protocols through march

tiffy0428

1 hour ago, RenoNanaOz said:

My PVP just text me earlier today and said ALL restrictions will be lifted on 4/1/2022.

17 minutes ago, ultrafighter said:

I trust nothing and no one on 4/1 of any year....

Lol, took me a minute.  Good one!  😊

19 minutes ago, stellarose said:

so as of now- please correct me if I am wrong- please-  even with the new updated vaccines available for those under 12, they must still have exemptions to sail?   

thanks.  

If not fully vaccinated. Another incentive to vaccinate your kids.

• Like 1

Just now, BlerkOne said:

If not fully vaccinated. Another incentive to vaccinate your kids.

by the time we sail 3 out of the four of us will have had our booster. our daughter got hers when 17 year olds got the green light in the spring. 

Just w0ndering how many young kids will be on the ships. 

1 hour ago, RoperDK said:

I was told by someone that attended a Q&A session recently that all restrictions would be lifted on Jan. 15th when the CDC CSO expired. I think they like having the extra protections in place and as long as people are going ahead and cruising, then why lift it?  They keep dangling the carrot out there.  I'm not buying it anymore.  I am no longer booking with the idea that restrictions are going to be removed soon.  We have another cruise booked in mid-January.  After that, we will take a break for awhile.  Just our preference for now.  

The pandemic still sets the schedule.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tiffy0428 said:

i see that they’re keeping the protocols through march. i just put my exemption in for my one year old. i was hoping they let up on babies but i guess not 

We just cruised with our two year old. Even though its not mandatory for 5-12 to get vaccinated, im sure plenty are still going to get it by the start of the year so i dont think youre going to have an issue getting an exemption for your 1 year old. We just put ours in for our Feb cruise. At least you dont have to get your kid tested, thats a bonus

9 minutes ago, Colorado Beach Bum said:

Vaccinated does not equal 100% safe from infection.  Family is 100% vaccinated and we all are currently under quarantine from positive tests.  

Of course not. I think testing at embarkation is a better choice than testing 2-3 days before the cruise. You know NCL and others have contingency plans including masks and quarantine should there be an outbreak.

They do this because the pandemic sets the schedule.

30 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Of course not. I think testing at embarkation is a better choice than testing 2-3 days before the cruise. You know NCL and others have contingency plans including masks and quarantine should there be an outbreak.

They do this because the pandemic sets the schedule.

It’s 2 days, but that doesn’t even matter. One in our family was negative one day when we were all positive and could have passed for sailing but the next day was positive.  Personal responsibility sets the schedule.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Colorado Beach Bum said:

It’s 2 days, but that doesn’t even matter. One in our family was negative one day when we were all positive and could have passed for sailing but the next day was positive.  Personal responsibility sets the schedule.  

Personal responsibility failed miserably and continues to fail. It only takes a few to screw it up for all.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Colorado Beach Bum said:

So anyone who gets a virus, it is their fault for not being "responsible"? 

22 hours ago, tiffy0428 said:

yeah i noticed that they’re not requiring it. i wonder if that will lesson people chances of getting an exemption for kids 5-11 since the option is there to be vaccinated.

The option is not there for everyone.  In the US, yes.  
I am in Canada and it is not yet an option.  We have a cruise booked for March.  I am hoping I will be able to get my child vaccinated in time, but I dont know how that is going to work yet. 

In John Heald's video yesterday, although he sprinkled a liberal dose of disclaimers about it not being required for kids to be vaccinated, he made it pretty clear that if parents are hoping to bring them along on a cruise between December and the end of March (at least) then they need to be vaccinated. He said that (paraphrasing) there would be far fewer exemptions, and that Carnival would now be able to sail almost 100% vaccinated (finally!) My guess is that going forward, the very few exemptions are only going to be given to those under 5 who still can't be vaccinated and those who are granted medical exemptions.

• Like 2

It's likely they're not requiring vaccines for 5-11 because those vaccines are currently being offered under an emergency use authorization, they are not fully approved.  Once fully approved, I'm betting they'll be mandatory and exemptions will only be granted for under 5's.