Canadians: RCI onboard testing prior to disembarking

Tracy Po

Just received the following response to the email I sent to a contact in the Executive Office of Royal Saturday evening.

"We are providing testing for our international guests free of charge. Please contact Guest Services once onboard to schedule your disembarkation test during the week. The results will be made available prior to disembarking for your return home. "

• Like 1

19 hours ago, xcell said:

My friend is on the allure and asked guest services and they said no test.  I called Costco, they said yes...I'd feel better if they had it on their website.

I think your friend needed to ask in a different way... because I'm currently on Allure and they most certainly ARE doing them. 

No test is required for US citizens returning (unless unvaxed children), but for non-citizens or consecutive cruisers, they ARE doing them and they ARE complementary. 

3 hours ago, brillohead said:

I think your friend needed to ask in a different way... because I'm currently on Allure and they most certainly ARE doing them. 

No test is required for US citizens returning (unless unvaxed children), but for non-citizens or consecutive cruisers, they ARE doing them and they ARE complementary. 

Yeah, I made him go back and ask today -- this time, saying it was for Canadians -- they said yes.  

I think he's on the Allure too -- told me, Johnny Rocket's milkshakes not included in the diamond drink voucher (for my kids). 

5 hours ago, xcell said:

Yeah, I made him go back and ask today -- this time, saying it was for Canadians -- they said yes.  

I think he's on the Allure too -- told me, Johnny Rocket's milkshakes not included in the diamond drink voucher (for my kids). 

Well, given his accuracy with the other question, do you really want to believe him again?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, brillohead said:

Well, given his accuracy with the other question, do you really want to believe him again?

Like everything else, I think the voucher and milkshake is YMMV. Milkshakes are less than $13, so in theory they should be included unless specifically excluded.  Since your on the Allure, could you check?

He also mentioned drinks at Cafe Park are included.

We’re on the oasis right now. It’s day 3 of our cruise and I booked our PCR tests this morning for our last day (Saturday). Supposedly there was a notice that was supposed to come to our room. Guest services had a very short line do I went there. They had me scan a QR code and fill out online forms. The latest possible slot was at 8:30 am. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How is the new rule that you must test and quarantine until your results come back going to affect your cruising plans? The new rule appears to affect cruisers since we would be visiting coun tries other than the the US or Canada within 14 days. Do you think Ottawa will through any more last minute rule changes at you. I’m almost sure I’m no longer going to come home to Canada for Christmas now. I’m on Liberty now and since I’m visiting Mexico, from my reading of the new rules, I must test and quarantine until results come in. 

Hi currently on Symphony of The Seas.  

There was no notice anywhere to indicate that they they do the testing so you must book it yourself.   We went to Guest Services and booked the test.  They gave us the appointment.  Had the tests done at 5pm in the conference room.  Very well organized.  In and out in less than 10 minutes.   Got our results by email about an hour later.   

We will be tested again in Canada as we were in other countries in the past 14 days.