Second person half price?

DaveOKC

47 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

Try a travel agent.  The fare is out there.  And for us, an awesome opportunity.

Thanks but I'm not interested in this cruise.  I just wanted to see what this promo looks like online.  I might be tempted to book something for fall if the price was right.  It shouldn't be super double secret.  Thank you for posting a cruise that this promo applies to.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, KAKcruiser said:

I haven't been able to access this promo doing a dummy booking with my mariner number.  Any ideas?

Either call HAL or your TA and ask them to give you the price of the cruise using the promo.  They can tell you if the promo is available on that sailing or not and answer any questions you have.

32 minutes ago, KAKcruiser said:

Called HAL and they said the cruise was covered by the promo but my mariner number didn't work and to call the mariner society.  Mariner society said my number was fine and to call reservations again.  It shouldn't be this much trouble.

You're right, it shouldn't be that much trouble.  Sigh...

• Like 1

On 12/28/2021 at 3:42 PM, FlaMariner said:

A shout out to the OP and others who posted this info about the BOGO 1/2 off promotion for 3 Star Mariners.

We are 3 Star Mariners and did not get the offer but we just priced out an April TA and it was eligible so we booked.  Fare comes out to $83 per person for a balcony guarantee.  And yes, we are fine with obstructed view balcony.  We are in!

Another reason to love Cruise Critic!  Thanks for sharing the info!

I agree.  I was able to book two cruises with this promotion after reading about it here.  Although, I did get the snail mail yesterday advertising this promo.

I saw this discount between Christmas and New Year for my April 3rd cruise.  I tried calling any PCC (mine was on vacation) but after 3 hour wait didn't get through.  When I did talk to my PCC on Jan 3rd, she said it would be an option as a cancel rebook (that day final payment was due)... however, the cruise was almost completely FCC that would have expired on 12/31.  So she couldn't cancel without loosing my FCC.

I am disappointed that HAL wouldn't compensate at least a little something since they had such limited customer service in place leading up to the end of the year.  But no.  😞

11 minutes ago, dockman said:

I wish HAL would offer some cruises with no single supplement like princess is doing.

Amen to that. I've been fine in the single "OO" cabins on Koningsdam, & the other Pinnacle ships, but a more reasonable surcharge 25-40%  would really help!

• Like 1