Move up questions

Islandbuoy

1 hour ago, Islandbuoy said:

anyone else get an upgrade after boarding? Who do we ask about possibles?

The SV next to ours on the Reflection suddenly went vacant a couple days into our cruise.  I'm sure they upgraded, so it certainly happens.

I would check with the Concierge desk to start with.  They upgraded my son and DIL on their honeymoon cruise on the Equinox back in Sept.  They asked after being encouraged by another X employee who found out it was their honeymoon.  Bumped up from a normal veranda to Concierge.

4 hours ago, Stu UK said:

We had a Royal Suite on Apex. Yes the balcony is small v other classes of ship but the cabin was stunning as were the extra perks. 

Totally agree we have done Royal suite twice and penthouse once perks are so nice, unlimited specialty restaurants. Bottle setup of your choice I still have a liter of single malt scotch from my last celebrity cruise. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, George C said:

Totally agree we have done Royal suite twice and penthouse once perks are so nice, unlimited specialty restaurants. Bottle setup of your choice I still have a liter of single malt scotch from my last celebrity cruise. 

I think both of you helped me to decide to switch from the Celebrity to Royal Suite for my January cruise.. I called my TA to upgrade the cabin since there is only one left I don't think I want to haggle through the move up process... But we may try to upgrade again once onboard.🥰

• Like 2

On 12/21/2021 at 6:01 PM, DaKahuna said:

Go to the move up site where it shows your bids.  If you see a cancel or modify button, you can click on the modify button and change your bid.  However I am going to assume, based on your saying one is expired, you are at the stage where you cannot make changes.

Thanks.  I never did see a button to modify my bid but they accepted it anyway.

We bid on the PH on Edge for our October cruise.  Bid was accepted just over $3500 for the 2 of us.  We had been in a Royal Suite. I agree about the balconies on E class.  RS is very small.  PH is long and narrow, and we were surprised that there was no whirlpool tub. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just took a look at this. We're in an RS on the Reflection 2/26/22. The lowest ("weak") bid for the PH is $1,500 pp and the Reflection suite $2,000 pp.

We've sailed in the S class PH 2-3 times, and can't see a real reason to pay $3k more. The Reflection suite (though both it and the PH show as not available w/mock booking) is a unique looking cabin. 

BTW - I'm guessing that the Chef's Table is not an included perk of the RS and higher cabins, correct?

Tom