Reports from Carnival Panorama

smellywax

My group of 10 just canceled our Jan 8 cruise.Just did not want to take a chance with all the positive cases on the ship.The crew is in such confined spaces that it spread so easily.We will wait till all this is over,if ever ,and  book another cruise.

• Like 2

Guest BasicSailor
2 hours ago, smellywax said:

I did notice that they did not do any full production shows in the main show lounge…just singing on stools or standing and singing or comedy shows. No shows with additional sets and dancing. That was a little disappointing for others in our group. And reports now say there are 69 positive crew with at least 100 isolated because of contact.

Crew 69-100 positives are you seeing signs of the healthy crew being over worked. 

39 minutes ago, dianef said:

My group of 10 just canceled our Jan 8 cruise.Just did not want to take a chance with all the positive cases on the ship.The crew is in such confined spaces that it spread so easily.We will wait till all this is over,if ever ,and  book another cruise.

Were you on Mardi Gras? 

Guest BasicSailor
1 hour ago, smellywax said:

Yes our room steward took over 8 more cabins next to us for another guy

Wow, such a work-related overload 😬. I know people love the Carnival staff as well as I do, but this is beyond and above their expectations.

3 hours ago, dianef said:

How were you able to cancel?  We are due to leave in February and they say that it is nonrefundable.  I still want to go but my husband is getting nervous and the news is constantly showing negative press about cruise ships in general.  Thank you.

28 minutes ago, weluvtravel said:

How were you able to cancel?  We are due to leave in February and they say that it is nonrefundable.  I still want to go but my husband is getting nervous and the news is constantly showing negative press about cruise ships in general.  Thank you.

Wait a while before you make a decision. Currently what they are telling you may be correct, but if the situation has not improved as your sailing date approaches they will probably offer something like this:

https://view.carnivalcruiselineemail.com/?qs=c77e5e59b973f05d6f00c504624fd9e5869118035a3e1bb51b366f486e2b52b2c2974004e651f67c5c9155010fc2be39b45b57c3e2aa413769fa228920330f790020b0dd52048f6f8afe493fe3b5f157

Look at the next to last paragraph.

28 minutes ago, icft said:

Wait a while before you make a decision. Currently what they are telling you may be correct, but if the situation has not improved as your sailing date approaches they will probably offer something like this:

https://view.carnivalcruiselineemail.com/?qs=c77e5e59b973f05d6f00c504624fd9e5869118035a3e1bb51b366f486e2b52b2c2974004e651f67c5c9155010fc2be39b45b57c3e2aa413769fa228920330f790020b0dd52048f6f8afe493fe3b5f157

Look at the next to last paragraph.

20 minutes ago, dianef said:

We were able to get a full refund because it was before January 14.It took over 3 hours to get through to Carnival.My son did it and was able to cancel all our cabins.

Thanks for the replies!

1 hour ago, Joebucks said:

Can't wait to read all of the threads now complaining because people didn't get their second set of towels each day.

Keep in mind we are only getting one service per day.  When we cruised the Vista in August, our room steward gave us a choice of AM or PM service.  On the Radiance inaugural sailing, our room steward did not give us a choice.  It was mid-day service only.  I am sure you could call for those extra towels if you need them.  

5 hours ago, dcsham said:

👆

Perfect example of what I’m talking about. Someone on a cruising forum taking perverse pleasure about cancellations, hoping it happens. 🙄

But, based on your previous posts, doesn't this mean it will make "more room for us" ?

I canceled my Jan29th cruise on the PANORAMA and got a full refund a couple of months ago, but still get 2-3 emails a day with offers of $10 a day to rebook that cruise or a the week earlier cruise. Ironic that port fees and taxes, gratuities, and parking take on the major expenses of a cruise combined with the pre-testing, masks on board, possible missed ports takes on real negatives, or perverse as you say.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, drjpreston said:

What was the temperatures like? We leave Jan. 8. Trying to decide what to pack.

It was cold first day and last. It was warm enough in port for shorts and cool enough for jeans and a T-shirt. The temperature on board was comfortable enough for short or long sleeve. I would just bring a light jacket or sweater.

On 12/27/2021 at 10:35 AM, Joe817 said:

The big question is "why?"  Have you been given ANY explanation from Carnival or port authorities? 

Please keep us posted! 

I am guessing here but Mexico is NOT the U.S. They do NOT have the mechanisms in play to test out 4,000 additional people on a whims notice nor take mass causalities in their port cities given the sieges they are already under but a grossly non reported by Media. So, that is the most logical explanation I could guess at. Doesn't seem that far fetched. Hence forth also why Government decided to buy 500.000,000 additional test kits in AMERICA as I think airplane flights and many other mass transit, closed air ventilation system transport systems are gojng to be hit with lots of added masking and testing req's they may have been exempted from up until recent "new" variant assault on the world...Be flexible or be angry. Your choice.

Edited by Youyoyotoo

On 12/28/2021 at 2:16 PM, JT1962 said:

Looks like the issue may be resolved. 

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/mexico-says-cruise-ships-with-coronavirus-cases-can-dock/

MEXICO CITY (AP) — The Mexican government said Wednesday it will allow cruise ships carrying people infected with the coronavirus to dock. 

The announcement came after two Mexican ports refused to allowed passengers ashore because their ships had coronavirus cases. 

The Health Department said passengers or crew who show no symptoms will be allowed to come ashore normally, while those with symptoms or a positive virus test will be quarantined or given medical care. 

The department said a cruise ship that was prevented from docking at one Pacific coast port will be allowed to dock farther north, at the port of Guaymas. That was an apparent reference to a ship that was supposed to dock at Puerto Vallarta a few days ago but was not allowed to do so.   

Early in the pandemic, some cruise ships wandered the seas for weeks seeking a port that would allow them to dock with coronavirus cases aboard.  

Mexico is one of the few countries in the world that has instituted no travel restrictions, no testing requirements and no mandatory face mask wearing for visitors. The government argues such measures would be counterproductive for the economy, for which tourism revenues account for about 8.5% of GDP.

With more than 800.000 AMERICANS in world class healthcare systems dies within the first 24 months, our neighbor (pretty much mostly 3rd world) denial of reasonable measures for its people and visitors is absolutely insane IMO. All in pursuit of not hurting 8.5% GDP totals COMING FROM AMERICAN and foreign visitors. Hmmm.

On 12/28/2021 at 10:10 AM, chengkp75 said:

The difference is that the Alaska exemption benefited US citizens and businesses in Alaska, while the Mexican one would benefit strictly foreign corporations.  And, given the rising numbers of covid cases on cruises, I don't think there are as many supporters for a cruise line exemption these days.

When the cargo is humans in the millions per year, I think it MAY/Should.

On 1/2/2022 at 2:05 AM, smellywax said:

It was cold first day and last. It was warm enough in port for shorts and cool enough for jeans and a T-shirt. The temperature on board was comfortable enough for short or long sleeve. I would just bring a light jacket or sweater.

wow sounds just like the weather leaving from NJ/NY area.  I would have thought being southern CA it would have been different.   And as far as inside, air conditioning is something to deal with and always have a light jacket or sweater of some kind.  They do get carried away with a/c on ships. boo!!!