Live from the Legend!! December 19-26, 2021 with Kmom.

KmomChicago

One minor issue of the switch from paper Fun Times is the ability to go back later after the cruise to see what you did. 

I can’t remember the name of that blah Playlist show on Mardi Gras but I did ask Leigh to tell the suits we can tell the difference between a great one and a lazy a$$ one.

• Like 1

I think I’ll go to the service this morning because my very Mormon work colleague has convinced me I’m not really an atheist but only agnostic. He says I’m too spiritual and thoughtful and humble about things I can’t prove and too guided by a universal belief in right and wrong to completely deny the possibility of a higher power. Yeah whatever. 

Anyway I’m always a sucker for a Christmas miracle so, why not? Maybe I’ll find my redemption and if not, I’ll think of Carol and the faith she had while here with us, and her time in the realm of her Creator since 2004, watching her babies grow up from afar.

Okay I’m literally blubbering here now on the Lido deck as the sky brightens overhead.

Sorry, you all thought a journey with Kmom would be normal. Doesn’t work like that I’m afraid. 

• Like 7

I do miss the Seuss stuff even though our only spawn is too old and mean to give a rip anymore, and if it ever comes back I’m doing the Green Eggs and ham breakfast which we haven’t ever done for reasons I can only attribute to abject foolishness. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

K' Lady

Would you or could you do or would you do another Christmas cruise again ? The wife and I have done two 1) CCL Dream for our 20th anniversary and 2) CCL IN 2018 on the Glory. The wife is much more religious than I am. I love the Xmas music, love seeing the lights in the little ones eyes because they BELIEVE. But on true religion.. I'm more neutral than yea or nay. I guess ten years as a uniform D/Sheriff  crime scene tech (seeing first hand what a human can do to his fellow man and child kina made me neutral. I consider myself lucky, in that respect, because some of my fellow coworkers turned to drink, and in one case suicide. Sorry, don't want to vent, I have loved your review, please keep up the wonderful work your humanity and never lose your love of life.

Mac

( Reading your review this morning I thought, 'I'd LOVED to be on a cruise this Christmas morning and have my own sunrise service, smell the ocean, hear the birds. feel the breeze and watch the sunrise'. That is my idea of a beautiful chapel.)  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

A lot of families wore matching Xmas Jammie’s all day yesterday and today is the same. 

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL !!  On our 1st Xmas cruise on the Dream lots of adult and kiddoes did that, I was AMAZED ! My sis who went with us saw my surprise and said, Oh yea this is a ritual a lot of families do on a Christmas cruise, you mean YOU didn't bring your jammies ??' LOL ! i said, NO, not hardly'.

Mac

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SmoothFlying said:

K' Lady

Would you or could you do or would you do another Christmas cruise again ? The wife and I have done two 1) CCL Dream for our 20th anniversary and 2) CCL IN 2018 on the Glory. The wife is much more religious than I am. I love the Xmas music, love seeing the lights in the little ones eyes because they BELIEVE. But on true religion.. I'm more neutral than yea or nay. I guess ten years as a uniform D/Sheriff  crime scene tech (seeing first hand what a human can do to his fellow man and child kina made me neutral. I consider myself lucky, in that respect, because some of my fellow coworkers turned to drink, and in one case suicide. Sorry, don't want to vent, I have loved your review, please keep up the wonderful work your humanity and never lose your love of life.

Mac

( Reading your review this morning I thought, 'I'd LOVED to be on a cruise this Christmas morning and have my own sunrise service, smell the ocean, hear the birds. feel the breeze and watch the sunrise'. That is my idea of a beautiful chapel.)  

Thanks Mac and thank you for your service and I am deeply sorry for the unspeakable things you’ve had to witness. I don’t think I could bear it. 

I would 100% do a holiday cruise again. I try to be kind and find the special and the spiritual every day or any day the mood strikes. Christmas and all holidays ring artificial to me. They’re just days and if they bring us joy and a sense of tradition and order that’s fine but every day is an equally magical and miraculous as far as I’m concerned. Likewise bad days are bad regardless of the date.

I think calendars are an odd and arbitrary way to manage time on a human scale except for the obvious survival aspect of agriculture. 

