New Omicron travel restrictions

Idaho Breeze

We are in a "closed loop" cruise out of NOLA (start from NOLA and end in same place) so there is no mandatory testing required when we return.  I think testing to return to US is only for those who are not starting/ending in the US. 
We fly on 12/9 and embark on 12/12 - testing before we fly on 12/8 (96 hours pre cruise) for the option testing but peace of mind just in case at the port - we get surprised... which is highly unlikely. 
Testing in NOLA for someone who is not from there is just a little too stressful and would rather not fly across country without knowing we are negative.

13 hours ago, krittykat said:

We are in a "closed loop" cruise out of NOLA (start from NOLA and end in same place) so there is no mandatory testing required when we return.  I think testing to return to US is only for those who are not starting/ending in the US. 
We fly on 12/9 and embark on 12/12 - testing before we fly on 12/8 (96 hours pre cruise) for the option testing but peace of mind just in case at the port - we get surprised... which is highly unlikely. 
Testing in NOLA for someone who is not from there is just a little too stressful and would rather not fly across country without knowing we are negative.

And things are going to get a bit worse probably with the testing and breakout on the Breakaway. Lots of things unfolding at the moment and need to keep an eye on.

8 hours ago, bigrednole said:

And things are going to get a bit worse probably with the testing and breakout on the Breakaway. Lots of things unfolding at the moment and need to keep an eye on.

Hopefully this will not be to disruptive on our cruise ..12/12...on the Breakaway

21 minutes ago, krittykat said:

Hopefully this will not be to disruptive on our cruise ..12/12...on the Breakaway

HI:

We are with you on this cruise. We are testing on 12/10 before we fly out on 12/11. Changed hotel to Marriott Convention center to be closer to testing and the pier. Still need to get transport from airport to hotel. Then follow all the conflicting procedures for testing, luggage, and boarding. Snow this am just to top it off.

44 minutes ago, glennmartin said:

i thought all pier testing had been scrapped now ?

Testing at the pier is still in place until January 16th. Starting the 17th everyone is required to test on their own within 48 hours of departure. 

17 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

January 16. You can still get tested at the pier for a cost. 

Hallelujah....our cruise leaves January 15.  I sure hope NCL doesn't change things for sailing before Jan 16.  Can't keep up with all this testing and retesting and blah, blah, blah.

On 12/5/2021 at 1:25 PM, BirdTravels said:

January 16. You can still get tested at the pier for a cost. 

We are scheduled to cruise out of New Orleans on the Breakaway on January 16th

ASSUME that we will only be REQUIRED to be tested at the pier prior to embarkation (the last cruise departure date that this will be the rule) - Testing to be done by NCL 

12 hours ago, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

We are scheduled to cruise out of New Orleans on the Breakaway on January 16th

ASSUME that we will only be REQUIRED to be tested at the pier prior to embarkation (the last cruise departure date that this will be the rule) - Testing to be done by NCL 

I am on the Encore on Jan 16th and that is my interpretation as well. We are on the last date they are going to be testing. To be honest, I feel a lot more comfortable knowing that everyone on the ship was tested before they got on. With this new variant, I will probably be more cautious to wear my mask in public places. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Idaho Breeze said:

Will NCL offer refunds to those who do not wish to go along with this change in policy? To some it's a deal killer and I feel they should be refunded if desired.

Of course not.  It's just a policy change and those for whom this would be a "deal killer" should never have paid for the cruise to begin with.

• Like 1

FYI, I returned yesterday from an AI in Mexico, and on our last three visits the test was to be within 48 hours, now it is SAME DAY as your flight.  We tested at 8:30, got results at 10:20 and we’re at the airport at noon.   Was a bit nerve wracking, not knowing if you would actually get your test back on time.  But that’s the way it is.