$624.07 includes tips and insurance

crusingrightnow

Looks good to me.  Great tip previously regarding sailaway a la carte policy with drinks.  I got burned once on Escape for $599 sailaway rate vs $899 5 free rate.  I was a ncl virgin. 

Im "terrified" of inside rooms and jealous of those that scoop them up at bargain rates.  Good for youse guys!!!  

(To clarify, big big big fan of sunlight...value a window cabin tremendously. I even use regular lightbulbs still. Ha!) 

10 hours ago, ldubs said:

Your truth.  Not shared by many with perhaps different priorities.  

Certainly not just “my truth.”
So many folks who cruise want more than “bare bones” that it has catalyzed an entire industry segment of “ship within a ship” on mass market lines. 

25 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

So many folks who cruise want more than “bare bones” that it has catalyzed an entire industry segment of “ship within a ship” on mass market lines. 

No, not just your truth but still a matter of personal preference. Fortunately there are enough options out there that most people can find a cruise line that works for their preference.

4 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

.... (The problem comes when someone sails on a line expecting one thing and getting another, so don't expect a luxury cruise experience when you are paying $624.)

Bingo! The cruise line ads (print and broadcast) often paint a somewhat different picture than what is the reality.

BTW. “Good” food doesn’t have to be “fancy.” 

Finally: while I think it’s wonderful that you’re looking at a different cruise experience (I.e., Celebrity), I do hope that you’ll also look at premium lines as well (not just Oceania). As many threads here on CC have indicated, the “bottom line” pricing on a Celebrity trip (particularly since RCCL sold Azamara and Celebrity is trying to market itself as “premium” [including price increases]) will often be higher than the “premium” lines, particularly those that include intercontinental air tix or a DIY air credit.

Just now, sparks1093 said:

No, not just your truth but still a matter of personal preference. Fortunately there are enough options out there that most people can find a cruise line that works for their preference.

I think you’ll find that industry analysts have found that mass market cruisers’ “preferences” (and “expectations”) have been so often unmet that it has spurred the “ship within a ship” concept. Of course, folks with very limited means may be OK with an experience that falls short of “ideal” for their profile. But, it doesn’t mean that they would not enjoy a better experience on a premium line that actually need not cost them a dollar more.

2 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Bingo! The cruise line ads (print and broadcast) often paint a somewhat different picture than what is the reality.

BTW. “Good” food doesn’t have to be “fancy.” 

Finally: while I think it’s wonderful that you’re looking at a different cruise experience (I.e., Celebrity), I do hope that you’ll also look at premium lines as well (not just Oceania). As many threads here on CC have indicated, the “bottom line” pricing on a Celebrity trip (particularly since RCCL sold Azamara and Celebrity is trying to market itself as “premium” [including price increases]) will often be higher than the “premium” lines, particularly those that include intercontinental air tix or a DIY air credit.

Celebrity's pricing seems to offer me everything that I would need so I doubt that I would see a premium line as offering any more value (priced a 7 day Caribbean cruise out of Fla at $2500 for two in a balcony for 2/2022 or $2900 in 4/2023 and both fares included the drink package, wifi, gratuities and an airfare credit). I have been more than satisfied with the food that I've had on the mainstream lines that I've sailed and am not a foodie at all (I can appreciate finer cuisine but I don't live for it). I doubt that intercontinental cruising is in our future but will certainly keep all options open.

43 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

Celebrity's pricing seems to offer me everything that I would need so I doubt that I would see a premium line as offering any more value (priced a 7 day Caribbean cruise out of Fla at $2500 for two in a balcony for 2/2022 or $2900 in 4/2023 and both fares included the drink package, wifi, gratuities and an airfare credit). I have been more than satisfied with the food that I've had on the mainstream lines that I've sailed and am not a foodie at all (I can appreciate finer cuisine but I don't live for it). I doubt that intercontinental cruising is in our future but will certainly keep all options open.

Enjoy.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Never suggested it was just your truth but that it is your truth and not applicable to everyone.    Your comment ignores personal preferences and how individuals might feel about the value they are receiving.  If someone commented that your preferred line is a luxury "wannabe" (a word you enjoy using) and you only get what you pay for, I'm sure you would explain the value you personally get from your choice of cruise line -- just as you frequently have done on these boards.   

I enjoy my cruise lines and I enjoy the of passengers I have the privilege of joining on the cruise.  My, and many other's, priorities are clearly different than yours.