Expect a Revised ArriveCan App soon

hancogran

15 hours ago, Froufie said:

Only downloaded the app but have not even looked at it yet - cruising in January - so awaiting updated version!  Thanks for the heads up!

Same here! Downloaded but haven’t even opened. We’re also sailing in January and I expect at least one change in the app before then. Fingers crossed that those who’ve already set theirs up don’t lose any info with the new updates! 

• Like 1

I travelled back in September and had to use the app to get home. Hoping that the revised version is better than the original!

It is possible to enter "dummy" dates of travel to see what info is needed, but currently only possible to upload required docs and complete the details 72 hours in advance of travel.

44 minutes ago, dawnvip said:

I travelled back in September and had to use the app to get home. Hoping that the revised version is better than the original!

It is possible to enter "dummy" dates of travel to see what info is needed, but currently only possible to upload required docs and complete the details 72 hours in advance of travel.

If you enter a dummy return date within 72 hours, you can also enter all of the requested information, including uploading required docs. I've already done that with no difficulty.

On 11/26/2021 at 9:57 PM, Fouremco said:

If you enter a dummy return date within 72 hours, you can also enter all of the requested information, including uploading required docs. I've already done that with no difficulty.

Quite correct. I did just that a few days ago preparing to disembark from the Sky Princess at PE. I entered all the required info the day before the ship docked and received the ArriveCan receipt on my phone. I have to admit I was somewhat nervous about blatantly lying on an official government document when I said we had tested negative because at that point, we hadn't yet been tested, but I didn't want to worry about messing with the app as we raced to the airport.  As it turned out, of course, we did test negative.

At FLL, the Air Canada agent only asked if we had our ArriveCan receipt, but didn't want to see it. Arriving at YUL, the only mention of ArriveCan anywhere in the process was an airport employee greeting all pax at the entrance to the customs hall demanding to see the receipt on our phones. It was never scanned. After that, a NEXUS scan, a snarky CBSA agent asking the usual questions and we were on our way home.

• Thanks 1

We have traveled twice (Vegas in Sept via Westjet, Mexico in Nov via Air Canada),  both arriving through Pearson.  Had zero issues using ArriveCAN in either case, but on both trips no one ever asked to actually see the code.  In fact on our Vegas trip no documents (test results etc) were checked by anyone.  Our experiences are similar to many i have spoken with that have traveled as well.

Quick question does each 'traveller' need to have a receipt/complete the ArriveCan info - or just one per 'file locator' (e.g. husband and wife?).  Do we each have to complete our information individually on the ArriveCan app?

Using ArriveCAN for someone else

If you're travelling with others, you can include multiple travellers in your ArriveCAN submission.

Including multiple people in your submission

Families

As the primary traveller, you may provide travel information for yourself and for:

• your spouse or common law partner
  • your children (or children for whom you have legal guardianship), aged 18 years or younger
  • any other adult for whom you're a legal guardian

You can provide information for up to 8 travellers, including yourself, in a single submission.

Use this when:

• you'll all stay together at the same address for the entire quarantine or isolation period and
  • you have their permission to collect and share this information

Exempt essential travel

If your travel is related to any of the following travel purposes, you can save time by creating an exempt essential travel profile and enter your information once. Reuse your receipt for each entry into Canada.

• Cross-border work (e.g., you regularly cross the border to work)
  • Essential services (e.g., you live in an integrated trans-border community)
  • Medical and health care support (e.g., health care practitioner, you received or will receive medical care, or you transport medical equipment or supplies)
  • Trade and transport (e.g., truck driver or crew member on any aircraft, shipping vessel or train)

You will only need to resubmit your information in ArriveCAN if the border services officer determines you are not travelling for exempt essential travel, if you are travelling for non-essential reasons (e.g., discretionary travel) or if your information in ArriveCAN changes (for example, your travel history).

