Spencer Tours - "Govt Approved" & Questions

sakigemcam

Hello - Currently St Lucia is allowing Govt Approved tours - is there a list to determine which operators those are rather than taking the operator's word for it?

When we booked this oft-rescheduled tour, I could find nothing but raves about Spencer - now I see some that are less so.  Their communications are at least good. Does anyone have additional input?

IF private tours are allowed and we un-book Spencer, would love suggestions on best snorkeling from shore spots near Pitons. 

Thanks very much - 

• Like 1

I have booked a private tour and a ship tour, but hoping to be able to cancel the ship tour and do the private booked one. When I looked at the St. Lucia government website for travelers, this is the list I found of tour operators. I can only assume that this is their "government approved" tours since they are there. Still keeping both booked until I get within a week and know for sure. 

Covid - Tour Companies | Saint Lucia Tourism Authority (stlucia.org)

• 2 weeks later...

There is a website I was at last night that did list Spencer Tours as an approved gov't tour company.  I believe it was within the St. Lucia tourism website. (was doing so much research while watching a movie last night).

Feb 2020 was on an island tour with them and loved it.  We'll be in St. Lucia in feb/march on a Celebrity cruise and am thinking about booking their beach break tour.

Will see if I can find the link.

• 3 weeks later...

I read on the Spenser website that they don’t refund your deposit if the ship isn’t able to dock. They provide a credit for a future tour however, given the fluid situation it seems risky to book with them unless you are okay losing the deposit.

Just a consideration.

Thanks all - Celebrity still doesn't even have St Lucia options for shore ex in our itinerary for March. It's peculiar as all other ports do.

I'm still wondering about recent reviews - has anyone heard anything negative about Spencer of late?

• 3 weeks later...

Covid-19 Pandemic and Tour Update

Thank you for contacting Spencer Ambrose Tours.  Our online booking system is now open!  Due to pandemic uncertainties we are only accepting bookings up to one month in advance of your tour date.  

We are currently waiving deposit payment.  If you paid a deposit and your cruise, travel or tour plans are canceled during the pandemic, your deposit will be credited towards a future tour date. Until tours are able to fully resume, we are unable to offer deposit refunds.

For those arriving by cruise ship, Spencer Ambrose Tours is Covid-Certified by the St. Lucian Ministry of Tourism and is a Government Approved Tour Operator. 

We appreciate your understanding as we work together through these challenging and unprecedented times.  We look forward to once again welcoming guests back on tour.

Stay safe,

Spencer & Team

I received this email and am hoping to go when we arrive Feb 13. Princess has been picky about St Lucia but I will try my best to get on this excursion.

• Like 1