Who to Contact to Cancel Cruise Because of New Protocols?

egurbi

8 hours ago, Hogbay said:

Contact your TA and request there booking be released for xyz reasons, they have every right to charge a fee . These are difficult times for TA too all the cancellation etc ,no money coming in .

Someone, on another thread, mentioned that if RCL cancels a cruise, the TA still earns their commission on that cruise.

Also, if you have FCCs are you still tied to the TA for results.

Edited by nelblu

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

Someone, on another thread, mentioned that if RCL cancels a cruise, the TA still earns their commission on that cruise.

Also, if you have FCCs are you still tied to the TA for results.

They only have commissions protected the first cancel .. not if its moved and cancelled again. ..which many of us experienced. TAs lost plenty.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2021 at 4:32 PM, RoyalC said:

Deal directly in the future with RCI to avoid this issue with understaffed T.A.'s. Five cruises booked, all with RCI directly and no issues with phone contact.

And a good TA handles everything, so you don't have to wait on hold (I email mine).  And gives my a good bit of OBC to book through her.

And I have found, she can book cruises before they become available to the public.  I can tell her what I want, and as soon as she can, she books it.  We have been booked several weeks before the cruises were available on the website.

There are some very good reasons to use a TA.

I booked directly with RCCL and cancelled one of the people in our cabin because of them not testing international guests while on board. We aren’t cancelling the rest of the room quite yet. With some persuasion we were able to get a full cash/credit card refund for the one guest despite being a non refundable deposit. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, weezyreid said:

I booked directly with RCCL and cancelled one of the people in our cabin because of them not testing international guests while on board. We aren’t cancelling the rest of the room quite yet. With some persuasion we were able to get a full cash/credit card refund for the one guest despite being a non refundable deposit. 

Any special buzzwords or arguments you care to share that you may have used to be that persuasive?

• Like 1

On 12/19/2021 at 2:47 PM, Hogbay said:

Do you understand that they have a TA ? Customer service will tell them to contact there TA .🙄

For the last time, my message was for ANYONE calling.  Do not call regular reservations, YOU or your TA.   got it.   stop trying to correct me as my message was for any and all readers on this thread and for any and all issue of importance.  RCI Reservations will put you on hold and call over to customer service, so call them directly.  Whomever you are TA or not.   Reservations folks can not do any accounting or changes to your account or issue FCC.  They just put a request in.

Oh and BTW, if you have an FCC coming and did not get one within 6 weeks, then the auto system pushed the request into the resolutions department and so you need to call Customer service.

On 12/19/2021 at 4:32 PM, RoyalC said:

Deal directly in the future with RCI to avoid this issue with understaffed T.A.'s. Five cruises booked, all with RCI directly and no issues with phone contact.

YES  YES   YES  I agree.  Some Agencies have gone out of business too.

But folks think they get wonderful stuff using a TA.  But really do not lose control of your booking,

Anyone with some patience and knowledge can call and talk to RCI directly.   

Now, did you know that HAL and NCL also have in house TA and once assigned, they can help you too.  RCI does not do this so that is why for RCI and X I do my own thing and keep control.  I don't need a bottle of wine or a few OBC.   Some TA are very eager to get new business, but they take their time for updates and changes.   

22 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

Any special buzzwords or arguments you care to share that you may have used to be that persuasive?

I spoke to the customer service line.  They wanted to do the FCC for the non refundable portion of the deposit.  I told them that they changed the vacation I had booked.  I had booked it knowing that the test would be completed prior to leaving the ship.  And their change made it basically impossible for one of our guests to travel as she can't wait for pcr test to come back in the port or airport. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, weezyreid said:

I spoke to the customer service line.  They wanted to do the FCC for the non refundable portion of the deposit.  I told them that they changed the vacation I had booked.  I had booked it knowing that the test would be completed prior to leaving the ship.  And their change made it basically impossible for one of our guests to travel as she can't wait for pcr test to come back in the port or airport. 

That worked for you but using not being able to wait for the PCR results is interesting because the airport has the results in your hands within 30 to 45 minutes after the test.

OP here.  I reached RCI customer service at the phone number given on the letter and asked them to cancel and refund. They said they would. I waited a day and no indication of cancellation.  Like Senator Elizabeth Warren, I "persisted" and after a six hour hold, I was able to reach the booking agent, who cancelled and said refund in 30 to 45 days.  Tough times for everyone.