You can submit your information at any time before you travel and are no longer required to enter information about your port of entry or date and time of arrival. You cannot submit on behalf of others.

Travelling with mixed vaccination status or citizenship

Don't include other travellers who aren't travelling for the same purpose of travel or who are not fully vaccinated in a single submission unless they are:

• less than 18 years old or a dependent adult travelling with a fully vaccinated guardian

For example,

• if you are a foreign national entering Canada for discretionary purposes and travelling with another person who is a Canadian citizen, you should complete individual submissions
  • if you are travelling with a group of adult foreign nationals with mixed vaccination statuses, do not include unvaccinated travellers in your submission (unless they are dependent adults); you will not be issued an ArriveCAN receipt as unvaccinated foreign nationals are not eligible to enter Canada for discretionary travel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have been obsessing about this Arrivecan app. We are on Norwegian in January and they do the  test free of charge so not a problem. My concern is getting this info in the app and receiving the receipt from Arrivecan while I am on board with probably no internet access. Can anyone put my mind at ease so I will stop this crazy obsession!

25 minutes ago, bjay3 said:

I have been obsessing about this Arrivecan app. We are on Norwegian in January and they do the  test free of charge so not a problem. My concern is getting this info in the app and receiving the receipt from Arrivecan while I am on board with probably no internet access. Can anyone put my mind at ease so I will stop this crazy obsession!

No need to obsess, it's a PITA but no big deal once you've been through it, though as things now stand, it may change very soon. We went through this just a few days ago, cruising in and out of Port Everglades then flying back to Montreal Nov 27.  You can "experiment" with the ArriveCan app on any device, do dummy trips, etc, but I ended up keeping everything on the phone I was going to use on the big day. I had long since entered all the required info into the app even before we sailed, including uploading our vaccination proofs, so the only thing I had left to do was wait until the 72 hours before return deadline came up, then filled in that we had both tested negative and submitted the result. I did this on the ship via WiFi and got our official receipts immediately. Note that I had sent the official app submission BEFORE we had the test results, but I took that chance so as to avoid having to deal with anything on the return travel day, which is when we got tested (Princess does it post-disembarkation) As to doing it without Internet access, not sure if that's even possible since you can only submit within 72 hours of return. Is there no way to get WiFi on the ship for the few minutes you'd need to connect, download your submission and get the receipt? BTW, it was  one receipt for the two of us, I did wife and me as one travelling party. Also, note that when we arrived back at YUL, we were forced to show our ArriveCan receipts before they would let us into the Customs hall.

You can enter all of the information in the app at home in Toronto before leaving for your cruise. Just enter a dummy return date a day or two from the day when you decide to do this. I have all of the information for my cruise entered, including my negative PCR test, so the only thing that I'll need to enter before submitting the information is the actual flight information.

Most cruise line offer 1-day internet packages, but I don't know about NCL. However, most Canadian cellular phone providers have a daily roaming package that will cost around $10 per day for use in the US. Once you have arrived in port, turn on your phone and make your ArriveCAN final input and then submit. You'll receive your receipt long before reaching the airport.

I seldom bother with internet onboard, but always use the Rogers roaming on disembarkation day. It's great for online check-in for your flight, arranging uber at the terminal, etc..

Yet another option is to enter the information while aboard, then use the free terminal wifi (most ports) to submit. Depending on the speed of disembarkation, you might not get your receipt before heading off to the airport, but the free wifi there will let you get it before checking in.

Finally, you could always wait until you reach the airport before making your submission, but that might mean a slight delay before checking in as you wait for your receipt.

So, lots of options. Pick the one you like and stop worrying. 

2 hours ago, Fouremco said:

You can enter all of the information in the app at home in Toronto before leaving for your cruise. Just enter a dummy return date a day or two from the day when you decide to do this. I have all of the information for my cruise entered, including my negative PCR test, so the only thing that I'll need to enter before submitting the information is the actual flight information.

