Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

23 minutes ago, oddjob16 said:

Anyone on Journey that can answer? Are you able to do all ports independently or are some of them Azamara excursions only? I ask because I don’t trust information on the website about Madeira. It states that all Portuguese ports, except Lisbon, are restricted to ships excursions and no independent tours at all. This information is from October 2021 and hopefully outdated.

Not on Journey presently but just came back from 40 days on ships in Europe and a crossing so fairly aware of current regulations.  Our ships had calls in Spain, Italy, Greece, France and Portugal in the last 2 months.

The only place ship tours were required (and adhered to) was Italy.  In every other port independent touring was possible.  This included a non-Lisbon Portugal port (Punta Delgada) which we missed due to weather, but independent touring was to be permitted there also. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, oddjob16 said:

Anyone on Journey that can answer? Are you able to do all ports independently or are some of them Azamara excursions only? I ask because I don’t trust information on the website about Madeira. It states that all Portuguese ports, except Lisbon, are restricted to ships excursions and no independent tours at all. This information is from October 2021 and hopefully outdated.

We were on Journey last week. We could go on shore independently everywhere  including Madeira. The only problem for me and several other passengers was that there were no shuttle buses provided.  We were told it was because of covid but in that case, why were the ship 's tours OK but shuttle's not OK. After all,  we were all from the same ship.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, uktog said:

Hope you can still have a lovely relaxing day onboard and that those who go ashore have an enjoyable time.  I’m disappointed that there’s now reported to be an atmosphere onboard when so many posters here have been so accommodating and making lemonade.  Hope you find the positive corner onboard and have a good safe day.

Thanks to all those who are giving us the balanced, clear updates we all need 

We are all just a little bit scared. So double masking and having fun.

tonight’s show is Tanyas and going to early show and a very late dinner.

Tortola,I think the captain said twice it was bubble tours if they allowed us in..Jan 1st.on Jan 2 he said about 8 PM tables were being set up on pool deck for testing. That was the only safe place at last minute to have testing.Took Tortola all day  to send answers about being allowed in and bubble tours.

he was very clear no answer about key west yet. Which if a sea day we will be floating from Cuban waters to Miami.

both Jan 1st and Jan 2 he spoke between 7 and 9 at night,He honestly tried to get us into another port besides Antigua. Just no bubble tours.

4 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Personally, I have not seen a lot of stressed people. I was a little disappointed to miss Tortola, but I guess that’s on me for not paying attention! By the time I figured out that we couldn’t go ashore independently, the excursions were sold out. Oh well, will just have to rough it with another “sea day.” 😉

About 85% positive that on Jan 1st Johaness said that on Jan 2nd shore ex was opening at 7:30am to sell tours for both days. Johaness spoke before I was at dinner but after I saw you at pool bar. I have no idea if they sold any tours at night. Also front desk now sells tickets. 
sorry you missed both his info and the lovely island. 

1 hour ago, Roel94 said:

About 85% positive that on Jan 1st Johaness said that on Jan 2nd shore ex was opening at 7:30am to sell tours for both days. Johaness spoke before I was at dinner but after I saw you at pool bar. I have no idea if they sold any tours at night. Also front desk now sells tickets. 
sorry you missed both his info and the lovely island. 

Yes, I need to pay attention more!

Picture 1: how are they even staying in business?

Picture 3: I only had one glass of wine with lunch (the constantly topping up of my glass doesn’t count, right?

Picture 2: I don’t remember Beyond Burger or Turkey burgers from my last cruise (2019), but I am now addicted to the Turkey burger!

DB0E1676-2A92-41C5-B8B9-52AA50588501.jpeg

0084A3A2-11BD-43FB-8C79-F23B16E5B3E2.jpeg

7FB56674-58AC-4831-9B27-1C1CFC708079.jpeg

• Like 10

2 hours ago, mumcat said:

We were on Journey last week. We could go on shore independently everywhere  including Madeira. The only problem for me and several other passengers was that there were no shuttle buses provided.  We were told it was because of covid but in that case, why were the ship 's tours OK but shuttle's not OK. After all,  we were all from the same ship.

Thank you. That is good to know. We have a nice private tour planned for Madeira and are prepared to walk to the gates. Maybe the company we have hired are allowed to drive shipside, but that is a minor problem.

