Norwegian Port of Calls Cancelled??

If it is like most of the sailings with port cancellations (not limited, by any means, to NCL) changes are not announced until sometimes days (and hours) before the scheduled port call.  The situation is far too fluid and in most cases, the cancellations are by the port authorities. 

Definitely a case of past performance does not indicate the future.

• Like 1

Port cancellations can happen on any cruise, at any time, for MANY different reasons!

By going onto the ship, you have already committed to that possibility (as spelled out in the Guest Ticket Contract)!  Basically, you confirm you have read the document, understand the document, and agree to the terms, before you even arrive at the port for embarkation!

We've had multiple cruises that have had port delays, port cancellations, and/or port changes, quite a few times, through the years.

• Like 1

I asked one of my nephew that works at JFK to see if he knows whether one of the cousin coming home tomorrow from MCO (Orlando, Florida) on a JetBlue non-stop flight will be cancelled, delayed or need to rebook and postponed.  Don't believe they are coming back from a cruise.  He just laughed, "he cannot" be absolutely sure - it is too far out to predict with any degree of certainty these days, for multiple reasons.  

Same for cruises that we are booked on ... one item to pack along: patience.  Plenty of that and flexibility, prepare for the unexpected.  Happy & Safe Travel.    

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cruising to Retirement said:

Sailing on the Gem on the 19th-  Looking for feedback from current cruisers to see which Ports have been cancelled once on board-  Any input is appreciated, considering postponing our Cruise depending upon access to Carribean Ports-  Thanks and Happy New Year

It appears most ports are closing on a case by case basis. It will likely depend on how much Covid is onboard your particular ship on the day you are scheduled to arrive. The USVI (St Thomas, St John, St croix) have all closed to some cruise ships, as have the BVI (tortola, etc..). The ABC's have closed to cruise ships too (Aruba, Bonaire, Curaco). St Lucia, etc... Lots of ports on the Pacific side of Mexico too. Even private cruise ship owned islands in the Bahamas have turned away ships. If you cruise now, you should do so knowing that any stop in any port is a bonus.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think a lot of the canceled ports are on a ship by ship basis for whatever passengers +crew they have on board at that time. If they have too many positives within the group on board, they get turned away. I can't remember which ship/line/port it was, but they made it to the port at the beginning of the trip and on the return back they were going to stop therr again and were denied. Likely positive cases increased within the few days between visits.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AwesomO said:

I can't remember which ship/line/port it was, but they made it to the port at the beginning of the trip and on the return back they were going to stop ... 

Perhaps, you are thinking or read about the OM2 doing a 28 days T/A with a stop in NY last month, where a small # of pax testing positively were taken onshore ... cleared to continue onward to the Caribbean as planned, docked at one of the stops longer than planned (several days) and then pax were informed that they will skip its return stopover in NY and sailing direct back to England (was going to possibly, pickup those offloaded pax should they be cleared to re-board)  Apparently, some pax are being flown back directly ... sorry, I didn't follow all the details myself, check the Cunard forum.  

1 hour ago, bortman23 said:

Anyone have info on ships missing GSC? 

There is / was never any detailed or consistent data kept on NCL ships missing their scheduled stop at GSC, as it could be for different reasons before, and, now.  It is always 50:50 that the tender stop was a go or no can't.  NCL corp office's operations know, but they aren't going to release that data to you or me.  

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 2