Diamond drink voucher: Another question.

SlightDraw

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

How does this work? We have been using our 2 days each and then buying the internet for the rest of the time. Is there a better way to do it?

It depends on the price point. You have to do the math to figure out which is the best way and it will vary depending on the length of the cruise, the per day rate offered in the cruise planner and the number of devices you need to have connected at any one time.

In our case we only had one free day each and I got an excellent pre-cruise rate for a one-device package, so it worked out better for us to do it that way. We then used the free days on our sea days so we could both be connected at the same time.

I'm guessing that with a total of four free days, you're probably getting the best deal by doing as you are.

Edited by FionaMG

Are the CA diamond drink vouchers good for any drink or are they restricted to a limited menu like they used to be?  I bought a refreshment package for my wife and I.  She does not drink alcohol and I don’t see myself having more than 2 or 3 alcoholic drinks a day.

13 minutes ago, slyster said:

Are the CA diamond drink vouchers good for any drink or are they restricted to a limited menu like they used to be?  I bought a refreshment package for my wife and I.  She does not drink alcohol and I don’t see myself having more than 2 or 3 alcoholic drinks a day.

Any drink up to $13, which is pretty much everything, except a few wines. It was very nice to enjoy my martinis with alcohol of choice last month on Ovation.

On my B2B, I rarely used all my vouchers daily, so it was nice to be able to share.

Edited by crzndeb

39 minutes ago, slyster said:

Are the CA diamond drink vouchers good for any drink or are they restricted to a limited menu like they used to be?

The DL menu drink is gone. You may want to consider the number of all drinks you’ll have to see if any package is needed. You’ll need to have at least about 9 (4 D and 5 from package) to make the package break even. 

On 11/27/2021 at 1:21 PM, SlightDraw said:

I really think Royal is relaxing the rule. The subject if my wife does or does not drink never came up. And there was no pleading, really easy.

They just aren't asking.  But the exception is technically for when one person does not drink or cannot drink (medically).

So, like sharing beverage packages caused the change to everyone had to get it, if Royal sees enough revenue drop from those getting one DDP and the other using the vouchers, they could change the policy again.

Our plan is for each of us to use our vouchers, and then just pay for any additional drinks.  It will still be less than even one person getting the DDP.

This thread is so awesome, that it shows the cruise lines on how people are skirting the rules and allowing a person to get 8-10 free drinks, while spouse, has the drink package......and yet, this also shows, that no matter how you say it, the person with a drink package is still sharing, but trying to justify it.  So in a nut share, I would hope that RCCL reads this, and makes a decistion that anyone with a drink package, not load any vouchers.  

14 minutes ago, SRF said:

They just aren't asking.  But the exception is technically for when one person does not drink or cannot drink (medically).

So, like sharing beverage packages caused the change to everyone had to get it, if Royal sees enough revenue drop from those getting one DDP and the other using the vouchers, they could change the policy again.

Our plan is for each of us to use our vouchers, and then just pay for any additional drinks.  It will still be less than even one person getting the DDP.

Or maybe, just maybe Royal was getting complaints from Diamond and above: Because if my wife and I both purchase deluxe beverage packages, diamond vouchers are not a benefit for us at all. They would go un used every day. 

7 hours ago, SlightDraw said:

Or maybe, just maybe Royal was getting complaints from Diamond and above: Because if my wife and I both purchase deluxe beverage packages, diamond vouchers are not a benefit for us at all. They would go un used every day. 

They do offer a drink package discount for diamond plus.  It just happens to not be as good as the cruise planner sale price. It’s about the same as the BOGOHO that is frequently available on the first day onboard. 

7 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

This thread is so awesome, that it shows the cruise lines on how people are skirting the rules and allowing a person to get 8-10 free drinks, while spouse, has the drink package......and yet, this also shows, that no matter how you say it, the person with a drink package is still sharing, but trying to justify it.  So in a nut share, I would hope that RCCL reads this, and makes a decistion that anyone with a drink package, not load any vouchers.  

I think they are more likely to  be stricter on who doesn't have to purchase the package in the same cabin.  They could have made a rule that the Diamond drinks were only for that passenger but have made a decision that they can be used for a drink for anyone, which makes it a perk for everyone, including those that purchase the drink package, in fact it makes it an improvement over the happy hour that was used pre-COVID.  I think they need to somehow turn it into a park for people with the drink package, but I have no idea how.

Personally, I think that if only one person in a cabin gets the drink package, no matter what status and vouchers, the other person should either not be allowed to get an alcoholic drink or, if they do, they need to be charged for the drink package for the whole cruise.

The stated intent of not requiring the second person to get a DBP, was when that person did not drink alcoholic beverages due to choice or medical reasons.  If that person IS drinking alcoholic beverages, then the rules should apply that both need the package.

Just my opinion.