Cozumel Beach Club/Resort for Beer Drinkers?

Gatordad815

Hi all! In the past we have been to Paradise Beach multiple times (non all-inclusive) and very much enjoyed it (nice area, decent food, cold beer, great service). I’m researching for a future trip and thinking of trying a different spot just to experience something new.

I see many of the all-inclusives serve draft beer as part of their package, and I definitely want to avoid places that have only 1 or 2 cheap draft beer selections. Can anyone recommend places that have a little more selection in bottles or cans? It can be all-inclusive or pay as you go, but I just want to avoid draft beer.

Other priorities would be cleanliness, a decent beach, and tasty food. I’m thinking maybe Nachi Cocom would be a nice option for a change of scenery? Any other options I should be considering?

Thank you for any input!

Well it's not a beach resort nor AI but The International Cerveceria down town near the  Punta Langosta pier has many varieties of beer including Mexican craft.  And reasonably priced food, including the Mexican version of wings--alitas.  I'm sure, however, based on the OP's comments, he's looking for places that serve up cheap Coronas.

Most Cozumel resorts carry beer from either Grupo Modelo (50% owned by Anheuser Busch)--Corona/Modelo/Victoria/etc. or FEMSA-Carta Blanca/Tecate/Sol Superior/Bohemia.  Typically bars only serve from one not both companies.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

DO NOT go to Sanchos for beer. They have two selections (Sol and Dos Equis) and serve it from big 22-ounce bottles by pouring it into plastic cups. It was awful.

Nachi Cocom is much better. They serve all their beer in individual bottles or cans and have a decent selection (8 or 9 choices) of Mexican beers.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/14/2021 at 2:25 PM, MisterOJ2 said:

DO NOT go to Sanchos for beer. They have two selections (Sol and Dos Equis) and serve it from big 22-ounce bottles by pouring it into plastic cups. It was awful.

Nachi Cocom is much better. They serve all their beer in individual bottles or cans and have a decent selection (8 or 9 choices) of Mexican beers.

This was very helpful.  We will be in Cozumel Saturday and normally go to Nachi. Was thinking of trying Mr Sanchos.  I'm a beer drinker and that would have been very disappointing beer options at Sanchos!  Thanks for this meaningful information.  

17 minutes ago, jkloni said:

This was very helpful.  We will be in Cozumel Saturday and normally go to Nachi. Was thinking of trying Mr Sanchos.  I'm a beer drinker and that would have been very disappointing beer options at Sanchos!  Thanks for this meaningful information.  

This isn't strictly true. According to their website Sanchos has several different types of beer but only two are available if you go AI.

They have always had different  food and drink menus depending on whether you choose PAYG or AI. However our experience with two recent land visits to Cozumel has been that some supplies are limited so they may not all be presently available on any given day.

• 5 weeks later...