Mexico Regulations

trbarton

Hahahahah... this made me laugh... and I'm sorry I shouldn't.  But I've been to Mexico 4 times since Covid.  None on a cruise.  They don't care where you go or what you do at all.   Go have fun on any tour you want.  Don't prepay... just jump off the ship and see what they're offering.

11 hours ago, trbarton said:

Someone on my roll call says they read that cruises to Mexico must be on a ships tour in order to leave the ship. Anyone that has cruised to Mexico what has been your experiences?

I was on the Bliss exactly one month ago and that was not the policy THEN. The trouble is, it could be a policy NOW, or possibly the FUTURE, although I doubt it, but it bears looking into for your specific cruise. I would go to Princess directly or your travel agent.

• 1 month later...

IF you are not fully vaccinated and you get an exemption to board/sail, you can only take a "bubble tour" for excursions off the ship (ie: you have to take a ship's excursion - there is no other way to disembark or take an independent excursion).  But again - this is only for unvaccinated guests.  

Anyone else who is fully vaccinated can come and go as they please.  And that is 95% of the people sailing.

The most recent cruise on Navigator of the Seas was not allowed to let passengers off in Puerto Vallarta because the crew covid percentage was too high, so it's always possible a ship will not be allowed to stop at all.

2 hours ago, Kjjd4 said:

IF you are not fully vaccinated and you get an exemption to board/sail, you can only take a "bubble tour" for excursions off the ship (ie: you have to take a ship's excursion - there is no other way to disembark or take an independent excursion).  But again - this is only for unvaccinated guests.  

Anyone else who is fully vaccinated can come and go as they please.  And that is 95% of the people sailing.

Curious what cruise line is allowing people not vaccinated to sail out of California to Mexico?

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

Curious what cruise line is allowing people not vaccinated to sail out of California to Mexico?

Carnival has vaccine exemptions in place for children under 12 and those adults granted religious or health-related exemptions .

Royal Caribbean allows unvaccinated children under the age of 12.

Edited by njhorseman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1