Please respect the quiet enjoyment of others

Florida_gal_50

3 hours ago, dockman said:

Peace and quiet seems to be a vanishing commodity worldwide.  Even a nice hike along the blue ridge parkway is disrupted by motorcycle after motorcycle with no or very loud mufflers driven by adults with zero regard for the impact on people (and animals) who actually like to hike nature and listen to the wind in the trees, the babbling streams, the birds and yes sometimes the total silence.

The Blue Ridge Parkway is a paved road.  It is for vehicles.  I have ridden my motorcycle from Cherokee to Front Royal and back....although it was a BMW, and they are VERY quiet.  So my choice for hiking was The Appalachian Trail rather than The Parkway itself.   They sort of run parallel, sometimes intersecting. JMO.

Edited by AV8rix
  • Like 1

As you no doubt are aware there are many bike riders who seem to celebrate how much noise they can make.  I wish everyone would realize that you can ride respectfully and quietly but of course many of them are "special" and ruin the peace and quiet for all.  I have hiked the blue ridge from VA border to MP 469 in cherokee..yes all 252.2 miles of it... as well as lots of camping and hikes off the blue ridge so I have seen and heard the worst of the worst loud bikes.  It seems to be getting worse every year.

On 11/17/2021 at 5:51 PM, Florida_gal_50 said:

It would be so lovely if others would respect the quiet enjoyment of others.  I have someone that talks for hours on the speaker phone in the cabana.  I had enough so I left to sit on my balcony.  The person next door has music just cranked.  It’s so loud the dock worker in staring up at him.  What’s worse is he is playing country music and Adele.  Her singing is like nails on a chalkboard. Please be respectful of the sound level of those around you.  This isn’t your personal yacht.  Thank you.

Oh dear that is so tedious. I am sorry to hear that. We have a really nice group over on our side. It might be worth asking if you can switch I think 21 & 22 are being used for storage right now. I have had no issue with noise, just normal people talking at a normal volume for a reasonable amount of time. 

I fully support the idea of joining loudly in others phone conversations if they are being held at a volume for the entire universe to hear. 

Wow, I guess those seeking solitude 

are being forced to lines like Viking, Crystal, Regent and Oceana (where these actions wouldn't be allowed). If HAL chooses to allow these types of actions by fellow pax is up to them. I'm guessing that $$ will oversee guests comfort in the future. Call me a pessimist, but we'll see.

Edited by DFWGUYZ
  • Like 1

You all have hit one of my pet peeves. We love to eat breakfast out on the back deck near the SeaView pool. Why do we need loud music at 7 am? It certainly isn't background music. We just got off the Eurodam this past week and I spoke with one officer and was told they need to take everyone's wishes into consideration. I told him there were usually 3 or 4 people out there for early breakfast and most all were there to enjoy the scenery and peacefulness. The volume did go down for a couple of days.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, zgscl said:

Oh dear that is so tedious. I am sorry to hear that. We have a really nice group over on our side. It might be worth asking if you can switch I think 21 & 22 are being used for storage right now. I have had no issue with noise, just normal people talking at a normal volume for a reasonable amount of time. 

I fully support the idea of joining loudly in others phone conversations if they are being held at a volume for the entire universe to hear. 

Thankfully they were either not there or quiet yesterday.  Same with my music playing balcony neighbour.  Heaven.

10 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

You all have hit one of my pet peeves. We love to eat breakfast out on the back deck near the SeaView pool. Why do we need loud music at 7 am? It certainly isn't background music. We just got off the Eurodam this past week and I spoke with one officer and was told they need to take everyone's wishes into consideration. I told him there were usually 3 or 4 people out there for early breakfast and most all were there to enjoy the scenery and peacefulness. The volume did go down for a couple of days.

What a garbage line.  I don’t know how they say these things with a straight face.  Good thing they aren’t Pinocchio.

4 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

What a garbage line.  I don’t know how they say these things with a straight face.  Good thing they aren’t Pinocchio.

I used to get the same sort of BS answer when I would ask the ship theater manager why the volume on production shows was so loud.  The usual responses were either the passengers wanted it that loud or that the sound levels were set by "corporate".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

" I spoke with one officer and was told they need to take everyone's wishes into consideration"

I wonder how many people have wished for louder music everywhere on the ship?

HAL survey data suggests people want obnoxiously loud music to be everywhere,  similar to the long list of people complaining about having lobster included on the menu

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 11/19/2021 at 2:44 PM, SargassoPirate said:

" I spoke with one officer and was told they need to take everyone's wishes into consideration"

I wonder how many people have wished for louder music everywhere on the ship?

Those who are afraid of their own thoughts?

• Haha 2