Royal's ships 2023/24

58 minutes ago, fairywren said:

Voyager December 1 2025 Singapore to Brisbane has now disappeared from the website, but the two previous cruises are still there. I wonder what that means.

That is interesting.

Thanks

It’s probably sold out. Heaps of travel agents have been on to it. 

But i I do find this interesting the Status for the transfer run is shown as “Plan”. The other Cairns bookings for Voyager visits are shown as “Scheduled ”. 

17 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

A online agent has it live but it looks like it’s just about sold out 

That’s going to make it harder for us to get a super last minute cheapie on Quantum from Singapore to Brisbane in  November. 

6 minutes ago, springaussie said:

That is interesting.

Thanks

It’s probably sold out. Heaps of travel agents have been on to it. 

But i I do find this interesting the Status for the transfer run is shown as “Plan”. The other Cairns bookings for Voyager visits are shown as “Scheduled ”. 

IMG_5054.jpeg

On 8/15/2024 at 10:13 AM, springaussie said:

Unsure Geoff!

Miami management and LAX Ports have mentioned it a few times sailing form the West Coast. 
I am sure they will make a few ports Oasis friendly if required.

Unlikely that Alaska is an option either.  Alaskan ports are seeking to limit passenger numbers and, with RC not having the legacy priority rights held by Princess and HAL, they are unlikely to be able to increase their passenger numbers in the region.

9 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Yes

Too expensive for this Funnel Head to pay.

Also Chilli check the prices on Oasis Trans Atlantic October. 

I’m finding Celebrity is a better deal than RC but I still miss those drink vouchers.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, arxcards said:

The Rome to Dubai & Dubai to Singapore legs are showing as close to sold out too.

I think a lot of people jumped over from Anthem when it was canned.

If Anthem can’t go through the Suez Canal, I can’t see Voyager doing it .

Maybe the captain has a Princess Medallion to waive at the Houthi rockets.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I think a lot of people jumped over from Anthem when it was canned.

If Anthem can’t go through the Suez Canal, I can’t see Voyager doing it .

Maybe the captain has a Princess Medallion to waive at the Houthi rockets.

They will all need to comb their pits and calm the farm before any cruising resumes transits through there. There is more than a year for something good to happen though, so fingers crossed for everyone that has made a booking.

It seems that medallions don't work on rockets. A couple of months back, Princess pulled the pin on Crown going via the Red Sea next June/July, so I would presume they aren't as confident about the area as Royal is. The Anthem jumpers might be the smart ones. If your cruise is canned and you are hoping for something similar to come along later, where to you park your booking? Perhaps on another one they think could be canned.

4 hours ago, springaussie said:

Singapore to Brisbane back on Royal website $5199 for oceanview and balconies.

Also PR Man Cruise Director Mitch who is now in sales claims we should hear something soon on Lelepa. 

He also said we might have a Discovery class in 2027 ,sooner than expected.

I think the fuel type is the problem . I was ready that Wonder and Icon were supposed to have some  hydrogen fuel cells but the technology just isn’t there .

Theres lots of hype about hydrogen,ammonia and green methanol but the supply just isn’t available.

A bit like Lelepa just a mystery ,we keep hearing about it but just isn’t materialising.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I don’t think the unrest in the Middle East is going anywhere.

Not sure about that. It appears to be spreading to other parts of the world 😉

Yes, I agree, but there comes a point when a cruise line has to decide on plan B.

On 6/23/2024 at 11:52 AM, fairywren said:

I'll be watching with interest as I'm booked on it too. If it goes around Africa with passengers it actually opens up a few options which might suit us here in Perth.

I was just looking for alternatives to Voyager’s trans Suez if it doesn’t go ahead.

Ovation’s repo from L.A to Singapore looks interesting but it’s getting heavily booked.

The uncertainty is pretty frustrating.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, fairywren said:

Someone on fb is saying RC has told them it’s sold out. Hard to believe more than a year out and with the uncertainty of world politics.

The Travel Agents have been working hard at this one.

But on Sports Bet my money would be on this cruise isn’t going to run as planned. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, springaussie said:

The Travel Agents have been working hard at this one.

But on Sports Bet my money would be on this cruise isn’t going to run as planned. 

They could be just relying on a bit of blinken' luck 😉 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, fairywren said:

Someone on fb is saying RC has told them it’s sold out. Hard to believe more than a year out and with the uncertainty of world politics.

It definitely won’t be happening,you would think they would give us a option to transfer to something else 
The serenade Panama is a option but it’s filling up.

6 minutes ago, fairywren said:

Could still happen if they take the Africa route. We will just have to wait and see I suppose. Not keen on long flights any more.

Going by Anthem and TUI not taking passengers,I don’t know if around Africa will happen but I’m brave if you are.

• Haha 1

On 8/13/2024 at 7:37 PM, springaussie said:

The Icon or Oasis going to LAX certainly looks a possibility from that article Chilli.

There’s a few rumours that NASA is pushing some of the big ships out of Port Canaveral.

I think Canaveral is Royal Caribbean’s busiest port and would like to expand but The department of transport or NASA needs more docks for more reusable rockets.

A expansion into the west coast is looking more a possibility.

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Like 1