Getting on and off :)

Softball20

For those on board now or just recently back, how has it been getting on and off for port days or for embarkation?  Is it like the "herding cats" situation of pre-covid days, or is Celebrity finding ways to get the guests off the ship in an orderly and socially distanced way?  Still debating whether we are sailing on the Equinox next week or putting it off.  

I've been on Equinox for a B2B in September and all it was very orderly.   With only 700-800 pax it was very efficient.   Just like before they begin with walk offs and then start calling numbers.    There did seem to be a big crowd for walkoff and no social distancing.    They ask people to stay in public areas until number is called.  

If you wanted to insure social distancing I would just wait on the ship in a nice location and when they announce last call leave the ship (approximately 9:15).   You will almost be alone.    Customs / Immigration has been enhanced and they have been using facial recognition so have not experienced these huge lines.    You just walk up to ta camera and get a green check mark and are cleared.

11 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I've been on Equinox for a B2B in September and all it was very orderly.   With only 700-800 pax it was very efficient.   Just like before they begin with walk offs and then start calling numbers.    There did seem to be a big crowd for walkoff and no social distancing.    They ask people to stay in public areas until number is called.  

If you wanted to insure social distancing I would just wait on the ship in a nice location and when they announce last call leave the ship (approximately 9:15).   You will almost be alone.    Customs / Immigration has been enhanced and they have been using facial recognition so have not experienced these huge lines.    You just walk up to ta camera and get a green check mark and are cleared.

Your information seems to be about disembarking on the last day. The OP was asking about on/off in ports and at embarkation.

OP, Unless there is a tender situation, you won’t encounter numbers being called to allow groups to leave the ships.