Current Britannia late sitting experience

aday10

Would love to know more details on the vegan options; 

On prior trips I made copies of the menu. I'm sorry to say I didn't do that this time so I can't share any. But, as I recall, there was always at least one and probably two items that appealed to me. And there used to be a separate vegan/vegetarian menu that you could see and place a special order from the day before. I don't know if that's still available because I never felt the need to order from it. In the interest of full disclosure, I have to say that I'm vegan only about 90% of the time. Maybe there will be other vegans that can chime in?

Edited by frankp01

10 hours ago, foodsvcmgr said:

Fabulous news Belle if accurate.

I was hoping this would be the case.

I like Britannia Club, but if the price difference from the main Britannia is too extreme glad to have the option of late fixed seating without being forced to upgrade.

Consider Booking Britannia but dine V (or Alternative) if the following evening’s menu was not attractive, or time the does not suit.

On 2/3/2022 at 3:08 AM, SybilUnrest said:

One or two items that sound appetizing is plenty! Thank you for taking the time to respond- it’s much appreciated.

A sample of QE's dinner menu https://www.cunard.com/content/dam/cunard/marketing-assets/pdf/life-on-board/example-menus/britannia-dinner.pdf note they say Vegetarian not Vegan

• 7 months later...
On 2/2/2022 at 10:08 PM, SybilUnrest said:

One or two items that sound appetizing is plenty!

I don't know why, but your request for vegan menu items just popped into my head. Have you had your journey yet. And, if so, how did you fare - menu-wise?

Hmm...  in 11 days I am solo on QM2 for a 14-day cruise; I really like "traditional seating"... for me that is the same large table (6-8 ppl) at 8:30PM... I hope I can figure it out. 

Many years ago on a cruise on a the old REGAL EMPRESS I knew the ship was over-crowded, so I rushed down to visit the dining room maitre d' during embarkation and slipped him $100 for a private table of 4 for me & my three friends.   Worked like a charm!  😉

Perhaps just a data point - 

In November we're on QM2's 13-night Caribbean voyage. We're confirmed in second seating with a request for a table for 6. There's nothing in Manage My Booking about open seating for second seating. I believe I saw that option earlier for a different sailing.

12 minutes ago, Underwatr said:

Perhaps just a data point - 

In November we're on QM2's 13-night Caribbean voyage. We're confirmed in second seating with a request for a table for 6. There's nothing in Manage My Booking about open seating for second seating. I believe I saw that option earlier for a different sailing.

Great news!    I hope it's the same for me - but as of now "Manage My Booking" says:

Early Seating 6PM (available) 

OR 

Late Seating (anytime after 7:45)

<quote>

I miss the days of dinner being the occasion...  now the staff rushes you out so you "can make it to the shows"...  LOL...  aka so they can wrap up and go to bed.  

• Like 1

On 9/8/2022 at 1:27 PM, frankp01 said:

I don't know why, but your request for vegan menu items just popped into my head. Have you had your journey yet. And, if so, how did you fare - menu-wise?

We did! We crossed in July and I had a wonderful time- the food was all very very good and I cannot wait for another opportunity to cross.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Underwatr said:

Screenshot of my dining selection:

821631167_Screenshot2022-09-1211_21_39AM.png.1e68c20362bdfb66fc2fa041c6e2784e.png

Perhaps "register preference" means something I don't understand. Highlighting the circled i reveals "This will not be confirmed until you are on board."

Surely it means they have registered the fact that late dining is your preference, are unable to confirm the availability at present but will let you know when it is they know, either way.