Straight no nonsense report from Explorer 12/20

Pcardad

37 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Been told active infections among staff including butler(s) from deck 10...passengers have not been told.and are not being tested. Will try to get more Info.

Thanks.  I cannot imagine how difficult this is for the staff.

Reception told us 556 guests on board.

Also told today by Reception that passengers will ONLY need to be tested before St Lucia if they did NOT have a PCR test prior to boarding the Explorer.  Given the PCR test could have been as long ago as 17 December, I’m not sure how valid this will be.

16 hours ago, Pcardad said:

Interesting note...not a single mandatory guest test since boarding on 12/20....nor will there be one before leaving for us citizens. 

And if they were to start "mandatory testing" of everyone....and did result in "positive results".....then what?

8 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Not by ship; only by air. 

Thanks MrLevin

I find this mindboggling 

We had a land based trip , which we cancelled, to Antigua by air.  We needed to take a test to re enter the US  but a code yellow cruise ship (with known cases) that stopped in the Caribbean doesn't have to test US citizens to re enter if its a US port. 

Edited by RetiredandTravel

52 minutes ago, RetiredandTravel said:

I find this mindboggling 

We had a land based trip , which we cancelled, to Antigua by air.  We needed to take a test to re enter the US  but a code yellow cruise ship (with known cases) that stopped in the Caribbean doesn't have to test US citizens to re enter if its a US port. 

You did not need the test to entry the US, just to get on the plane to fly internationally. (Maybe soon to just get on a plane to fly within your state!)

Edited by cwn

10 minutes ago, RetiredandTravel said:

I guess we might call it an "anomaly" in our travel policy.  Thousands of people are arriving into the U.S. every day by land without need for any testing or vaccination documentation.  The same for sea travel.  But the testing requirement is in place for international air travel.  "It is a puzzlement".

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, pingpong1 said:

I guess we might call it an "anomaly" in our travel policy.  Thousands of people are arriving into the U.S. every day by land without need for any testing or vaccination documentation.  The same for sea travel.  But the testing requirement is in place for international air travel.  "It is a puzzlement".

Agreed.

I don't really care that much about the cruise test requirement but as you mention it would be nice to have some consistency. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cwn said:

You did not need the test to entry the US, just to get on the plane to fly internationally. (Maybe soon to just get on a plane to fly within your state!)

This is a USA entry requirement. It’s not a requirement of the airlines, or of the country you’re leaving from, although the airline personnel is responsible for verifying your Covid test result

On 12/29/2021 at 6:25 PM, labonnevie said:

At what time and in what venue is Trivia being held?

Same ? for afternoon tea..

Or have they been canceled?

Both are still on as of today.  Trivia in the Observation Lounge at 1630 hours and tea in Meridian at 1600.

• Thanks 1

A very brief summary...the staff and crew of the Explorer went above and beyond in dealing with an increasingly difficult situation. We are extremely grateful to them and it was wonderful to sail again. To those of you on the fence...it may not be the exact same as it once was but the care and dedication of the crew more than makes up for the uncertainties of Covid. Thank you Regent Explorer!

Ps...the internet is still slow...😀

• Like 7
  • Haha 1