**** CARNIVAL COVID TESTING THREAD #1 **** PLEASE READ!!!!!

Host Carolyn

5 hours ago, Twiga said:

Does Carnival offer covid tests at the Long Beach terminal on the day of the cruise?  We are having difficulty finding rapid tests in our area.  

Will arrive into Long Beach tomorrow morning and will check to see if they have a testing center there, I did not see one this past Saturday.

Fred

41 minutes ago, Twiga said:

Thank you Wennfred!  Have a great cruise!

Hi,  I am in the same boat..  called Carnival corporate and they said there is no testing at the pier.  Looking for a. back up plan.  Does anyone know of a rapid test site in the Long Beach area, not CVS or wallgreens, not appointments available.  Also checked long beach airport and could not find any available testing.  Thanks!

I bought two of the Abbott BinaxNOW tests for my cruise on 12/12/21 but even with the expiration extension, they will expire on 12/6/21. The OPTUM store refunded my money but they didn't want the tests returned. If someone can use them and wants to save a bit from the normal cost, send me a PM. If this a rules violation, please let me know as I have only been a lurker here.Test.thumb.jpg.54cc489cca14b67bfc049bfb1930869b.jpg

On 11/13/2021 at 11:52 AM, Wennfred said:

Last year I waited 11 days for CVS to get my results, also a few people said that CVS changed their testing time to East Coast time and they did’t make the 72 hour time frame flying into Hawaii, but that was the beginning of testing and it was all new. so for that reason I don’t trust them, also there has been issues with the Walgreens here as well, we don’t have a rapid testing Walgreens center nearby but will check again when I get back  But free is always good for sure. Free or not, I rather just test at home and not have to travel somewhere. If I mess up the test, then it’s on me but I will have results in 30 minutes with the eMed route.

Currently at the cruise terminal in Long Beach, about to board at noon.checking in went very fast.

Fred

Once you take the test, how do you get results electronically?  Do you log in and someone watches you test yourself?  Need more advice. 

14 hours ago, Wennfred said:

Will arrive into Long Beach tomorrow morning and will check to see if they have a testing center there, I did not see one this past Saturday.

Fred

Can you tell me more about your Covid test you self administered and got electronic results?

We cruise for Christmas. There are no testing sites open on Sunday in our town so hoping this might be the answer. 

Post number 5 has ParoDeeJay video on how to conduct the eMed test, this is what I used to get onboard Panorama this past week.

Once you get the kit, you download the NAVICA app, you register there with all of your info including your email. 

Do not open the kit until you are told too, someone will be watching you and they will instruct you on what to do.

Test is 15 minutes then you wait 15 minutes for the results to show, then you get back on the phone or tablet/laptop and they email you your results immediately.

Fred

• Like 2

I have one more kit that expires 2 days before my trip which is perfect. I call to make sure or get a refund and re-order, next cruise under 27 days.

Having lots of issues posting and logging onto this site. So my replies will take longer.

Again, I will check Long Beach this morning to see if they have a Covid testing site in the Terminal.

Currently pulling in now.

Fred

Booked on the Breeze out of Galveston Dec.16th.  There are three of us and I am trying to navigate this rapid testing/costs, etc.  Walgreens has one that is called Rapid Diagnostic(ID Now) but I can't see where Carnival says this is an acceptable test?  Does anyone know?  The BinaxNow test is not at any

of the Walgreens in San Antonio which seems odd. Some of the med clinics have it but are charging $170 per person.  Will also be calling CVS.  Thank you!!

Hi Wennfred.

Question, you said that you bought a 3 pack of tests, can 3 different people use the tests or are they only good for the person who purchased the tests? When I went to make the purchase it asks questions about the person making the purchase. So I stopped to look for answers. I have a large group cruising in December and wanted to know if I could purchase 5 2-packs or if I need to purchase 10 of these things? Appreciate any help!

Tracy

On 11/11/2021 at 3:13 PM, Wennfred said:

Successfully completed the eMed at home Covid test this morning and printed out the results. Sailing onboard Carnival Panorama this Saturday. For those traveling this weekend,  Have a safe trip.

I’ve used Carbon Health at the San Diego Airport, $150.00 for the PCR test and you get the results on their App by 5:30am the next morning. So you test Thursday afternoon and Friday morning you get your results.

This time I went with the eMed at home test kit using my Laptop with a built in webcam. You can use your cellphone or tablet, IPad etc with a working webcam. I paid $107.00 total for 3 test kits. It’s $70.00 for 2 kits on the Optum store. 

This test takes about 30 minutes to complete and you’re done.

https://store.optum.com/shop/products/abbott-binaxNOW-COVID-19-ag-at-home-test-kit-2-pack

Fred

Each box is for anyone to use. It will ask you questions when you purchase it to ensure you are buying the correct ones for travel, but when you download the NAVICA app, everyone will need to have their own account and their own email address so that they can send you the test results. 

I tried adding another person to my account and it wouldn’t work which is so dumb, they need that other person to authorize to see their own results, so don’t add another profile to your NAVICA account.

I got the 3 pack since I needed 2 for this cruise I just came from (me and another passenger) and 1 more for my December cruise as I will be solo for that one.

Fred

Edited by Wennfred

We are going on carnival leaving December 26. I tried to make testing appointments at quest but they are closed December 24 and 25. I guess I have to buy the at home tests- I was hoping to avoid the fee but I guess I have no choice. My worry is that you need to video chat with the company, won’t they be closed December 24? Anyone have least expensive options for us? I have 4 kids so there will be six of us in all. Thanks! 

On 11/20/2021 at 12:39 PM, backstabbath said:

Booked on the Breeze out of Galveston Dec.16th.  There are three of us and I am trying to navigate this rapid testing/costs, etc.  Walgreens has one that is called Rapid Diagnostic(ID Now) but I can't see where Carnival says this is an acceptable test?  Does anyone know?  The BinaxNow test is not at any

of the Walgreens in San Antonio which seems odd. Some of the med clinics have it but are charging $170 per person.  Will also be calling CVS.  Thank you!!

We purchased our BinaxNOW test kit from the Optum store. Google it and you’ll find them. I get my prescriptions through their pharmacy and they do a good job. 

• Like 1