Celebrity Millennium: any loungers on sky suite balconies?

dleahy4444

We are on the 1/6/2022 sailing in a sky suite 6132. There is a video online recorded by a recent cruiser and it looks as if the balcony has a small narrow love seat rather than the two chaise loungers I was expecting. Were the loungers replaced after the renovation? Anyone sail in her recently? Also I choose this stateroom because the deck plan showed that it was on the corner a bump out so I thought the balcony would be more spacious but in the video the balcony looks triangular and somewhat awkward. I’m sure it will all be wonderful but would like to know what to expect. Thanks all.

1 minute ago, dleahy4444 said:

We are on the 1/6/2022 sailing in a sky suite 6132. There is a video online recorded by a recent cruiser and it looks as if the balcony has a small narrow love seat rather than the two chaise loungers I was expecting. Were the loungers replaced after the renovation? Anyone sail in her recently? Also I choose this stateroom because the deck plan showed that it was on the corner a bump out so I thought the balcony would be more spacious but in the video the balcony looks triangular and somewhat awkward. I’m sure it will all be wonderful but would like to know what to expect. Thanks all.

You can ask your butler (Personal Retreat Host) for a lounger.  

• Thanks 1

We asked for two lounge chairs on the Summit and we received them.  You are right that there is a bench/love seat there now.  We just moved the bench to fit width wise instead of length wise.  There should be enough room in 6132 for the bench, loungers and the table with chairs.  We were in 6146 and it fit.

• Thanks 1

We spent the last two weeks of September on the Millennium in SS 6132.  We also stayed in that SS several years ago prior to the renovation, and have been in that SS on other M-class ships.  The balcony is wonderful.  We had a small table and two chairs in addition to the padded love seat sized seating.  Actually, it may be a little longer than a standard love seat.

17 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

We spent the last two weeks of September on the Millennium in SS 6132.  We also stayed in that SS several years ago prior to the renovation, and have been in that SS on other M-class ships.  The balcony is wonderful.  We had a small table and two chairs in addition to the padded love seat sized seating.  Actually, it may be a little longer than a standard love seat.

Thanks for your reply. Im glad to know that you have been in that actual stateroom and liked the balcony. I’m a little confused about the category of stateroom it is. I thought I booked an S1 sky suite and that is what my invoice says. But when I looked at the deck plan on the Celebrity website it listed the room as an Aqua Class Sky suite. I never heard of that category before. Ive been trying to call Celebrity for clarification but I’m on perpetual hold.

26 minutes ago, dleahy4444 said:

Thanks for your reply. Im glad to know that you have been in that actual stateroom and liked the balcony. I’m a little confused about the category of stateroom it is. I thought I booked an S1 sky suite and that is what my invoice says. But when I looked at the deck plan on the Celebrity website it listed the room as an Aqua Class Sky suite. I never heard of that category before. Ive been trying to call Celebrity for clarification but I’m on perpetual hold.

That's a new category with additional amenities that doesn't kick in until early 2023. Until then, it's still just a regular S1. When you look at the deck plan on X's website, there's a dropdown date menu on the top right. Click it to match to the date of your sailing.

9 hours ago, RichYak said:

That's a new category with additional amenities that doesn't kick in until early 2023. Until then, it's still just a regular S1. When you look at the deck plan on X's website, there's a dropdown date menu on the top right. Click it to match to the date of your sailing.

Thanks for the info. That’s very interesting. I think the changes are not in place for my sailing, but good to know.

I was in 6131 on Summit a couple of weeks ago, also solo, and found that sofa thingy to be surprisingly comfy.  I stretched out on it to watch the full moon on the water and ended up sleeping there most of the night.  VERY comfy.  There's definitely room for loungers, too.

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...