Status of an updated FCC?

colesc15

Good morning, 

I paid off an upcoming cruise with a FCC on October 22nd. They said allow up to 30 days for the reissued FCC with the remaining balance. A few months prior when I used an FCC I got the updated one with the remaining balance within a few days. November 22nd will be 30 days but I haven't gotten the updated one back yet. I have another cruise I need to pay off soon so I'm starting to get antsy. 

Have they been taking longer to issue the remaining FCC? If I call, am I able to give the original FCC and see if they can see the remaining balance? I just don't want to pay out of pocket soon when I technically have nearly enough to pay off the next balance. 

If this info helps, my former TA cancelled our cruise without our authorization on October 13th for which I had used FCC's from a March 2020 cancellation to deposit. In speaking with Royal yesterday I was told the FCC's still have not been issued and to "call back in another week or two - it can take up to 45 business days." 

Wish there was a way I could check their status online rather than having to call. 

In speaking with Royal on a few occasions now, at no point have they disclosed the balance... they have only told me that they haven't been re-issued and to keep calling back.

Hang in there and best of luck !

I spent several hours on the phone yesterday after waiting almost 3 months for my reissued FCC.  We had cancelled a suite for my husband, son and me and rebooked 2 adjoining cabins on the exact same ship.  The Fcc was in my sons name.  When the rep looked into the file, she saw my sons Fcc was split into 3 and reissued 1/3 to each of us.  This was an issue as the rebooked cruise was already paid off with other fccs for my husband and me, so the broken up partial fccs couldn’t be applied as issued.  Outstanding balance was just my son’s fare.  Royal acknowledged their system reissued incorrectly, but wouldn’t apply our fccs to my sons outstanding balance without formal approval from us.  I gave my approval, but my husband was at work.  It was a bigger cluster f*^% than it needed to be.  Had to get resolutions and supervisors involved.

I am not sure this is on topic but I had used FCC for a Oct 24 Oasis cruise.  We were not able to take this cruise due to a positive test,  The FCC I used was a 125 per cent value due to a Royal cancellation.  I have received my refund and I lost the 25 per cent extra as RCCL applied that to the cruise fare and it will not be refunded.  They refunded 100 per cent of the original fare the FCC was based on.  My TA said this is standard practice.  Has anyone been in a similar situation?

On 11/18/2021 at 3:42 PM, Trailcon said:

I am not sure this is on topic but I had used FCC for a Oct 24 Oasis cruise.  We were not able to take this cruise due to a positive test,  The FCC I used was a 125 per cent value due to a Royal cancellation.  I have received my refund and I lost the 25 per cent extra as RCCL applied that to the cruise fare and it will not be refunded.  They refunded 100 per cent of the original fare the FCC was based on.  My TA said this is standard practice.  Has anyone been in a similar situation?

Exactly the same situation for me along with the positive Covid test.  We were supposed to be on the October 10th Oasis cruise.  However we have not received the refund as of yet.  We called this week and they said it was still being processed.  Then they asked for a copy of my positive test which my wife sent in while I was getting the Monoclonal Antibodies Infusion at the hospital.  Seems that the Royal Agent that requested it had it sitting in his mailbox so it was never processed.  Noticed that when a 125% FCC is used to pay for a cruise, that cruise is repriced lower at 100%.  Guess that's the amount refunded.   

I have been waiting for three FCC from cancelling under CWC in August and September.

I think they are still swamped and perhaps might be shorthanded.  At some point I will call Customer Services not the regular number and start bugging them.

Celebrity was faster than RCI too