Covid Isolation Protocols Changed

Razryn

9 hours ago, cruisegus said:

WoW! you got to quarantine / isolate in a balcony cabin.  What a deal, almost best I've heard.

Maybe you didn't read the part about her not being able to use the balcony. She opened the balcony door to set the alarm off to  actually talk to somebody.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sammee said:

Maybe you didn't read the part about her not being able to use the balcony. She opened the balcony door to set the alarm off to  actually talk to somebody.

I don't think that what was said.  You can go out on the balcony but you close the door behind you.  If you want attention leave the balcony door open, you can stay in the room or on the balcony.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I don't think that what was said.  You can go out on the balcony but you close the door behind you.  If you want attention leave the balcony door open, you can stay in the room or on the balcony.

Not so sure about that. If I'm wrong, I apologize, but I've seen posts on different groups, not to happy about losing the ability to use the balcony, along with cc posts. I think we can all agree, it sucks to be in that predicament.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

This is wrong.  You can not go out on the balcony. We were told to stay off of the balcony and keep the door closed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rosy Season said:

This is wrong.  You can not go out on the balcony. We were told to stay off of the balcony and keep the door closed.

I give up--what is the logic to not letting you use the balcony?. (I didn't read all the previous pages, just started from the most recent)

1 minute ago, Rosy Season said:

I have no idea what the logic was.

Ok. Not trying to be argumentative, but what is the penalty for going out on the balcony? At this point, what will they do, throw you in the brig?  😁 It seems a bit heavy-handed to prevent people from going out to get some air or change the view.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rosy Season said:

I have no idea what the logic was.

Did you leave the door open when you were out on the balcony?  Or did you close the door when you were out there?  You said there was an alarm that went off and GS called you to close the door?  Did they tell you why?  How are you feeling now?  Did you have to quarantine on land? 

Just now, NoWhiners said:

Ok. Not trying to be argumentative, but what is the penalty for going out on the balcony? At this point, what will they do, throw you in the brig?  😁 It seems a bit heavy-handed to prevent people from going out to get some air or change the view.

Again, no idea.  We received NO communication or protocols.  I did not know what was going to happen to me as I was walking off to be disembarked.  

• Like 1

Again, no idea.  We received NO communication or protocols.  I did not know what was going to happen to me as I was walking off to be disembarked.  

Have you and your child now made it home?  If you posted about that, I missed it. 🙂 

• Like 1

Nice getaway 😉 Best of luck for the rest of your trip.

7 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Did you leave the door open when you were out on the balcony?  Or did you close the door when you were out there?  You said there was an alarm that went off and GS called you to close the door?  Did they tell you why?  How are you feeling now?  Did you have to quarantine on land? 

No, you couldn't go out there.  You weren't supposed to open the door at all.  It was purely ornamental to let light in - not air.  They told us nothing.

We're fine now and we did have to quarantine on land before coming home.

• Like 1

Just now, Rosy Season said:

No, you couldn't go out there.  You weren't supposed to open the door at all.  It was purely ornamental to let light in - not air.  They told us nothing.

We're fine now and we did have to quarantine on land before coming home.

Glad you and family are okay now.  That must have been a bummer of an experience.  So sorry to hear.  Has the cruise line followed up with you?   

• Like 2

20 hours ago, HappyInVan said:

Rosy was quarantined with her sick DD on the Harmony. Had a terrible time. She alerted the media and the rest of us to their plight. She was interviewed, and quoted in the evening news on WESH (Orlando). The broadcaster included Rosy's pictures of a trash infested hallway.

You can catch up by reading Rosy's posts, if you have the time.

