Questions: Check in, check out, Port Everglades & Muster drill

RedneckBob

Hi everyone. RNB is returning to HAL after three years. Will be b2b on Rotterdam in February 2022.

Returned yesterday off Celebrity Apex in Port Everglades, Terminal 25. Only check in required by agents prior to entering waiting area; no counter check in. Only muster drill was watch a minute video on Tv in cabin and go to muster station to have cabin key scanned. Only thing required when returning to Port is facial recognition scan. Yesterday, nothing was required. Just got bags and walked out of terminal

Does HAL offer similar checkin/out/muster drill?

29 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Only check in required by agents prior to entering waiting area; no counter check in.

On our Rotterdam TA in October, check in involved:   1). quick human view of boarding pass and passport at entrance to pier. 2). scan of passport at self service iPad stand (with lady standing nearby to assist if needed). 

(We also had to experience the Dutch lady ramming the huge q-tip up our nose for Covid but that is "not applicable" now)

33 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Only muster drill was watch a minute video on Tv in cabin and go to muster station to have cabin key scanned.

Exactly the same. Loved it!

33 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Only thing required when returning to Port is facial recognition scan.

Went thru the border control line/booth with the agent scanning our passports and welcoming us back to the USA (just like the good ole days)

18 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Thanks. I am little surprised HAL does not have face recognition at their terminal in Port Everglades. Celebrity has it and there is no showing of passport or contact with US Customs.

We had the facial recognition in Seattle when we went to Alaska in July,  however not in Port Everglades when we sailed in November.  They will also ask to see your proof of vaccinations and Covid test results when you show your passport and boarding pass.  

Facial scanners today (no passports) at Pier 26 Fort Lauderdale and no stop for Immigration.  I had completed my online Global Entry questionnaire on my phone and nobody wanted to see it.

Edited by Crew News
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Crew News said:

Facial scanners today (no passports) at Pier 26 Fort Lauderdale and no stop for Immigration.  I had completed my online Global Entry questionnaire on my phone and nobody wanted to see it.

Is muster done in the cabin watching on TV or on phone ?

Thanks

Sea Ya

Eric 

9 hours ago, Sea42 said:

We had the face scanners at Port Everglade for our November 13th cruise with HAL, pier 26. Scan before for boarding and when disembarking.

Same as our November 20th cruise on HA NA. Very quick disembarkation process now. Especially since you no longer have to fill in treasury forms for items bought on ship and overseas. 

20 minutes ago, nimiq said:

Thanks

Sea Ya

Eric 

We had to check in in person at the on deck area of our Muster station on the NA and also watch the video on our TV. You could not watch anything on the TV until you completed the safety video. The in person check in took less than 5 minutes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nimiq said:

Thanks

Sea Ya

Eric 

When you arrive at your stateroom, drop your luggage, turn on your TV, have lunch and stop by your muster station for a quick scan of your stateroom card before 3:00 PM,

Thanks everyone. There is a side effect to having expedited disembarkation from terminal; large volume of people exiting terminal and going to parking garages. On Saturday we waited 20 minutes to get elevator at PG next to terminal 26; so many people in line. Plus two of the three pay boxes to prepay fees were broken. Next time I will leave luggage on ground and walk up the stairs to get my car.

On 12/13/2021 at 2:30 AM, Crew News said:

Interesting about the Global Entry as I'd wondered about that.  We've only ever used it for incoming international flights.  We need to update our passports on our GE profiles because the trusted traveler website gives an error each time I try to input the new passport numbers. I am hoping we can do that on arrival from our upcoming cruise rather than go to our very busy airport (ATL) GE office.  I did also consider stopping in the the CBP port office before our departure to find out if they can do it there, but on arrival seems like it would be easier.