What is Gold membership - "Complimentary one-hour thermal area session once per cruise" and how does it work?

jaoiefj

It is what it says.  You get one hour's worth of time in thermal spa.  They as that you call or visit to register the day/time you want, but in the past (pre-COVID), they weren't too strict if you didn't prearrange your time.  I suspect they are more critical.  Essentially, you give them your card at the time and they give you a locker key, towels, etc.  You turn the key back in to redeem your room key card when done.  It can be very relaxing indeed.  Have a nice cruise.

• Like 1

One hour gives you a taste of a cruise spa area.  You can try the various rooms - salt, snow, dry sauna, wet sauna, cold / hot / scented shower areas, and water therapy pool or hot tubs.  Plus heated stone loungers and a regular lounge area.

There won’t be a massage or treatments performed by spa personnel.

Specifics vary by ship within cruise companies.  

If you need details, just post.  

• Like 4

7 hours ago, jaoiefj said:

Just wondering what "Complimentary one-hour thermal area session once per cruise" is and how it works. I've never been to a spa before. Any details you can give me would be helpful! Thanks

Welcome to Cruise Critic!  Reading the responses of others, I think they are all providing good information for you.  I am a cruise guest who has enjoyed some aspects of a spa.  My most recent three cruises saw me experiencing my first two mini-facials/shaves and a massage.  These were an extra cost as was other aspects of my spa experience.  Why have I waited all these years to enjoy these amenities on my previous cruises?   

My GF has been on every MSC cruise that I have, and we both lost credit for a couple of sailings (due to MSC changing our 4 day cruise to 20).  But I'm gold (largely due to status match) and she's not.  Could I let her use my thermal hour credit?

Edited by Stockjock

12 hours ago, JAGR said:

They as that you call or visit to register the day/time you want, but in the past (pre-COVID), they weren't too strict if you didn't prearrange your time.  I suspect they are more critical

Actually they were already very critical about the reservation at my last two cruises before the pandemic. But maybe because I wanted to use a sea day. 

2 hours ago, Stockjock said:

Could I let her use my thermal hour credit?

Officially not, but I would ask. 

On the Meraviglia 10/30/21, I was a new Black member and just walked into the spa without a reservation.  No issue, they handed me a locker key and I had a free hour.  The thermal suite may vary by ship, but I loved it.  I bounced between hottubs with loungers, steam rooms, saunas, and various showers to try out several of the offerings.  I would consider buying it for the week......if I didn't have young kids and no way to ditch them for a few hours a day to make it worth it.  Just a note, at the one hour mark the spa attendant actually come looking for me telling me my time was up

• 5 months later...

On the Divina last week they did NOT send to the room the "invite" that they normally do that you "turn in" for spa use.  (Both wife & I are Diamond)  We found for a short cruise that we didn't care or bother, but this was due to the ship (Divina) and itinerary. On the Mera the facilities are much more extensive and quite enjoyable.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 5/14/2022 at 11:16 AM, ziggyuk said:

In my experience they are not strict on the 1hr either, we stay until we have had enough. 

Did you have to leave your room key at reception? I’m just wondering as if I overstay the hour I wouldn’t want them to charge me for the extra time if I had to go and re claim my card when I leave.

My partner and I are both Gold. We just booked and showed up at the alloted time probably stayed just over an hour. We didn't get charged. We didn't leave our room card either.

It's a nice perk and a good way to unwind on a sea day.

3 hours ago, smokey01 said:

Did you have to leave your room key at reception? I’m just wondering as if I overstay the hour I wouldn’t want them to charge me for the extra time if I had to go and re claim my card when I leave.

No, they just check the card as you enter, we didn't leave it with them.

• 9 months later...