COVID Treatment on Board

doug618

On 12/15/2021 at 8:50 AM, ryano said:

Maybe this will help.  I seriously doubt they have the monoclonal antibodies.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/how-is-the-medical-center-equipped-to-handle-a-covid-19-case

And it's worth noting that the medical staff is quite limited:  1 doctor and 2 nurses.  There's only so much they can do, no matter what care they may want to offer, they are limited in the things they can do for #_________ of patients.

4 hours ago, Pstreet12 said:

And it's worth noting that the medical staff is quite limited:  1 doctor and 2 nurses.  There's only so much they can do, no matter what care they may want to offer, they are limited in the things they can do for #_________ of patients.

Not true. Read this. https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/medical-center

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pstreet12 said:

Misinformation much? This is pretty inconsistent with anything else I've read. Can you discuss your source? Or was that all made up?

14 minutes ago, DHLuCruise said:

Misinformation much? This is pretty inconsistent with anything else I've read. Can you discuss your source? Or was that all made up?

See post #52 for correct information.  Royal is prepared. 

• Like 1

On 12/19/2021 at 7:01 AM, syesmar said:

A passenger who disembarked the Symphony of the Seas yesterday said, after speaking with the medical staff, there was 1 doctor and 2 nurses onboard his particular sailing (link). 

I thonk rhat is called hearsay.  

The Miami Herald reported 48 cases of CV-19 recently on the Symphony.  They quoted some passengers who said the following:

"James Johnson and Connor O’Dell, an engaged couple who live in Orlando, were on Symphony of the Seas with a group of 12 family members. All members of their party were fully vaccinated. Johnson’s aunt started feeling very ill with a sore throat and an ear ache and later developed a strong cough. After testing positive for COVID-19, Johnson said she only received an oxygen and temperature check and were told that medical staff was too overwhelmed to monitor her more closely.

Read more at:

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article256719962.html#storylink=cpy

4 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

The Miami Herald reported 48 cases of CV-19 recently on the Symphony.  They quoted some passengers who said the following:

"James Johnson and Connor O’Dell, an engaged couple who live in Orlando, were on Symphony of the Seas with a group of 12 family members. All members of their party were fully vaccinated. Johnson’s aunt started feeling very ill with a sore throat and an ear ache and later developed a strong cough. After testing positive for COVID-19, Johnson said she only received an oxygen and temperature check and were told that medical staff was too overwhelmed to monitor her more closely.

Read more at:

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article256719962.html#storylink=cpy

That’s generally the treatment at many places.  Most folks aren’t getting someone holding their hand 24x7. 

• Like 1

On 12/19/2021 at 7:01 AM, syesmar said:

…Symphony of the Seas…there was 1 doctor and 2 nurses onboard his particular sailing (link). 

I have now seen posts from multiple passengers aboard who stated the same thing. I understand there was supposed to be more staff and things happen. But it is clear from what I’ve read on this particular sailing, there were stretched thin.