I saw the pictures of the hallway. I did not see  "trash infested" hallways. I saw red bags outside cabins. I saw some cabins that the occupants threw out their trash in worse form than some of the other occupants. I'm guessing the occupants who did that werent too thrilled about being quarantined.  Ok, that's understandable. But, I'm not sure that it warrants tossing empty food containers out the door on the floor like that though, lol.  The hallways in the pictures posted did not look as horrible as some of the language posted implied. It wasn't a pretty scene, but it also wasn't a landfill either.  But, we all have different perceptions of things. Good night 🙂

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, blueslily said:

I saw the pictures of the hallway. I did not see  "trash infested" hallways. I saw red bags outside cabins. I saw some cabins that the occupants threw out their trash in worse form than some of the other occupants. I'm guessing the occupants who did that werent too thrilled about being quarantined.  Ok, that's understandable. But, I'm not sure that it warrants tossing empty food containers out the door on the floor like that though, lol.  The hallways in the pictures posted did not look as horrible as some of the language posted implied. It wasn't a pretty scene, but it also wasn't a landfill either.  But, we all have different perceptions of things. Good night 🙂

You also didn't smell it.  It was there for days, it was there before I even got there.  Would you have been happy if that sat outside of your stateroom for 4-5 days?  Probably not, so I'm not sure why I should be held to a higher standard of acceptance just because we caught Covid.

And frankly, that was just one piece of a whole situation that was abysmal.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Rosy Season said:

You also didn't smell it.  It was there for days, it was there before I even got there.  Would you have been happy if that sat outside of your stateroom for 4-5 days?  Probably not, so I'm not sure why I should be held to a higher standard of acceptance just because we caught Covid.

And frankly, that was just one piece of a whole situation that was abysmal.

It's great that you are home now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, HappyInVan said:

Frankly, I was surprised by the vicious attacks on you. They'll be singing a different tune if they had to walk a mile in your shoes.

You're the whistleblower and the heroine of this saga. Not the company.

Thanks once again for warning us. The ships are sailing once again at a quarter capacity.

I agree with you.

I'm thankful that @Rosy Seasonand @Razrynshared their experiences with us.  And I’m glad they continued posting even though so many people  discounted their experiences and bullied them.  They both said the number of Covid cases on their sailings were out of control and that Royal had dropped the ball handling them.

Royal (and NCL) cancelled a lot of future sailings less than a week after these two got off their ships. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

I give up--what is the logic to not letting you use the balcony?. (I didn't read all the previous pages, just started from the most recent)

I was surprised when they reported that they could not use the balcony.  Still upon reflection I did think of a few possible explanations.  Perhaps one or a combo explain the reason…or some other reason unbeknownst to me.

1.  Opening the door changes the airflow dynamics. Opening the door could potentially drive cabin air into the hallway, potentially carting airborne virus.  Especially if somebody opens cabin door while balcony door is ajar.

2.  If some guests isolated in OV cabins while others have balcony cabins the former may be upset (especially if they book suites).  Guests services can say “those balcony doors are not to be opened anyway.”

3.  Some guests on next deck may be unhappy with their balconies so close to a row of quarantine balconies.  If you knew deck 6 was quarantined balconies, would you happily book a balcony on deck 7 or would it be a little too close to too many infected people?  Some might find the track on deck 5 too close for comfort.

IDK…just guessing

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

I was surprised when they reported that they could not use the balcony.  Still upon reflection I did think of a few possible explanations.  Perhaps one or a combo explain the reason…or some other reason unbeknownst to me.

1.  Opening the door changes the airflow dynamics. Opening the door could potentially drive cabin air into the hallway, potentially carting airborne virus.  Especially if somebody opens cabin door while balcony door is ajar.

2.  If some guests isolated in OV cabins while others have balcony cabins the former may be upset (especially if they book suites).  Guests services can say “those balcony doors are not to be opened anyway.”

3.  Some guests on next deck may be unhappy with their balconies so close to a row of quarantine balconies.  If you knew deck 6 was quarantined balconies, would you happily book a balcony on deck 7 or would it be a little too close to too many infected people?  Some might find the track on deck 5 too close for comfort.

IDK…just guessing

Great points.  It would still be nice to be quarantined in a balcony even if you can’t open the door.  The huge glass doors would give a lot of natural light and a nice view.