Covid Pre-Testing in January of 2022

Clownfish Cruiser

3 hours ago, Coral said:

I just want to warn people to ask about the tests your local CVS offers (or any place). My CVS was only offering PCR tests and I was told 3-7 days for their PCR tests. CVS in my area was not doing rapid tests.

My health provider says 2-3 days for PCR results but we have been getting results in 10 hours or so

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, chamima said:

I was just watching the video on how to take the proctored test and it says you need a picture ID.

I have 2 young granddaughters who will be sailing with us (6 and 8 and totally vaxxed) but they have no picture IDs.

Now what?

Check with your DMV, most states can issue a State ID.  You will need proof of

identity, like birth certificates.  Call ahead of time to verify what you meed to bring.

If they have passports, of course that would work.  Mine had passports very early, as we traveled a lot.

If you can’t get a state ID, check with your local library or police department.

You could also call emed to ask. 
Tonna

35 minutes ago, chamima said:

I was just watching the video on how to take the proctored test and it says you need a picture ID.

I have 2 young granddaughters who will be sailing with us (6 and 8 and totally vaxxed) but they have no picture IDs.

Now what?

You don't need picture ID for them. They take the tests under your account (you show your ID). We've done this three times.  Don't listen to others speculate. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

You don't need picture ID for them. They take the tests under your account (you show your ID). We've done this three times.  Don't listen to others speculate. 

Thanks!

That's what I figured but didn't want to have any nasty surprises immediately before this cruise .

I know they need the birth certificates to get on the ship but those have no photos either.

Edited by chamima
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, chamima said:

Thanks!

That's what I figured but didn't want to have any nasty surprises immediately before this cruise .

I know they need the birth certificates to get on the ship but those have no photos either.

Ours have passports, which they did check with the negative tests and vaccination cards. But absolutely birth certificates will do. 

On 12/27/2021 at 6:30 PM, pilot said:

Has anyone used BeeperMd for their pre cruise Covid test in Fort Lauderdale?

I haven’t, but put Beepermd 

in the search term bar at the top of

the forums…quite a few threads of

people and their experience with

beepermd.

On 12/27/2021 at 6:30 PM, pilot said:

Has anyone used BeeperMd for their pre cruise Covid test in Fort Lauderdale?

Pilot -

If you're in Fort Lauderdale try Lab Doctor.

Lots of good reports about them.

Please note our updated holiday schedule:
FRIDAY DEC 24TH We will be open 8AM-4PM
SATURDAY DEC 25 We expect to be closed, but we may be available on emergency needs only - PLEASE CALL A DAY BEFORE.
SUNDAY DEC 26 We will be open 8AM-4PM
FRIDAY DEC 31ST We will be open 8AM-4PM
SATURDAY JAN 1ST We expect to be closed, but we may be available on emergency needs only - PLEASE CALL A DAY BEFORE.
SUNDAY JAN 2ND We will be open 8AM-4PM
🎄 ☃️🎄 ☃️🎄 ☃️🎄 ☃️🎄 ☃️🎄 ☃️🎄 ☃️

Thank you, 
Yvonna 
Office Manager
LAB DOC+OR

www.LabDoctor.Org

1425-A SE 17th Street, 
Fort Lauderdale, Fl 33316
Phone: 954-530-4447

40 minutes ago, chamima said:

Pilot -

If you're in Fort Lauderdale try Lab Doctor.

Lots of good reports about them.

Please note our updated holiday schedule:
FRIDAY DEC 24TH We will be open 8AM-4PM
SATURDAY DEC 25 We expect to be closed, but we may be available on emergency needs only - PLEASE CALL A DAY BEFORE.
SUNDAY DEC 26 We will be open 8AM-4PM
FRIDAY DEC 31ST We will be open 8AM-4PM
SATURDAY JAN 1ST We expect to be closed, but we may be available on emergency needs only - PLEASE CALL A DAY BEFORE.
SUNDAY JAN 2ND We will be open 8AM-4PM
🎄 ☃️🎄 ☃️🎄 ☃️🎄 ☃️🎄 ☃️🎄 ☃️🎄 ☃️

Thank you, 
Yvonna 
Office Manager
LAB DOC+OR

www.LabDoctor.Org

1425-A SE 17th Street, 
Fort Lauderdale, Fl 33316
Phone: 954-530-4447

Thanks!

I know all Princess ships depart from PE, but if anyone is in Miami/flying into MIA pre-cruise, there are some easy options that DO NOT require appointments: 

- There's a testing center at the airport, outside Terminal E arrivals. They charge for the tests, but results are almost instant. 

- City of Miami has numerous testing/vaccine sites around the city. Testing is free (antigen or PCR). We had to wait in line for 90 mins yesterday but got our results in less than an hour. 

43 minutes ago, nymshowdown said:

I know all Princess ships depart from PE, but if anyone is in Miami/flying into MIA pre-cruise, there are some easy options that DO NOT require appointments: 

- There's a testing center at the airport, outside Terminal E arrivals. They charge for the tests, but results are almost instant. 

- City of Miami has numerous testing/vaccine sites around the city. Testing is free (antigen or PCR). We had to wait in line for 90 mins yesterday but got our results in less than an hour. 

Also Nomi Health is at Ft Lauderdale airport, others have posted using them successfully.  You can make an appointment or walkin and wait till available.

Here’s the link to check it out.

https://testing.nomihealth.com/easy_registration/34/onsite

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

Also Nomi Health is at Ft Lauderdale airport, others have posted using them successfully.  You can make an appointment or walkin and wait till available.

You will need to show your airline ticket

or copy of it.  Doesn’t matter if it’s a week later or whatever.  They don’t take insurance, but you can submit it to your insurance.

Hope this helps some one.

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Nomi health is who I used back home (I used them and Walgreens). I thought Nomi was great. Though people are posting back home that their line is 2 hours long. I got results from them in less than 20 minutes.

Edited by Coral