• Like 5

"Grand Classica will be named Margaritaville Paradise and will receive an extensive rebranding at Grand Bahama shipyard a head of its April 2022 debut. The ship continue to operate its 2 night sailing from Port of Palm Beach to Freeport. The line also expects to acquire more ships at a later date." Wikipedia

While not a Christmas Miracle this news brightens the future of the cruise industry in general but I'm mostly sharing because of the renaming to Margaritaville Paradise.  

Smooth seas on your voyage home and many thanks for this review. We're big fans of the Spirit Class of ships. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

"Grand Classica will be named Margaritaville Paradise and will receive an extensive rebranding at Grand Bahama shipyard a head of its April 2022 debut. The ship continue to operate its 2 night sailing from Port of Palm Beach to Freeport. The line also expects to acquire more ships at a later date." Wikipedia

While not a Christmas Miracle this news brightens the future of the cruise industry in general but I'm mostly sharing because of the renaming to Margaritaville Paradise.  

Smooth seas on your voyage home and many thanks for this review. We're big fans of the Spirit Class of ships. 

Wow this is fun and much better news than the ABC island port cancellations and surge of cases on a few ships this week. I see we’re yellow now but with the exception of strict mask enforcement it’s business as usual. Mebbe we’ll try her someday.

I also see RCI is limiting occupancy numbers for January sailings. Poor cruise industry is trying so hard to manage safely. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

BTW it’s hot and sunny on deck today and the seas calm compared to the ride south a few days ago.

Christmas in DC and the forecast has been upped from 65 to 67!  Roscoe must have voted another politician into office while I wasn't looking...  Enjoy the extra almost-tropical weather!  Merry Christmas!  Your review has me thinking not only are you spiritual, but have high IQ and are very well-educated.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Christmas in DC and the forecast has been upped from 65 to 67!  Roscoe must have voted another politician into office while I wasn't looking...  Enjoy the extra almost-tropical weather!  Merry Christmas!  Your review has me thinking not only are you spiritual, but have high IQ and are very well-educated.

Aww shucks. Merry Christmas to you Intrepid. 

• Like 1

When you bought a suite even though you didn’t really want it and needa complain about the Wi-Fi.

And a big mean guest literally pitched a fit because I walked right up. Right when  I, Kmom, walked up.

BTW they gave us back 25% on the internet package.

521E994D-94FB-4821-8344-77D8D21D2574.jpeg

Edited by KmomChicago
  • Like 4

Leigh is telling us they have stopped all shore leave again due to the current surge and Captain will not appear live at any social events for the time being to reduce risk of falling ill. Crew are going to work each day then back to their rooms rather than out and about and eating in the buffet with us. Crew are starting to ration their toiletries immediately.

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much for your review, KMom! 

I totally appreciate your spirit 😉 

We're on Legend on the 2nd and this review has been so helpful. 

We've done cruises on Christmas week and it has been so great to have warmth and sun on Dec 25. 

• Thanks 1

I have enjoyed this review very much!  I also enjoyed your Mardi Gras review and relished every word since we were set to cruise on MG a few months later.  I was wondering how you would compare the two cruises.  I know it's apples to oranges, but did you enjoy the entire experience better on one over the other?  We enjoyed MG, but didn't love it.  There were staffing and service issues, but I expected a bit of that.  My husband wants to give MG another try, but I find myself wanting to go back to a more traditional ship.  I just felt something was a bit off. Merry Christmas. You have me thinking of trying to organize a holiday family cruise now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

I do miss the Seuss stuff even though our only spawn is too old and mean to give a rip anymore, and if it ever comes back I’m doing the Green Eggs and ham breakfast which we haven’t ever done for reasons I can only attribute to abject foolishness. 

I love the Seuss activities, even though our youngest is 21 going on 22 and about to graduate from college. When we were on Pride in 2017 I was walking through the lobby and stopped to watch the kids line up for the Seuss parade. One of the crew members came up to me, handed me a pom pom and a noisemaker, and said "You're in the parade." We paraded around the deck to the main lounge and then the CD read "Cat in the Hat" to the crowd - with the help of two kids playing the kids in the book and a dad playing the part of the Cat. Not a bad way to spend an hour.

I've enjoyed your posts - thanks for sharing your cruise with us!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1