Mahogany Bay

jcool

4 hours ago, jcool said:

Hi  

Is there a way to get to the beach in Mahogany Bay? How much is a cab to the beach? I know there a beach at the port. I just want to do the beach. 

I am confused, do you wish to know how to get to Mahogany Bay Beach or do you wish to better understand how to get to another beach, maybe West Bay. 

If all you seek is sand, the beach at Mahogany Bay is adequate. There is both a path with a bridge and the magic flying chairs to get there. 

If snorkeling is the goal perhaps the Tabyana Beach Break through the ship or a day pass to one of the resorts with transport included. Infinty Bay, Bananarama and Paradise Beach Club all over days passes. 

oh wait, maybe your ship is docking in Coxen Hole and you want to go to Mahogany Bay. I think ya have to be on one of the ships docking at Mahogany to access that beach. 

Or maybe I completely misunderstood the question.  🙂

I had a bit of time while baking cookies. It looks like you are on a Carnival Ship which means you will be docking at Mahognay Bay. 

If I did this right, the link will either show a map or lead you to a map.  MAP

If that doesn't work have a wander around the Mahognay Bay website.  HERE

Edited by Guest 2000
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, jcool said:

Hi  

Is there a way to get to the beach in Mahogany Bay? How much is a cab to the beach? I know there a beach at the port. I just want to do the beach. 

Just exit the ship through the Dufry shop, walk up the hill to the shopping area, turn right go past the magic chairs and follow the pathway.  You'll be on the beach 10 minutes after leaving the ship.

1 hour ago, jcool said:

No, I want to go to other beach that has nothing to do with the cruise line. I know the cruise line beach is nice, but I want to do something different.

As I said it my first post perhaps West Bay...several resorts offer days passes with transport.  Infinity, Paradise and Bananarama come to mind. 

Edited by Guest 2000

Just to piggyback on the topic.  Does anyone know what the taxi rate from Mahogany Bay to West Bay would be?  I've been seeing conflicting amounts with different online sources.  Thought maybe someone may have recently done it.

Thanks 

31 minutes ago, vbscoot said:

Just to piggyback on the topic.  Does anyone know what the taxi rate from Mahogany Bay to West Bay would be?  I've been seeing conflicting amounts with different online sources.  Thought maybe someone may have recently done it.

Thanks 

As far as I know the only regulated taxi prices are from the airport, everything else is negotiable. Also a one way taxi is not going to stick around for the return. It is possible do to time restrictions the return taxi would take advantage. 

If West Bay is your single destination, I reccommed paying for a day pass at one of the resorts which include transport. 

If you have more than one stop in mind perhaps a driver for the day would suit. 

May as well hijack this a little more, although its very much related.  My question is as an upcoming first timer to Mahogany Bay is what tips would yall advise to be able to get one of the front rows of the beach chairs/clamshells?  I am pretty sure you have to pay a small charge to reserve those when you get to the beach, which is fine, but do we need also need to mad scramble to get off the ship early in order to get those front row spots?

I see tons of YouTube videos and when the rent their chairs they are 4 rows back behind all the clamshell covers and the view is terrible.  I don't want that, so willing to get off the ship early and pay up, but is that all there is to it?  I know we can also just plop down on the sand with our towels as well but prefer the loungers or shells.  Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...

Hey @crewsweeper we're going to Mahogany Bay in April and my BFF needs shade to prevent overexposure to sun so I was thinking on one of those Carnival packages that includes the Magic Chair pass and a clamshell... but I don't want to be 4 rows back, as someone else mentioned...

@crewsweeper or anyone else familiar with that port- how early do you need to get off the ship to ensure you get a clamshell with a decent view? My friend has some mobility issues, she can walk, just not long distances so I'm trying to prep as much as I can.

On 12/12/2021 at 12:01 PM, jcool said:

Hi  

Last time cab was like $25 for ride to Henry Morgan resort, great snorkeling 🤿 from shore, Zumba dancing by pool, you pay but security and clean pool and bathroom. Cabbie was back for us at set time. Perfect 👍 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Do you have to rent chairs and/or clamshells through the cruise line for Mahogany Bay Beach? I really don’t like preplanning like that because you never know what the weather is going to be like. Can we just show up and rent a chair and clamshell? If so, does anyone know how much they cost?

Thanks

Edited by thewynn

11 minutes ago, thewynn said:

Do you have to rent chairs and/or clamshells through the cruise line for Mahogany Bay Beach? I really don’t like preplanning like that because you never know what the weather is going to be like. Can we just show up and rent a chair and clamshell? If so, does anyone know how much they cost?

Thanks

I know that you can rent the clamshells and chairs when you get to the beach- I don't know the cost. My friend burns easily and we need a clamshell, and the clamshells tend to sell out pretty quickly so to be sure we just went ahead and paid for the excursion... if it's raining, I'll cancel. I was told that I could do that the morning of, and receive full credit back.

On 3/1/2022 at 9:12 PM, Shaded Lady said:

... if it's raining, I'll cancel. I was told that I could do that the morning of, and receive full credit back.

That’s good to know, I thought all excursions had to be cancelled 24 hrs before they start in order to get a refund. Raining or poor weather is exactly why I don’t like to prepay for excursions.

There are restrooms you can change in and there are outdoor showers to wash off the sand. 

You can rent the clamshells. I think they are around $25 for two chairs and a umbrella clamshell. You can walk further down the beach and there are lounge chairs for free.

• Thanks 1