• Like 1

So now you are going to Key West?  Was that part of the itinerary?  I'm concerned our 11 day 6 port cruise on the 23rd will have 4 of the ports cancelled.  It would be nice if they had a backup.  Still 2 weeks to decide whether to go.  Omicron has got crazy at home.

We were on Journey last week (the cruise ending on the 28th Dec) and just to say that it is a fairly short walk from the ship to the town in Madeira. We were allowed out on independent tours in all ports but that might have changed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rotenmutts said:

So now you are going to Key West?  Was that part of the itinerary?  I'm concerned our 11 day 6 port cruise on the 23rd will have 4 of the ports cancelled.  It would be nice if they had a backup.  Still 2 weeks to decide whether to go.  Omicron has got crazy at home.

Key West was scheduled and we are crossing our fingers that it will be a go.

Anyone know if its possible to give OBC as tips to crew? We have $1300, in a suite with premium bev pkgs, one shore exc canceled already and we don't go until Feb. Really hate to give back all that OBC. I'm not into massages and I bought a watch on the last cruise.

53 minutes ago, silkismom said:

Anyone know if its possible to give OBC as tips to crew? We have $1300, in a suite with premium bev pkgs, one shore exc canceled already and we don't go until Feb. Really hate to give back all that OBC. I'm not into massages and I bought a watch on the last cruise.

I believe you can donate it to the crew fund.  Contact guest relations for that. 

4 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Key West was scheduled and we are crossing our fingers that it will be a go.

Captain has indeed confirmed during two different announcements this evening that Key West is a go on 6-Jan as planned, and that we will need to wear masks while ashore there. If I understood correctly, he also indicated that US immigration inspection will take place there in Key West, so will not be necessary when we get to Miami on 7-Jan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Yes, I need to pay attention more!

As he speaks into the MDR the noise level worse than a hallway or cabin. But I would just get up to listen. I find his  info  more important than anything.

want to make sure unless something changes we can go off alone  in key west but nit sure yet on COVID testing fir America, but the govt coming on ship before we can get off.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Picture 1: how are they even staying in business?

Picture 3: I only had one glass of wine with lunch (the constantly topping up of my glass doesn’t count, right?

Picture 2: I don’t remember Beyond Burger or Turkey burgers from my last cruise (2019), but I am now addicted to the Turkey burger!

DB0E1676-2A92-41C5-B8B9-52AA50588501.jpeg

0084A3A2-11BD-43FB-8C79-F23B16E5B3E2.jpeg

7FB56674-58AC-4831-9B27-1C1CFC708079.jpeg

Been eating the turkey burger for years. The beyond burger new this year..so I think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JWayne60 said:

Captain has indeed confirmed during two different announcements this evening that Key West is a go on 6-Jan as planned, and that we will need to wear masks while ashore there. If I understood correctly, he also indicated that US immigration inspection will take place there in Key West, so will not be necessary when we get to Miami on 7-Jan.

I think when there Nov 27th it was suggested wear a mask. At some point then I gave up,as I was eating and drinking, But wore in the three or four stores I was in.

now will wear one and have new back ups for  after lunch or shopping.remember the throw always last just hours.  Do you have N95's .

6 hours ago, JWayne60 said:

Glad to see you are getting Key West - enjoy keep safe - probably advisable to keep out of their bars and restaurants and just enjoy a walk around. Good luck with all the paperwork, tests etc. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, silkismom said:

If not and you’re a wine drinker, buy bottles to take home. Or splurge on some of the high end bottles at dinner. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, JWayne60 said:

Captain just reported that City of Key West has just decided that we CANNOT dock there. Exploring other port options, or maybe just another day at sea. 

Yes, disappointing, but not totally unexpected. He did not sound optimistic about finding another port and still getting us back to Miami on time. At least the weather is beautiful, the food and drinks are good, and I am not at work!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Does anyone know if it is easy to get an Uber or Lyft at the Miami cruise terminal? Gotta be cheaper than a ship’s transfer, yes?

We did Lyft a couple of weeks ago, Miami terminal to MIA

$21 or so and 15 minutes pickup to dropoff.

Pretty simple.  We disembarked a much bigger ship (2300 pax) so it was a mini-zoo at the taxi area but Lyft found is and we were off. 

• Thanks 1