B2B Insurance question

JMorris271

Our family is taking a B2B cruise ,which we have never done before, in May.  To get our itinerary, I needed to book our cruise as 2 cruises instead of one.   I purchased trip insurance for the cruise but am not sure that it will cover the entire cruising time which will be 14 days  B2B. 

Do I need to purchase another set of policies  for that second leg even though we are in the same cabin the whole trip?

Edited by JMorris271
complete question

If you purchased it through the cruise line and you have separate invoices for each leg, you need to purchase it for each cruise.  If you purchased it from an independent travel insurance company just make sure the dates cover both cruises as well as the amounts.  It usually is one policy.  If not, they will rewrite it for the total trip.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JMorris271 said:

Our family is taking a B2B cruise ,which we have never done before, in May.   I purchases trip insurance for the cruise but am not sure that it will cover the entire cruising time.  B2B for 2 weeks. Do I need to purchase another set of policies  for that second leg even though we are in the same cabin the whole trip?

First, you are likely better off asking this over in the https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/499-cruisetravel-insurance/ forum.

Mrs Bear and I have booked multi segment cruises [e.g. NYC - Southampton - Hamburg - Southampton - NYC] with a single insurance payment for the entire sailing. 

Once the cruise starts, you are no longer covered for cancelations that you initiate, say if you decide to skip the second week and disembark on the turn around day.

2 minutes ago, TheOldBear said:

First, you are likely better off asking this over in the https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/499-cruisetravel-insurance/ forum.

Mrs Bear and I have booked multi segment cruises [e.g. NYC - Southampton - Hamburg - Southampton - NYC] with a single insurance payment for the entire sailing. 

Once the cruise starts, you are no longer covered for cancelations that you initiate, say if you decide to skip the second week and disembark on the turn around day.

Getting off is not going to happen I am pretty sure. Thank you and Mrs. Bear,

9 hours ago, JMorris271 said:

Our family is taking a B2B cruise ,which we have never done before, in May.  To get our itinerary, I needed to book our cruise as 2 cruises instead of one.   I purchased trip insurance for the cruise but am not sure that it will cover the entire cruising time which will be 14 days  B2B. 

Do I need to purchase another set of policies  for that second leg even though we are in the same cabin the whole trip?

@JMorris271

Howdy! emo22.gif

To help you out I have moved your thread to the Cruise/Travel Insurance forum where it will be on topic.

I hope this will be satisfactory and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat  emo32.gif

• Thanks 2