. Are they doing the Chefs table? If so, is there one big table or are they putting traveling companions at their own table. We have the premium drink pkg. If we upgrade to ultimate, do we pay full price or just difference between the two? Or what is price to order drink outside the package?        Thank You

20 minutes ago, govanguy said:

To sum up...I don't want to get off to travel home tomorrow... 

Just book it!! 

I felt like that on my December cruise on Journey and did end up booking onboard and staying on for the Christmas Cruise getting off 28th December. Will be getting back on on the 29th January 🙂

• Like 3

8 hours ago, LUV2binMT said:

We are to be on the Quest this Feb. Are they doing the Chefs table? If so, is there one big table or are they putting traveling companions at their own table. We have the premium drink pkg. If we upgrade to ultimate, do we pay full price or just difference between the two? Or what is price to order drink outside the package?        Thank You

Drink prices vary, but you can ask them to make any cocktail using the included drinks (or your spirits in your Premium package) & these will be included (free). You can also buy wine by the bottle or a wine package if you don’t like the included wine. If you have a look through the topic ‘Tips for Azamara Newbies’ there are some bar menus.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, govanguy said:

No

I think the verandah dining was crew only for Quest to give more distance space downstairs  from what I read. Each ship is having to do things differently just now

20 hours ago, juliacb said:

Why is there no passenger testing?  I thought that was part of Azamara's protocols to test all passengers mid-cruise??

The documents received on Journey (8 Jan-18 Jan) said there would be a mid-cruise test, but there wasn't. And then Spanish protocols changed mid-cruise so there was no end of cruise testing unless you required it to get back into your home country (US). 

However, they did specially test everyone who was exposed to someone ill on a tour. I'm slightly concerned that they're relaxing too quickly, which we've seen on other lines with good records, and who then start developing a lot of cases. Hope I'm wrong about that for Azamara..

• Like 2

Sad news, Tonight Captain Johanas on Quest reported that the AZ Journey will be suspending Canary Island  cruising for a few months due to Omichron.  Forget the exact dates, but it seems like crusing will resume in early May?.

Azamara is taking it seriously, they just need the passengers to as well.

Fourth day with no positive crew on Quest, and no passenger testing follows new CDC guidelines.  Tomorrow Antigua. 

• Like 1

We embarked Journey today. 27 months and 4 cancelled cruises after we last set foot  on board Journey. We have heard nothing that  @Leo_On_Geo mentions, although as we are up and running perhaps  they wouldnt tell us? What other information did Capt  Johannes give? Could this be because of future  low numbers? The testing regime is the same on here and Quest but perhaps they just cant run at smaller numbers?

202 passengers of which 144 are from the uk and 20 from US..our check in time was 2-2.30 and we arrived about 1.45. We were tested and on board before 2.30. 

our cabin attendant will apparently take our temperatures each each morning, and we have booked our time slot.

The show this evening introduced  4 very competent singers, plus a pair of dancers (not Sasha & Dima)

There is a small change in itinerary to accommodate the weather.

Staff are enthusiastic as always and extremely helpful.  There is a new sign up to wifi which works so much better than before.

It was very emotional to be on board again, we've never been clapped as we set foot on board before! 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Baynanno1 said:

Something went wrong above!

Check out the thread "Azamara Journey canceled trips" posted a short while ago.

Thanks for that. That is very sad to read.  We had only just come out of the theatre earlier and I hadnt caught up. 😢

1 hour ago, Leo_On_Geo said:

Sad news, Tonight Captain Johanas on Quest reported that the AZ Journey will be suspending Canary Island  cruising for a few months due to Omichron.  Forget the exact dates, but it seems like crusing will resume in early May?.

Azamara is taking it seriously, they just need the passengers to as well.

Fourth day with no positive crew on Quest, and no passenger testing follows new CDC guidelines.  Tomorrow Antigua. 

Omicron is reason for cancellations on Journey?  Doesn’t make sense to me……there have been more cases of Covid on Quest than Journey.  Could it be low booking numbers on Journey due to Omicron?  That sounds more realistic to me.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

Omicron is reason for cancellations on Journey?  Doesn’t make sense to me……there have been more cases of Covid on Quest than Journey.  Could it be low booking numbers on Journey due to Omicron?  That sounds more realistic to me.  

Maybe the Canaries have too much Omicron?

I have just checked the Azamara web site and the Canary Island cruises in February have disappeared.

The one on the 29 January 2022 seems to be still going ahead and seems to be quite full.  I think one of the reasons for the cancellation of the February cruises may have been low bookings.  We looked at taking the 11 night one on the 8th February but the return flight to UK was very expensive and the flights for the following cruise were even more pricey especially for a 7 night cruise.  This could be because the timing coincides with the Uk schools half term holidays.

We second everything being said about the Journey - we boarded yesterday and are loving every minute aboard again.  We had to fly in just in time for the cruise so the schedule change meant no resting sea day first but we're better after an early-to-bed and a good night's rest.  And I'd seen the rain predicted for Madeira so the re-arranging of the schedule was a great move.

They've not mentioned any February cancellations.  And one has to wonder why they would bring aboard a new crew if they were cancelling after our cruise ends?????  To anyone considering a cruise on Azamara Journey - DO IT.  And from the crowd today at Tramfaya NP there's no shortage of visitors.  Probably not like in the past but definitely not deserted!

Haven't met any fellow CC posters onboard yet but I hope to.........

Eileen and Harry

• Like 3

Yes, the cancellation is real and sad.  Talked to our waiter tonight.  After a few awkward moments, he said it wasn't supposed to be broad knowledge yet but I said it'd all over CC.  He sighted the low  number of cruisers (loosing money) as reason for CX.  Some of crew to be transferred to other Azamara ships.  Yes, the new people are quarantined but to be transferred to other 2 Azamara ships.  I don't think it's the itinerary, Canary Islands are open (with vaccine and mask requirements)  And tonight the Mein Schiff and a large Aida ship pulled in to Lanzarote while we were having dinner.  Since we're mostly UK and a few Americans, maybe that's the reason.......

Eileen

• Like 1

8 hours ago, royallondon said:

Hi.  How’s Tony settling into his new role?

Regards

I spoke with Tony during the Discoverers VIP event. He's enjoying his new position and looks forward to taking on the task again as Hotel Manager on Beyond . His wife, Christine was leaving Journey yesterday to return home.

Edited by govanguy
Missed wording

48 minutes ago, govanguy said:

I spoke with Tony during the Discoverers VIP event. He's enjoying his new position and looks forward to taking on the task again as Hotel Manager on Beyond . His wife, Christine was leaving Journey yesterday to return home.

Not sure I understand - Hotel Mgr of Beyond?  Do you mean Onward?