protocols through march

tiffy0428

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Some hoped 5 and up would be required to be vaccinated and some are glad it wasnt added ... yet. 

yeah i noticed that they’re not requiring it. i wonder if that will lesson people chances of getting an exemption for kids 5-11 since the option is there to be vaccinated.

18 minutes ago, tiffy0428 said:

yeah i noticed that they’re not requiring it. i wonder if that will lesson people chances of getting an exemption for kids 5-11 since the option is there to be vaccinated.

I know some older cruisers were hoping kids 5 and up have to be vaccinated by next year, so to me this was a surprise. 

6 minutes ago, silversneakers said:

It's just a matter of time when all children will be mandated to have the vaccine for cruising, which I believe is the right thing to do. However, how about the airline industry for those flying???? Same protocol needed?? I hope so.  

the airlines don’t require anything. if i was able to get my one year old vaccinated i definitely would. 

We just entered the exemption request for my grandson who will be 6 months old at the time of sailing. My daughter received both doses while pregnant but so far there is no possible documentation available to show that he did receive some antibodies in utero.  Hopefully he will receive a coveted exemption anyway. His 5 year-old sister got her first dose this week.

• Like 3

This is a copy from a post I made in a similar thread on the protocols extended through March...

Not surprised as I fully expected my cruise in March to be under the covid protocols. It is basically a lock that these protocols will be around all of 2022 and likely beyond that. It might be hard to hear for folks that keep pushing cruising out father into the future in hopes of avoiding these regulations, but you will have to either accept these rules or you aren't going to be cruising for a long time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I know some older cruisers were hoping kids 5 and up have to be vaccinated by next year, so to me this was a surprise. 

It's NOT mandated for children under 12 to be vaccinated.  Recommended for children with diseases and illnesses that threaten immunity systems but not mandated or required for all children.  Too many issues going on for children.  First, experience since start of COVID has shown that children are not as susceptible to catching the virus and aren't super spreaders.  Second, vaccine doses are supposed to be 1/2 of adult doses, but appears that some health departments in some states may be giving fully adult doses to younger children.  No one knows how young growing bodies will respond to that.

• Like 1

Just now, crewsweeper said:

It's NOT mandated for children under 12 to be vaccinated.  Recommended for children with diseases and illnesses that threaten immunity systems but not mandated or required for all children.  Too many issues going on for children.  First, experience since start of COVID has shown that children are not as susceptible to catching the virus and aren't super spreaders.  Second, vaccine doses are supposed to be 1/2 of adult doses, but appears that some health departments in some states may be giving fully adult doses to younger children.  No one knows how young growing bodies will respond to that.

Lol your reply quoting me sounds like you think I said it was. I'm saying I just recently got off a cruise and a lot of the pssengers WANT it mandated so they feel safer. 

Why are you quoting me and going off topic. I didnt say anything for or against. I no longer have ccl booked and tbh dont care what carnival does. I merely said a lot of passengers were hoping it would be addressed before march.  Find another thread if you want to talk about pros and cons. I merely said it wasnt changed from before. 

Rcl did somewhat address it unlike carnival and says 5 and over if vaccinated can skip the bubble tours or some language like that. Some parents will like this. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Lol your reply quoting me sounds like you think I said it was. I'm saying I just recently got off a cruise and a lot of the pssengers WANT it mandated so they feel safer. 

Why are you quoting me and going off topic. I didnt say anything for or against. I no longer have ccl booked and tbh dont care what carnival does. I merely said a lot of passengers were hoping it would be addressed before march.  Find another thread if you want to talk about pros and cons. I merely said it wasnt changed from before. 

Rcl did somewhat address it unlike carnival and says 5 and over if vaccinated can skip the bubble tours or some language like that. Some parents will like this. 

Didn't realize I was quoting you to go off topic.  Apologies if offended.

1 minute ago, crewsweeper said:

Didn't realize I was quoting you to go off topic.  Apologies if offended.

Not offended. I of course am aware of the news about children. Im a news junkie. Just not relevant to the subject of carnival not addressing this age group to me. People are wanting to know how the cruiselines will handle this age group and carnival somewhat answered. Parents are wanting to get off the ship with their kids without bubble tours. More info to come I'm sure. 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

if you are vaccinated (any age) you can skip bubble tours, that is in Carnival's policies too now.

2 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

But they are susceptible. My almost 2 year old grand daughter has it now along with her mom.😢

55 minutes ago, RenoNanaOz said:

My PVP just text me earlier today and said ALL restrictions will be lifted on 4/1/2022.

I was told by someone that attended a Q&A session recently that all restrictions would be lifted on Jan. 15th when the CDC CSO expired. I think they like having the extra protections in place and as long as people are going ahead and cruising, then why lift it?  They keep dangling the carrot out there.  I'm not buying it anymore.  I am no longer booking with the idea that restrictions are going to be removed soon.  We have another cruise booked in mid-January.  After that, we will take a break for awhile.  Just our preference for now.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1