Where to get Discounted Carnival Gift Cards..??

Funseekers

Sorry everyone.  I got an email telling me the daily deals for this week.  It showed a $100 Celebrity gift card.  So I posted a question asking which card it will be.  An AARP representative posted back that it was changed from a Carnival to a Celebrity gift.  So there will be no Carnival gift available on Friday.

On 11/22/2021 at 1:52 PM, luv2trvlnow said:

I hope this link works.  It is on the Community Forums, under the AARP Rewards  Redemption.

https://community.aarp.org/t5/Redemption/Daily-Deals-for-the-Week-of-11-22-11-26-2021/m-p/2433669#M4064

Edit:  On Friday morning you should find the item listed on the Redeem page.  But it won't go live until 12 noon EST.

It appears they’ve changed the Carnival gift card to Celebrity :(

• Like 1

10 hours ago, luv2trvlnow said:

Sorry everyone.  I got an email telling me the daily deals for this week.  It showed a $100 Celebrity gift card.  So I posted a question asking which card it will be.  An AARP representative posted back that it was changed from a Carnival to a Celebrity gift.  So there will be no Carnival gift available on Friday.

5 hours ago, 3Blessings said:

It appears they’ve changed the Carnival gift card to Celebrity 😞

Need information on this.  Is it a single purchase of a 100.00 Celebrity card for a 30% discount or you can purchase as many as you would like?  I see that there is a Black Friday special of a 2 year membership for 20.00, which is worthwhile even if the Celebrity card is held to a single purchase.  Thanks

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

Need information on this.  Is it a single purchase of a 100.00 Celebrity card for a 30% discount or you can purchase as many as you would like?  I see that there is a Black Friday special of a 2 year membership for 20.00, which is worthwhile even if the Celebrity card is held to a single purchase.  Thanks

It is single purchase on the Daily Deals. I think you can participate in AARP Rewards without joining AARP.  You just don't get as many points (you get a 50% bonus when you are a member) and there are certain items that are for Members only. those will be marked with a members only banner. 

I wouldn't pay the money to join because these cards might go very fast and you might not get one.  Monday they had a $20 Lowes gift card for $14 and it was gone in a few seconds. I am not sure how it works to be part of AARP Rewards without being a member.  I would just try registering without a membership.

4 minutes ago, luv2trvlnow said:

It is single purchase on the Daily Deals. I think you can participate in AARP Rewards without joining AARP.  You just don't get as many points (you get a 50% bonus when you are a member) and there are certain items that are for Members only. those will be marked with a members only banner. 

I wouldn't pay the money to join because these cards might go very fast and you might not get one.  Monday they had a $20 Lowes gift card for $14 and it was gone in a few seconds. I am not sure how it works to be part of AARP Rewards without being a member.  I would just try registering without a membership.

Thanks.  It's the same daily deals gone in a minute nonsense that Allstate has.  Figured as much.

Also I just checked the email and the Celebrity Daily Deal is a Members Only deal. I don't know if that is a good thing or not.  It will mean that non members won't be able to buy, so fewer people trying.  But these cards are usually limited to about 150 in total.  

9 hours ago, luv2trvlnow said:

Also I just checked the email and the Celebrity Daily Deal is a Members Only deal. I don't know if that is a good thing or not.  It will mean that non members won't be able to buy, so fewer people trying.  But these cards are usually limited to about 150 in total.  

Not worth the 12 bucks for a 1 year or 20 for a two year membership if it's similar to the daily deals on Allstate that sell out in seconds.

2 hours ago, PhotoMike said:

I bought two $500 gift cards last month from AARP, and now I wish I'd bought three. I still owe $499.44 to pay off my Radiance cruise, due the 1st week of January. Wonder if they will put more up for sale before then?

Join the Allstate thread, they have both ecards and hard cards available.

I wish we could sell our $1300 Egift card that Carnival sent instead of a regular gift card when we canceled due to my stage 4 colon cancer. I guess my daughter somehow hangs onto a copy of the email for a few years until one of the grand kids gets married or something. She doesn't want to cruise without me.

13 hours ago, nathananalex said:

I wish we could sell our $1300 Egift card that Carnival sent instead of a regular gift card when we canceled due to my stage 4 colon cancer. I guess my daughter somehow hangs onto a copy of the email for a few years until one of the grand kids gets married or something. She doesn't want to cruise without me.

