Carnival Weddings onboard

cruising mickey

Getting married on board is a paperwork nightmare.   I know because we are doing it.  They don't explain about all the obscure documents you will need, until after they have taken your $$$.  Take my advice and find another way to get married.   Especially if you have been married before or are a widow.  

I disagree. We got married on the Magic  in 2018 and it was pretty easy. They have planners that help out with everything. The only thing we didn't like is that we had an embarkation wedding and everything seemed rushed. Other than that, it was amazing and VERY affordable. 

9 hours ago, joeyancho said:

Getting married on board is a paperwork nightmare.   I know because we are doing it.  They don't explain about all the obscure documents you will need, until after they have taken your $$$.  Take my advice and find another way to get married.   Especially if you have been married before or are a widow.  

• Like 1

As an alternative, a lot of people are getting married in port instead. On my recent Freedom cruise, a couple got married while in port (and although I didn't ask, I don't think they went through Carnival to arrange it).

What would scare me to death is what if the port is missed which happens from time to time.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, joeyancho said:

Sorry you are having a bad experience. 

We were married onboard while docked in the Bahamas back in 2015 and the process couldn't have been any easier.  It was a second marriage for both of us... Carnival emailed the forms to fill out and told us exactly what legal documents were needed from our divorce.  Actually, Carnival took care of everything- including the Bahamian marriage license!  Easy peasy and super affordable!  

Best of luck 

4 hours ago, mz-s said:

As an alternative, a lot of people are getting married in port instead. On my recent Freedom cruise, a couple got married while in port (and although I didn't ask, I don't think they went through Carnival to arrange it).

What would scare me to death is what if the port is missed which happens from time to time.

yeah, a port day wedding is much riskier than an on board wedding. Especially wouldn’t do one now with ports changing over covid regulations.

we got married at a resort in Jamaica and it was quite affordable and easy. As in, if you and your guests booked a trip there it was free if you wanted a basic ceremony, reception and cake.

19 hours ago, joeyancho said:

It's been since 08 but it was super easy and low cost to get married for us. I hope your experience gets better!

9 hours ago, mrneil001 said:

I disagree. We got married on the Magic  in 2018 and it was pretty easy. They have planners that help out with everything. The only thing we didn't like is that we had an embarkation wedding and everything seemed rushed. Other than that, it was amazing and VERY affordable. 

I agree with this.  Our daughter was married on the Carnival Paradise and it was easy and affordable.