Most cruise line offer 1-day internet packages, but I don't know about NCL. However, most Canadian cellular phone providers have a daily roaming package that will cost around $10 per day for use in the US. Once you have arrived in port, turn on your phone and make your ArriveCAN final input and then submit. You'll receive your receipt long before reaching the airport.

But how can you make your ArriveCAN final input then submit, (when you it will be several days into the cruise toward the end before you are able to book a PCR Test; (with presumeably negative results, (and at that point it be possible to make your ArriveCAN final input and then submit)!?

I seldom bother with internet onboard, but always use the Rogers roaming on disembarkation day. It's great for online check-in for your flight, arranging uber at the terminal, etc..

Yet another option is to enter the information while aboard, then use the free terminal wifi (most ports) to submit. Depending on the speed of disembarkation, you might not get your receipt before heading off to the airport, but the free wifi there will let you get it before checking in.

Finally, you could always wait until you reach the airport before making your submission, but that might mean a slight delay before checking in as you wait for your receipt.

So, lots of options. Pick the one you like and stop worrying. 

14 minutes ago, GeriatricNurse said:

But how can you make your ArriveCAN final input then submit, (when you it will be several days into the cruise toward the end before you are able to book a PCR Test; (with presumeably negative results, (and at that point it be possible to make your ArriveCAN final input and then submit)!?

If you reread my post, you'll realize that I was talking about when you arrive in port at the end of your cruise. 

On 11/26/2021 at 9:10 PM, dawnvip said:

I loaded all our info with dummy dates 2 days from now...experimenting with the site...right to the end, expecting that I'd have the opportunity to SEND....no....the system took my info automatically.  Now I have a trip scheduled for 12/4 I won't be on.  Wonder if there'll be repercussions??

5 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I loaded all our info with dummy dates 2 days from now...experimenting with the site...right to the end, expecting that I'd have the opportunity to SEND....no....the system took my info automatically.  Now I have a trip scheduled for 12/4 I won't be on.  Wonder if there'll be repercussions??

Just cancel the trip.

An update is now available.  BTW, with this update, my previous information was deleted. I expect that was because of the first new feature listed below, that will now allow you to save information such as proof of vaccination.

What’s New

Version History
Nov. 30, 2021 

Version 2.23.8

- New feature allows travellers to save their information (travel document, proof of vaccine credentials) for future trips

- Updated Privacy Notice

- Ability to upload proof of vaccinations for exempt travellers

- PCR Exemption for travellers out of Canada for less than 72 hours

- Expanded list of Government of Canada approved vaccines

Edited by Fouremco
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

An update is now available.  BTW, with this update, my previous information was deleted. I expect that was because of the first new feature listed below, that will now allow you to save information such as proof of vaccination.

What’s New

Version History
Nov. 30, 2021 

Version 2.23.8

- New feature allows travellers to save their information (travel document, proof of vaccine credentials) for future trips

- Updated Privacy Notice

Updated our data today, system kept our vaccine QR and other profile data and just starts at the travel requirements.  BTW...a poster suggested I cancel the 'faux trip' I booked and the system grabbed.  No function to cancel, but since I didn't receive the 'invoice' confirming the trip I assume they found there was no flight/time on that day that I input.

Edited by Oceangoer2
  • Like 2

Is it possible to save both NEXUS and Passport to the new app, or do I need separate profiles for each? Even returning internationally with NEXUS they want you to scan your passport.

Edited by gnome12

2 hours ago, Fouremco said:

What’s New

Version History
Nov. 30, 2021 

Version 2.23.8

- Updated Privacy Notice

I just went to update the ArriveCan program on my Android phone but it looks like it's done!   My  Version code is 2.23.10 so I'm guessing I'm all updated.  BTW my info is still there  but I can't see anything about the PCR exemptions for trips less than 72 hours... or perhaps I need to put my specs on! 🙄

• Haha 1