Covid Testing at Terminal

Katieniesen

It's a glitch in the CVS system, you can ignore. 

CVS glitches also meant (at least as of last month) that some people's appointments just vanished off the paper (!) list that CVS employees are checking off to send you into the test center.  I had to go stand in the no-appointment line, despite showing them the appointment Q-code on my phone; while my boyfriend was on the list.  Our appointments were made at the same time, too, no reason for one to show & not the other.  Go figure.

Anyway, this happened to at least a few people on my sailing.  If it happens to you, the remedy is just to fill out your info on the tablet at the no-appointment table, and then it magically finds you.  An annoyance, but a fairly minor one.

• Thanks 1

I got a it strange message from my german TA. 

A Letter from NCL starting, i've to do (organize and pay) my covid test by myself now, but the strange thing, they state i've to do it "at least", in german: mindestens, 2 days upfront departure.... This means for me day 2 + x, but this would be sensless..... 

May I have the origin wording? 

55 minutes ago, MarkusToe said:

I got a it strange message from my german TA. 

A Letter from NCL starting, i've to do (organize and pay) my covid test by myself now, but the strange thing, they state i've to do it "at least", in german: mindestens, 2 days upfront departure.... This means for me day 2 + x, but this would be sensless..... 

May I have the origin wording? 

The original English language wording is also incorrect, which is why the translation to German is incorrect. The NCL US website has now been updated with the correct information:

https://www.ncl.com/sail-safe?intcmp=pdt_sl_SAILSAFEVAC

Cruises with embarkation dates beginning January 17, 2022:
At time of check-in, all guests will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 antigen or PCR test result administered by a verified third party within two days prior to boarding for cruises originating in a U.S. port and three days prior for voyages departing from a non-U.S. port. Guests are also responsible for complying with all local health and safety requirements which may include additional testing.

As the website says, the correct timing for the test is within two days prior to cruise boarding for a US cruise embarkation or three days prior to cruise boarding for cruises embarking elsewhere. Here's the table provided by NCL with their original US email.  The table is correct despite the original verbal description being wrong. If you look further down the board you'll see a long thread discussing this issue.

chart.PNG

Edited by njhorseman

6 minutes ago, BENNETT531 said:

So if we have an upcoming cruise, would it be advisable to download the app and set up a CVS account ahead of time?  We are sailing in Dec.

Yes. This way you airways have access to your test results. 

1 hour ago, BENNETT531 said:

So if we have an upcoming cruise, would it be advisable to download the app and set up a CVS account ahead of time?  We are sailing in Dec.

That would depend on which port you're sailing from, e.g. NCL has been using Eurofins for its Seattle and Los Angeles departures.

• Like 1

I would assume that people who schedule an NCL test would know what Company is

providing the test and download that Company's Application for their test results. When we scheduled our test with NCL we had to print out a Bar Code and received an email with the Testing date, Etc. 

Any information provided on this forum is always subject to specific locations, certain situations, etc. 

Stay Safe and Happy Cruising!

I'm a bit confused about testing in the US..... 

Here (DE) is testing free of Charge, government pays.... 

How about in the US, go to CVS or Walmart, do i have to setup an Account? Just walk in? 

Help please

We will cruise out of Mia beg. of Feb. 

32 minutes ago, MarkusToe said:

I'm a bit confused about testing in the US..... 

Here (DE) is testing free of Charge, government pays.... 

How about in the US, go to CVS or Walmart, do i have to setup an Account? Just walk in? 

Help please

We will cruise out of Mia beg. of Feb. 

In the US, boarding NCL in Miami, and you are going to have a test prior to boarding the ship:

Set up an appointment with CVS or Walgreens within 3 days of boarding. You don't need an Account with CVS to do set up an appointment.

https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing

If you don't want to get pretested before you get to the ship:

You should have set up a Covid test with NCL when you checked-in. 

Hope this helps. If you need more info:

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/cruise-faq/will-ncl-offer-testing-onboard-meet-travel-requirements-guests-flying-back-countries-require-neg

Stay Safe and Happy Cruising.

25 minutes ago, Oxo said:

In the US, boarding NCL in Miami, and you are going to have a test prior to boarding the ship:

Set up an appointment with CVS or Walgreens within 3 days of boarding. You don't need an Account with CVS to do set up an appointment.

https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing

If you don't want to get pretested before you get to the ship:

You should have set up a Covid test with NCL when you checked-in. 

Hope this helps. If you need more info:

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/cruise-faq/will-ncl-offer-testing-onboard-meet-travel-requirements-guests-flying-back-countries-require-neg

Stay Safe and Happy Cruising.

Now im a bit confused.  Are you saying if i get a test at CVS three days prior to the cruise, i dont have to take another test when i get to the terminal before boarding?

2 minutes ago, 20165 said:

Now im a bit confused.  Are you saying if i get a test at CVS three days prior to the cruise, i dont have to take another test when i get to the terminal before boarding?

AFTER January 17th, that is the new protocol.

If you are sailing before January 17, 2022 then you have to take the NCL provided test at the pier.  The test 3 days before is optional but NCL will only help with any quarantine costs if you test positive at the pier if you took the test 3 days prior.

To the cruiser from Germany, depending when you are flying in, if you take a test before boarding your flight within three days of your sail date then that should cover you in case of quarantine.  There should be a link in your e-docs to sign up for the testing at the pier.  This is available at 21 days before sailing in the health and safety section of the e-docs.  I'm assuming that EU passengers get the same e-docs as US passengers.  If not, hopefully someone from Europe will chime in.

Good luck and happy cruising!

FYI - People posting and asking questions on this subject must realize that things change daily. Do be careful when you ask and read. Not every answer is valid for your specific condition. 

Try to get the current info from NCL site, NCL Customer support or your TA.

• Like 1