Alcohol Cost at Miami airport -- comparable to the Islands?

xcell

Does any one know if the cost for alcohol -- vodka, Kahlua, Patron/Don Julio Tequila, etc... that much cheaper on the islands (specifically, St. Maarten and St. Thomas).

Asking because not sure if I have room in my luggage and probably would be easier to buy it duty free and bring it on the plane.

10 minutes ago, xcell said:

Does any one know if the cost for alcohol -- vodka, Kahlua, Patron/Don Julio Tequila, etc... that much cheaper on the islands (specifically, St. Maarten and St. Thomas).

Asking because not sure if I have room in my luggage and probably would be easier to buy it duty free and bring it on the plane.

Here’s a link to idea of prices on StM

https://shop.cltbv.com

Fo not have Duty Free prices of Airport outlets, no doubt other CC members can oblige 

58 minutes ago, xcell said:

Can't speak to MIA prices, but we did recently fly out of FLL, which one would assume is comparable. We found the booze prices on Sint Maarten, the Dutch side (we didn't look at prices in St Thomas), to be MUCH cheaper than the airport or cruise pier duty free prices. Avoid the Duty Free stores right at the pier, and buy from one of the liquor stores in Phillipsburg. We bought from the big store right at the water taxi pier, so we didn't even have to walk it back to the ship. As two specific examples, we bought two 1 Liter bottles of Absolut for $US24, and found one sale price, in another store, offering three bottles of Stoly for $US21, so $7 each.  We couldn't take advantage of that deal as we had already hit our customs limit with the two bottles of Absolut ;o(  As Canadians used to exorbitant booze prices, these deals were pretty impressive.

Actually, I guess when I arrive in Miami, I could take a look before leaving the airport and then decide when going to the island.  

yes Canada (especially Ontario) doesn't get a good deal and I do need my alcohol to get me through Covid...lol