Live from the Legend!! December 19-26, 2021 with Kmom.

KmomChicago

11 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

We have been enjoying the good humored Miguel from Mexico struggling through difficult English pronunciations at trivia. One of the guests quit playing and switched to helping him but that might be because he’s young and cute, not that I’m judging.

Yes, we had trouble with him saying "not the buttons. Not my gumdrop buttons". Sounded like he was saying "bottoms".

• Haha 2

Docked next to Celebrity Summit which I believe is sister ship to the Millennium I sailed years ago, and past her we watched Independence of the Seas backing in which I believe is sister ship to Adventure OTS we sailed to Canada in 2019, our last cruise in The Before.F47E3643-E5B3-49E2-9207-8E7899E8253F.thumb.jpeg.f4ec4b1d99b72c744c7aa62102d1ebee.jpeg

D22E4190-FCD4-48F6-9A48-302CBC756215.thumb.jpeg.83c365d2871eab2c0133b2c981a432f0.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tracy b said:

Are the hot tubs hot? On the Pride we were told they were whirlpools and no longer heated..

Yes, just came from the whirlpool in the gym area. The serenity one and the one under the lido roof are heated too. The one not under lido roof is barely heated, feels like bathwater.

16 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Did you do a review on this cruise? We are booked on Adventure next Thanksgiving.

I did. It’s linked in my signature but when I get home I’ll post a link here in the thread text unless one of our friends sailing along does so for us sooner. Limited with what I can do with just my iPhone.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

It looked really nice leaving on the PTZtv Port Nassau webcam. Not too many out on the decks though.

@HeartgroveSail away from Nassau was sublime, coincided precisely with sunset, we followed Brilliance of the seas out of the port as Indy and C. Glory were just starting to turn on their exterior lighting while taking on their last few passengers. We met up accidentally on deck with a lovely gentleman who told us of his Vietnam service (thank you sir and Kmom is a Vietnam conflict baby so it’s always been a close issue to my family) losing his wife and youngest son in the past two years, traveling now with his 96 year old aunt even with the worries of Covid because she said “I don’t have time to put it off, let’s go!!”

My phone was in the room charging so I got no pics of any of it, but it’s all imprinted on the loving and grateful side of Kmom’s old mean grinchy little mind.

I know it’s morbid but constantly reminding myself of the fleeting timeframe of our earthly existence is actually the single most effective mental health tool in my arsenal. Quit b1+ch1n6, stupid! It’ll all be over soon enough whether you savor or waste every moment!

I didn’t get off the ship yesterday in Nassau but have a cabana today at HMC and also plan to check out the shops near the pier tomorrow in Freeport.

Edited by KmomChicago
  • Like 4

B9764125-AFF7-4096-9BFA-76FFC98B4476.thumb.jpeg.5987aa0f6b2d56c0ab216b6a51f64352.jpegIf you’re just dying to spot Kmom and company in the flesh you can do so where indicated. After planning to get fist pick of cabana I ended up instead with literally the last one, mom having decided not to deal with a tender shuttle and not talking to the excursion desk until Tuesday as a result. There was exactly one left by then and they were real apologetic so I wonder if it’s haunted or something.

8E07672F-86F9-44FE-A19D-F935674F2E3E.jpeg

Edited by KmomChicago
  • Like 4

Guest BasicSailor
1 hour ago, KmomChicago said:

Adorable but I can’t find anything like that on my vessel. pride you said? I don’t think we have skylights or clerestory windows or whatever those shiny panels are up high either.

Thats on Carnival Miracle, the whale tale is in view of the glass windows.

Miricle ships.jpg

Edited by BasicSailor

1 hour ago, KmomChicago said:

I’ll take lots of pics on the island but no idea how the Wi-Fi will be. Intending to luxuriate in the tropical paradise I promised myself for this voyage!! Weather looks perfect.

So glad for your perfect weather. Have a blissful day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1