Side by side COVID testing

CruisinPedsNurse

Hello everyone!

Does anyone have any info on COVID testing for a side by side? We will be switching cruise lines. Im thinking about just taking a test with us to test on the ship. Will the medical center on board be able to test?

We will be going from Carnival Sunrise to MSC Seashore.

Many thanks

4 minutes ago, Schoifmom said:

I would recommend using one of the proctored self-tests.  Less stress that way.

Thanks that's what I was thinking as well. I know MSC offers testing for non vaccinated, but it doesn't say anything about vaccinated. Just glad someone else is thinking the same as myself!

3 minutes ago, CruisinPedsNurse said:

Thanks that's what I was thinking as well. I know MSC offers testing for non vaccinated, but it doesn't say anything about vaccinated. Just glad someone else is thinking the same as myself!

Yeah.  I just couldn't imagine the stress of debarking, finding transportation to an off site location, testing, waiting for results, transporting back to the port ... whew!  I'm stressed just thinking about it!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CruisinPedsNurse said:

Hello everyone!

Does anyone have any info on COVID testing for a side by side? We will be switching cruise lines. Im thinking about just taking a test with us to test on the ship. Will the medical center on board be able to test?

We will be going from Carnival Sunrise to MSC Seashore.

Many thanks

We did several “side by sides” prior to covid, carnival to MSC as well, however have resisted booking any recently due to the “testing” drama. Doing a “back to back” in January on Carnival. 

23 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

It's the same as a back to back but something that Cruise Critic came up with. 

That's where you switch ships and b2b you stay on the same ship. Not that I've ever been on either. I just read about other peoples....

Edited by Saint Greg

Thanks everyone for your replies.

A 'side to side" is disembarking one ship and embarking upon another. For our purposes it will be Carnival to MSC.

I think we are just going to take the proctored test with us and test on the first cruise. 

Oh you're switching cruise lines. In that case yeah you'll have to get your own. I don't think carnival will provide you a free test to cruise on MSC 😂

Just now, Saint Greg said:

Oh you're switching cruise lines. In that case yeah you'll have to get your own. I don't think carnival will provide you a free test to cruise on MSC 😂

Interestingly enough though.. my travel agent told me they are owned by the same company which I did not know!

None the less, Ill be doing my own swabbing 

1 minute ago, CruisinPedsNurse said:

Interestingly enough though.. my travel agent told me they are owned by the same company which I did not know!

I think your TA is confused. Carnival owns CCL, Princess, HAL, Seabourn, P&O, Costa, Aida, and Cunard.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, TA was incorrect.  MSC is not one of the Carnival Corporation umbrella of brands.  Carnival, P&O, Princess, Holland America, Cunard, Aida, and Seabourn.

Check with Carnival on what they offer portside.

Recently cruised Princess and they had COVID testing available at the port when you disembarked the boat for people who needed to test to fly home or for other travel plans, not sure if it was free or you paid but did see it available.  Carnival might have something similar set up because they might have foreigners who also need tests to fly home.  

• Thanks 1