Miscellaneous breakfast questions

Happycrafter123

Our friends will not cruse NCL because of the brand of toilet paper. We told them to pack their own. They did and were embarrassed because  they had to go to the naughty room. They exceeded the TP limit! We could never find out how many rolls are allowed.

Smile - your on Candid Camera!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kylenyc said:

I know I'm not the only one on CC who makes a bee line for the Lox (brined smoked salmon) with onions and capers. That's my go to breakfast with some cantaloupe and honeydew. If memory serves it seems they hide on the last buffet station in the very back. Now if NCL would only serve onion or everything bagels and creme cheese it would heaven.

Oh no, you're not the only one, but I think they do serve cream cheese.  I usually only eat lox on cruise ships, and can never remember what order to put the toppings on.  I think it's

cream cheese

then capers (those suckers will roll all over the place if you don't)

the tomatoes and onions (oh, yeah, I add tomatoes, too)

then the lox

You can have the cantaloupe and honeydew (or muskmelon as my in laws in Iowa call it).  They're pretty much the only two fruits I can't stomach.

--Michael

• Like 1

1 hour ago, numberguy said:

Oh no, you're not the only one, but I think they do serve cream cheese.  I usually only eat lox on cruise ships, and can never remember what order to put the toppings on.  I think it's

cream cheese

then capers (those suckers will roll all over the place if you don't)

the tomatoes and onions (oh, yeah, I add tomatoes, too)

then the lox

You can have the cantaloupe and honeydew (or muskmelon as my in laws in Iowa call it).  They're pretty much the only two fruits I can't stomach.

--Michael

The smoked salmon at Moderno's salad bar was surprisingly good too!

2 hours ago, Homosassa said:

Is it lox (salt cured, no smoking)  or nova (lower salt brine and then lightly smoked)?

Much of what people refer to as lox is actually nova. The taste of a true belly lox will bowl you over by the saltiness of the flavor.

It's probably nova.

3 hours ago, Oxo said:

Our friends will not cruse NCL because of the brand of toilet paper. We told them to pack their own. They did and were embarrassed because  they had to go to the naughty room. They exceeded the TP limit! We could never find out how many rolls are allowed.

I’m pretty sure the limit is zero. The plumbing system can’t handle the fancy paper.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Zippeedee said:

I’m pretty sure the limit is zero. The plumbing system can’t handle the fancy paper.

Thank you! Never thought of that. Apparently the bears are not telling the truth. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zippeedee said:

What what? You jest? 😮

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

Thank you! Never thought of that. Apparently the bears are not telling the truth. 

I bring cottonelle flushable wipes in a zip lock bag. They look just like disinfecting wipes that I also bring along. Never been stopped and never clogged their toilets. *bites my tongue avoiding a tasteless obvious joke here*

...Then again I can help the begged question of how this thread went sideways from breakfasts to toilets. 🤣

Edited by kylenyc

53 minutes ago, kylenyc said:

What what? You jest? 😮

I bring cottonelle flushable wipes in a zip lock bag. They look just like disinfecting wipes that I also bring along. Never been stopped and never clogged their toilets. *bites my tongue avoiding a tasteless obvious joke here*

...Then again I can help the begged question of how this thread went sideways from breakfasts to toilets. 🤣

Thanks, I will pass this on to them. Never though of that.
Stay Safe

• Like 1

20 hours ago, numberguy said:

--Michael

I hate cantaloupe (I think it takes like...) and I'm not a fan of honeydew either. I hate that so many fruit cups contain mainly those things.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2021 at 9:16 AM, fabby50 said:

My favorite breakfast on a cruise ship is muesli. 

I LOVE the muesli!  It’s one of the things I look forward to.  So good!

ETA:  to the original poster:  if your maple syrup brings you joy then bring it along if it’s allowed!

Edited by melodyesch
Forgot to reply to OP
  • Like 1

On 11/9/2021 at 1:03 PM, kylenyc said:

I know I'm not the only one on CC who makes a bee line for the Lox (brined smoked salmon) with onions and capers. That's my go to breakfast with some cantaloupe and honeydew. If memory serves it seems they hide on the last buffet station in the very back. Now if NCL would only serve onion or everything bagels and creme cheese it would heaven.

It has been gone from the breakfast buffet for a couple of years. They have been serving a salmon spread (cream cheese with a hint of something fishy). 

But,,, it made a reappearance with the restart (at least on the Encore)

image.png.0142a4e6633357247d5f21ae8905ca54.png

• Like 1