Cruise With Confidence 3 booked in a cabin Two still want to go now, One wants to get FCC

Kiran

Have not been in this situation but we have found Celebrity very understanding about swapping and changing in recent months. 

If the person opting out is guest three then the situation will be easier as they will have paid less and guest one and two fares will remain the same.  If they are listed as guest two then guest three will have to pay the difference between the guest three and guest two fares as the third person reduced fare will not apply.

Suggest you contact them asap and do some calculations first if they are listed as guest two.

Thank you for your response. 

Guest 3 is my college Daughter who doesn't want to risk Omicron and be delayed returning to college.

Guest 1 is my Mom, 90, who is afraid she might not still be around to cruise in a few months.

Guest 2 is me.

Will contact TA tomorrow. 

5 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Thank you for your response. 

Guest 3 is my college Daughter who doesn't want to risk Omicron and be delayed returning to college.

Guest 1 is my Mom, 90, who is afraid she might not still be around to cruise in a few months.

Guest 2 is me.

Will contact TA tomorrow. 

Sincere best wishes Celebrity can sort things out for you. It should make it easier that your daughter is guest three as no price adjustments should need to be made.  

We had concerns about a recent cruise and Celebrity were very cooperative enabling us to swap to something we were comfortable with, hopefully they will be for you too. Totally understand the views of both your mother and daughter….Life certainly is not easy at present. Hard decisions where you don’t know if you are doing right or wrong…

Can I suggest you report back after contact with Celebrity via your TA? I am sure in the months that come many other cruisers will find themselves in similar circumstances.

7 hours ago, chemmo said:

Sincere best wishes Celebrity can sort things out for you. It should make it easier that your daughter is guest three as no price adjustments should need to be made.  

Typically, the fare is re-adjusted to two passengers.  This could mean a price increase if there was some sort of promotional pricing for the 3rd passenger or the price can stay the same.  

I was told to cancel under CWC, everyone in the room must cancel.  If just one person cancels from the room, the regular cancellation penalties applies. 

19 hours ago, crusinthrough said:

Typically, the fare is re-adjusted to two passengers.  This could mean a price increase if there was some sort of promotional pricing for the 3rd passenger or the price can stay the same.  

I was told to cancel under CWC, everyone in the room must cancel.  If just one person cancels from the room, the regular cancellation penalties applies. 

Let us hope for Kieran’s daughter’s  benefit that  you were given wrong information.

20 hours ago, crusinthrough said:

My TA confirmed that this is the case from Celebrity's standpoint.  I know that is is not your situation, but, according to my TA, if one person tests positive for Covid and one tests negative, the negative one can sale, and the positive one can be refunded through travel insurance, if any.

2 hours ago, Pushkin said:

My TA confirmed that this is the case from Celebrity's standpoint.  I know that is is not your situation, but, according to my TA, if one person tests positive for Covid and one tests negative, the negative one can sale, and the positive one can be refunded through travel insurance, if any.

I think the difference is cancelling under CWC because you don't want to sail is different from someone testing positive and cannot sail.

Today Celebrity was willing to let my roommate cancel under CWC then let me pay the difference in fare to not cancel.  I presume now the push is for people not to cancel. 

4 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Let us hope for Kieran’s daughter’s  benefit that  you were given wrong information.

I stated the common practice not necessarily information from a customer service rep.  Let's hope in this scenario the consistent inconsistent practices by Celebrity apply.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, crusinthrough said:

I think the difference is cancelling under CWC because you don't want to sail is different from someone testing positive and cannot sail.

Today Celebrity was willing to let my roommate cancel under CWC then let me pay the difference in fare to not cancel.  I presume now the push is for people not to cancel. 

I would agree Celebrity would probably prefer to accept ‘bending’ the rules slightly rather than sail with another empty cabin. 

When we needed to do some swapping during the Summer agents we talked to clearly understood the dilemmas people were facing about ‘to cruise, not to cruise…’ and were very supportive. The supportiveness and flexibility of Celebrity for our last cruise made us feel more confident about booking two more…A win win for the customer and the company.

5 hours ago, crusinthrough said:

I stated the common practice not necessarily information from a customer service rep.  Let's hope in this scenario the consistent inconsistent practices by Celebrity apply.  

I agree from following several posts that at times there seems to be some inconsistency about Celebrity showing flexibility. I wonder if it depends on the experience of who you talk to? Someone lacking experience may simply follow the rules, someone with experience may be more aware that sometimes discretion can be applied. Also someone with experience may also have the authority to make a change to procedures whereas the less experienced agent may not. I would suggest to the OP that if they do not get a positive response that it may be worth politely requesting to talk to a supervisor….

9 hours ago, crusinthrough said:

I don't think this is a deviation from what normally happens.  It's like a no-show of one passenger, their taxes/fees are refunded and the cruise fare is in penalty so it is retained by the cruise line.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, crusinthrough said:

Good news.  Was the difference in fare for you negligible?

I had to go through Travel Agency and waited until Today.

Celebrity said CWC usually for entire booking. But under the circumstances they would keep 2 passengers as asked and issue a FCC for third passenger.

So that FCC can be half of a new cruise, just me and my daughter!

And I get to cruise now with my Mom.

Very Happy with outcome.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2021 at 9:04 AM, wrk2cruise said:

I don't think this is a deviation from what normally happens.  It's like a no-show of one passenger, their taxes/fees are refunded and the cruise fare is in penalty so it is retained by the cruise line.

There is a difference.  My roommate would have have received a FCC for their fare for cancelling under CWC not just taxes and port fees returned as with a no show.  Previously, I was told everyone in the room had to participate in CWC to get the FCC.

On 12/28/2021 at 10:29 AM, Pushkin said:

Good news.  Was the difference in fare for you negligible?

There was no difference in fare.  The cruise was not repriced.  I would pay what my roommate already paid and would get back in the FCC.  I ended up canceling as well since I have another one scheduled for the end of Jan.