Trivia Games

6 minutes ago, alexgtp said:

Sure do, if your an out going type of person you can even join others groups! Wife and I recently sailed freedom and we had a kind older woman join us 2 times for Trivia. 

Thank you for answering my question.
My social skills are not so good lol.

Edited by Maitaivegas

26 minutes ago, Maitaivegas said:

Do solo travelers go and play trivia alone?

Just asking for a friend. 🤗

Absolutely!  It's one of the best ways to meet other's on a cruise.  Having the max number of players on a team (normally six), usually helps, so most teams are happy to accept others to join them to reach the max.  

When I was a solo traveler, I had no problem joining other's, and made some great friends that way...

• Like 3

Just now, bob brown said:

Absolutely!  It's one of the best ways to meet other's on a cruise.  Having the max number of players on a team (normally six), usually helps, so most teams are happy to accept others to join them to reach the max.  

When I was a solo traveler, I had no problem joining other's, and made some great friends that way...

Thank you so much 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Maitaivegas said:

Thank you for answering my question.
My social skills are not so good lol.

I think all of our social skills have become a little rusty in the last 18 months. :classic_tongue: We don't enter with a team, and are always trying to round up others to play. You shouldn't have any problem. It is a great way to meet and make friends onboard. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Another thing to do, would be to join the CC Roll Call for your cruise, and inquire there if there are any solo traveler's that would be interested in teaming up for trivia...that way you might have a team or part of one, before you even board...😉

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Coralc said:

I think all of our social skills have become a little rusty in the last 18 months. :classic_tongue: We don't enter with a team, and are always trying to round up others to play. You shouldn't have any problem. It is a great way to meet and make friends onboard. :classic_biggrin:

Thank You so much. I love trivia, full of useless knowledge 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bob brown said:

Another thing to do, would be to join the CC Roll Call for your cruise, and inquire there if there are any solo traveler's that would be interested in teaming up for trivia...that way you might have a team or part of one, before you even board...😉

Will do that, didn’t even think about that.

If you want to, you should be able to play as a team of one. Without a big team to share their knowledge, you may not win, but finding out how much you know (or in my case, how little 🙂) can be fun too. Cruising and learning at the same time...yay!

...and if they are about to run out of highlighters, pens or keychains (an unlikely situation) the staff may really appreciate you. 😆

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Don't join an existing group! Be MJ, not LeBron. 

Walk in there, sit down, and take on the groups of 6 all by your lonesome. This is what I do when the wife is doing something else. If you cannot prevail, it is of no concern. No one expects a lone wolf to defeat an entire pack. But when you do win? Oh, there are few better feelings in this world. When you triumphantly hoist that 19 cent piece of plastic gloriously embodying your victory, there's a brief feeling of exhilaration, sure. But the true satisfaction comes when you make eye contact with whomever is the alpha in the group of 6 and see that bewilderment in his or her eyes. That look that you'll know is this individual trying to process how one person could single-handedly best their entire group. It's confusion for sure, but mixed in there is just a soupcon of subservience. They'll know that the REAL alpha has arrived to take their food stock, commandeer their women and children.  It looks almost like a child's love.... 

Also, bonus points if you're wearing a Slayer t-shirt and two-fisting a Foster's oil can and a shot of tequila. Trust me on this, it really amps up the befuddlement factor. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

30 minutes ago, Evilgrin72 said:

Walk in there, sit down, and take on the groups of 6 all by your lonesome. This is what I do when the wife is doing something else. If you cannot prevail, it is of no concern. No one expects a lone wolf to defeat an entire pack. But when you do win? Oh, there are few better feelings in this world. When you triumphantly hoist that 19 cent piece of plastic gloriously embodying your victory, there's a brief feeling of exhilaration, sure. But the true satisfaction comes when you make eye contact with whomever is the alpha in the group of 6 and see that bewilderment in his or her eyes. That look that you'll know is this individual trying to process how one person could single-handedly best their entire group. It's confusion for sure, but mixed in there is just a soupcon of subservience. They'll know that the REAL alpha has arrived to take their food stock, commandeer their women and children.  It looks almost like a child's love.... 

Also, bonus points if you're wearing a Slayer t-shirt and two-fisting a Foster's oil can and a shot of tequila. Trust me on this, it really amps up the befuddlement factor. 

Lol But I can borrow a BTS T-shirt, that would turn heads 

i am going to play by myself because I am a true Lonewolf. Thanks

1 hour ago, mirgloin said:

If you want to, you should be able to play as a team of one. Without a big team to share their knowledge, you may not win, but finding out how much you know (or in my case, how little 🙂) can be fun too. Cruising and learning at the same time...yay!

...and if they are about to run out of highlighters, pens or keychains (an unlikely situation) the staff may really appreciate you. 😆

I’m gonna take your advice I am going play by myself, Then I am going to tackle that huge tower of onion rings at players by myself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Maitaivegas said:

I’m gonna take your advice I am going play by myself, Then I am going to tackle that huge tower of onion rings at players by myself.

I usually start out by myself, then find a pair or small team of other sarcastic individuals and join up with them.  Especially rewarding when the host doesn't know what the questions mean (which is not uncommon).

Revel in terrible answers when you have no idea.  Take over the room.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Evilgrin72 said:

You must be a writer, your word choices is awesome. I was actually able to picture you as a lone wolf 🐺 in your Slayer shirt.

13 hours ago, Evilgrin72 said:

But the true satisfaction comes when you make eye contact with whomever is the alpha in the group of 6 and see that bewilderment in his or her eyes. That look that you'll know is this individual trying to process how one person could single-handedly best their entire group. It's confusion for sure, but mixed in there is just a soupcon of subservience. They'll know that the REAL alpha has arrived to take their food stock, commandeer their women and children.  It looks almost like a child's love.... 

I have two of those occasions that have stayed with me.  The first one I won a "Flags of the World" game beating a team with a boastful geography teacher.  Margin of victory was that I had seen a St. Lucia hat in a gift shop in port that day, I had no idea where St. Lucia even was back then.

The other was a tv theme songs one, most teams scored high but I was the only one who got the "ALF" them correct. 

When you win, the eye contact is the key.

You're more likely to win if you join a team, but yeah, the solo wins are much more entertaining.

But NEVER take on the older ladies in a Motown trivia contest.  They will clean your clock every time!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, bob brown said:

The one downside to having a larger team, is that sometimes it takes too long to come up with a "consensus" answer.  In those cases, a single player or smaller team may have an advantage...

Yeah, but sometimes when you join a weaker team that goes against your answers, you get to glare at them when it turns out you were right.

When I join up with people it's usually a younger couple who didn't do well on their own, and they have fun doing a lot better and you can explain how to correctly guess answers out of thin air.  It's not like you're competing for something valuable.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Evilgrin72 said:

My go-to is my Pinky and the Brain shirt.  Popularly priced at Target.

I got an Ellio's pizza t-shirt for Christmas last year, it'll be a must when I take another cruise.

Edited by billslowsky

My wife always plays the music trivia games, and usually wins.

It's fun to watch how different people join her throughout the week to be on her "team." She usually gives her winnings away, as we don't have any more need for highlighters and zipper pulls.

Steve

• Like 1