Straight no nonsense report from Explorer 12/20

Pcardad

Lines to get tested and sign in were horrific. 2.5 hours start to finish. Cooking classes cancelled. Some excursions cancelled. Premium internet slow...regular internet is worse. Good news is that it is Wonderful to be back...the crew is doing everything they can to make this a wonderful experience. If you are on the fence get off it and come back as soon as you can. Will answer any questions i can...

20211220_124444.jpg

20211220_124446.jpg

20211220_133101.jpg

Screenshot_20211220-153443_Speedtest.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pcardad said:

Lines to get tested and sign in were horrific. 2.5 hours start to finish. Cooking classes cancelled. Some excursions cancelled. Premium internet slow...regular internet is worse. Good news is that it is Wonderful to be back...the crew is doing everything they can to make this a wonderful experience. If you are on the fence get off it and come back as soon as you can. Will answer any questions i can...

20211220_124444.jpg

20211220_124446.jpg

20211220_133101.jpg

Screenshot_20211220-153443_Speedtest.jpg

We were on the Explorer Nov 15th  it was one of the fasted boarding we've experienced, ten cruises on Regent😉 

Your Speedtest results. In my experience, your 2.2M/bs down and .77 M/bs up results are quite good. When I was on the Splendor (11/11- 12/7) I would only get that good on download speed at 4 am. Most of the time the downloads were closer to 1 M/bs, or lower.

Our testing in Athens looked just as bad, but it only took about an hour or so. Not a fun way to start a cruise. Hope it gets better when you are onboard. 

J

11 hours ago, Avidtravler said:

The CDC has the Explorer as yellow at this moment. How many cases do you have on board now, and how is Regent dealing with the situation ?

None that I know of...it seems to be a carryover from last cruise. Here is this morning's internet teport...1000am on the pool deck which is fairly deserted due to adding an hour last night.

Screenshot_20211222-092824_Speedtest.jpg

On 12/21/2021 at 9:39 PM, Avidtravler said:

The CDC has the Explorer as yellow at this moment. How many cases do you have on board now, and how is Regent dealing with the situation ?

None that I know of...it seems to be a carryover from last cruise. Here is this morning's internet teport...1000am on the pool deck which is fairly deserted due to adding an hour last night.

On 12/21/2021 at 9:01 PM, labonnevie said:

Are masks required in the fitness room? When using equipment (treadmills, bikes)?

I tried to post this yesterday evening, but the internet timed out during the upload.

Also onboard and hope Pcardad does not mind the addition to his thread.  Masks are required in the gym, just like any other public space onboard.  But compliance is not 100 percent.

5 hours ago, loriva said:

I tried to post this yesterday evening, but the internet timed out during the upload.

Also onboard and hope Pcardad does not mind the addition to his thread.  Masks are required in the gym, just like any other public space onboard.  But compliance is not 100 percent.

Ridiculous, but not surprising 

• Like 1

Last night I lost all remaining respect for Splendor's handling of the mask mandate. It had been bad enough with regard to enforcement and even crew compliance but last night when twenty passengers are unmasked dancing and singing on dance floor I started wondering why I am being so compliant.  Why am I wearing a mask walking down an empty passageway or when I am in cabin with stewardess whilst other somewhat potentially more dangerous behavior is going on. 

I really want Regent to return to mask optional policy.

Marc

• Like 1