Pre cruise evening

Scubadoc

Beginning to think we might actually be on a cruise ship January 14. Have not allowed myself to think too much about it until now but it’s time!

Using some Hilton points to have a special night at the Conrad in Fort Lauderdale before our cruise. Seems like a wonderful hotel. Anyone have a great recommendation for a romantic dinner in Fort Lauderdale not too far away? Or some thing else you really enjoy doing in Fort Lauderdale the night before a cruise?

The water taxi (www.watertaxi.com) is always a great means of transportation with an included sightseeing cruise.  It is a great ride at anytime but especially at night.  The mansions and yachts you pass are lit up (and looking in the windows is fun).  The water taxi site also lists discounts at restaurants near each stop.

You might want to post your questions on the Florida Departures board too:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/386-florida-departures/

• Like 1

The Conrad Beach Resort is a little north of the central Ft. Lauderdale beach area. There are lots of sidewalk eating areas along the road. Personally I would not risk being exposed to Covid before I boarded a ship and would avoid any indoor or close dining. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I tend to agree.  I would not venture out like that...but to each his own!  Stay safe & be careful!

Rule 1 is make sure you embark.  Arrive quayside a day early and reduce risk of contracting infections.  Ideally travel by car as a group and not share public transport.

Regards John

• Haha 1

Well since I have traveled 267 days for my work this year in 4 countries, vaccinated, boosted and healthy,  I live life freely when it comes to restaurants etc. Fine with others disagreeing. 

Thanx for advice!  Will try the water taxi and maybe Primanti. Happy new year to all. 

• Like 1