I would print off the ecard in case the email gets accidentally erased. And offer it to any friends or family for the 1170 you paid for it.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have a diamond preferred Citi credit card.  They have something called Citi easy deals.  They have carnival gift card now for 10% off.  So I was able to purchase $100 fit card for $90.  They also have for 1000 and for 500.  All of them are 10% off now.  

I had never purchased a Carnival gift card so decided to first get the 100 bucks to make sure its easy to use and to make sure I actually get it in the mail.  The shipping was free.  I made this purchase just 10 minutes ago, so this offer is current. 

5 hours ago, cruiseelady said:

I have a diamond preferred Citi credit card.  They have something called Citi easy deals.  They have carnival gift card now for 10% off.  So I was able to purchase $100 fit card for $90.  They also have for 1000 and for 500.  All of them are 10% off now.  

I had never purchased a Carnival gift card so decided to first get the 100 bucks to make sure its easy to use and to make sure I actually get it in the mail.  The shipping was free.  I made this purchase just 10 minutes ago, so this offer is current. 

Just remember if you pay for your cruise or anything else you may cancel with a gift card, you only receive a gift card as a refund, not cash.

My Bank of America customized cash rewards Visa is currently running a deal for $35 off a $100 dollar or more purchase on Carnival right now. Log into BofA and go to BankAmerideals section of your credit card. Don't know if everyone gets this offer but my daughter also had it on hers. Not normally a fan of cruise cash but in this case it was well worth spending 65 to get 100 OBC. 

On 11/12/2021 at 2:23 PM, Schoifmom said:

I never have a problem using Allstate Rewards.  You don't have to be an Allstate customer to join, just go to their website and create a log in.  It's really pretty simple.  They have both ecards and physical cards available right now.

I just went to order some last night from Allstate and they didn't have an ecard option.  It said 7-10 day delivery only.

11 minutes ago, KJGOUGE said:

I just went to order some last night from Allstate and they didn't have an ecard option.  It said 7-10 day delivery only.

They have been out of the ecards for a while so keep looking. I much prefer ecards myself because the post office is hit or miss where I live. My informed delivery has shown me many pictures of mail that never arrives at all. 

I don't understand how you can be out of ecards.  It's not a physical card, just a number.  I love informed delivery from the post office.  My mailbox is a little ways from my house so if it looks like the mail is all junk, I just leave it till the next day.

I ordered a few Carnival gift cards through the Allstate rewards program on December 28.  I was surprised when it wasn't an ecard like I got in November.  Even with a 7-10 day delivery, I never received the cards  3 weeks later.  After a few emails and vague comments from Allstate about "experiencing delays shipping orders", they finally cancelled my order and refunded my card.  

My question is, has anyone received Carnival gift cards through the Allstate program in the last month?

17 hours ago, KJGOUGE said:

Well, my post was back in November and this is February.  They were available when I posted.  It doesn't mean that they always are.

On 2/8/2022 at 9:54 AM, deesully said:

I ordered a few Carnival gift cards through the Allstate rewards program on December 28.  I was surprised when it wasn't an ecard like I got in November.  Even with a 7-10 day delivery, I never received the cards  3 weeks later.  After a few emails and vague comments from Allstate about "experiencing delays shipping orders", they finally cancelled my order and refunded my card.  

My question is, has anyone received Carnival gift cards through the Allstate program in the last month?

Yes, I purchased a $1000 physical card from Allstate on 2/2 and received it via UPS yesterday.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2022 at 3:32 PM, silversneakers said:

Just remember if you pay for your cruise or anything else you may cancel with a gift card, you only receive a gift card as a refund, not cash.

2 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Anything 500 and up always comes via UPS and takes about a week or so.

Oh boy did reading this remind me of my gift card nightmare.   In 2019.my  husband and I paid for our entire Norway cruise for 2020 with the discounted AARP gift cards plus some excursions which I cancelled and rebooked several times.  When that cruise was cancelled we rebooked  for 2021 and then that cruise was also cancelled. We asked for our money back on that one instead of rebooking immediately.  It took forever to get our gift cards,  Now we are booked again for 2022 using  the gift cards they refunded us with.   I am worried that if we get sick and have to document to our travel insurer when we initially bought the cards and then the subsequent paths they took it will be a documentation nightmare to follow and understand.   Each time they send you a refund gift card the card number is different  and also the amount if you used a card for multiple purchases or combined cards for a purchase.  I recall booking shore excursions, canceling  and booking another one .Hope this makes sense.  I will NEVER use gift cards again to pay for a cruise.   Too big a headache. .  Would only use for onboard purchases.

Edited by HLGW60

• 1 year later...