Parking at Miami Port

Luckyroot

Hi - recently moved to Florida - so new to parking at the ports here. 
what is the cost to park AT the port and is it super convenient? (We used to sail often from Capr Liberty in Bayonne which is literally steps from the terminal). 

Any recommendations on of site parking with shuttle? Saw an ad for “WePark in Miami” for ~$9/day. Anyone ever park there?

2 hours ago, Luckyroot said:

Hi - recently moved to Florida - so new to parking at the ports here. 
what is the cost to park AT the port and is it super convenient? (We used to sail often from Capr Liberty in Bayonne which is literally steps from the terminal). 

Any recommendations on of site parking with shuttle? Saw an ad for “WePark in Miami” for ~$9/day. Anyone ever park there?

Parking at POM is very safe and convenient. The cost is high, $22.00 a day. The off site parking gets a50/50 review. Cruisers like it or don't. The lots are located in an undesirable part of Miami. The complaints are vandalism and the reliability of the shuttles. Have never used off site parking. The first time staying downtown I saw a car broken into on a Saturday morning on Biscayne Blvd right in front of Bayside Market Place. Google POM parking, you'll see the lots advertisement.

21 minutes ago, Noxequifans said:

In Miami the general wisdom as posted on this board is to park at the port

Thanks all. Glad to know this, we will park at POM.  As my dad always used to say-if it sounds too good to be true - it probably isn’t true!

On 1/3/2022 at 12:38 PM, skrufy said:

Parking at POM is very safe and convenient. The cost is high, $22.00 a day. The off site parking gets a50/50 review. Cruisers like it or don't. The lots are located in an undesirable part of Miami. The complaints are vandalism and the reliability of the shuttles. Have never used off site parking. The first time staying downtown I saw a car broken into on a Saturday morning on Biscayne Blvd right in front of Bayside Market Place. Google POM parking, you'll see the lots advertisement.

Do you just show up to POM for parking, or do you need to reserve something? First time sailing out of Miami. I can’t seem to find anything that says one or the other. 

44 minutes ago, Alm02060 said:

Do you just show up to POM for parking, or do you need to reserve something? First time sailing out of Miami. I can’t seem to find anything that says one or the other. 

No reservations needed or even possible.  Lots of empty spaces in the garages as the previous cruisers will have left by the time you arrive.

12 minutes ago, vegas7df said:

I have a Ford Expedition, will it fit in the terminal parking without having to pay extra due to the size?

I don’t want any surprises.

thank you

Check the Port Miami website for that info and, if necessary, call them to confirm.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Alm02060 said:

Just drive up to the garage and park.

8 hours ago, Alm02060 said:

My experience agrees with others that have posted that no reservations are needed and, at least my experience at Garage G, there were lots of spaces available, even close to the elevators starting on the 3rd level.  But, be prepared for very heavy and chaotic traffic getting to your terminal and, then, to the Garage.  

4 hours ago, debnjoe1438 said:

Any one know about paying at NCL parking garage B? Do you pay when you arrive or when leaving? It's been a few years since I've been in POM and have seen it both ways.

Check the Port Miami website: https://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/parking-information.asp.

Payment is made upon departure.  Only parking Garage J is prepaid.